Huttball tossing problem

Savej

So I've got the ball, I'm stunned/rooted/stunned/rooted/about-to-die and I try to toss the ball. I can't, tho, because I'm stunned. So... I click a target, hit the toss button, click a target, toss - really fast over and over hoping I get a toss off in between stuns and before I die and poof - the ball leaves my hand and goes to the enemy behind me and nowhere near where my mouse pointer was aiming (and long before I'm dead). This started happening to me a few weeks ago. Anyone else?

I read something about autotargeting for some attacks recently getting added. It's possible that in between stuns/kbs/pulls I hit the toss button before I've clicked the target area and in that case the ball might target my feet and go to the nearest other character (new mechanics)? If so that is very annoying but I guess I would have to adjust. However I don't remember reading about that in patch notes, just from another poster about targeted attacks - can anyone confirm?

Edited by Savej

I'm not too sure about this mechanic you are talking about, but if you are having trouble passing the ball the manually, just keybind the pass ability and double tap it while targeting your intended pass target and that should be quicker than the latter...hope i helped...

Yeah, what they added is basically an auto AoE target. Clicking/hitting AoEs that you used to have to manually target (like passing the huttball) twice will result in it going directly to whomever you're targeting. So, if you're targeting yourself, it'll go directly under your feet and then to whoever is closest to that. You can target whoever you're trying to pass to and double clicking/hitting your huttball to throw it to them. And like the poster above if you haven't already, please keybind the Huttball Throw. It'll make you and your team so much better off. Edited by BishopSMASH

That would definitely be the double tap keybind option. I turned that off after I had it happen. I prefer manual aiming anyways for AoEs and leading passes and the chance of accidentally throwing it to the wrong person in a bad situation.

There are a couple of reason this could occur.

1) If you have the double tap to toss to ground targets enabled and you have an enemy selected, it will toss to them.

2) Your camera was clipping an overhead ramp behind you. This occurs frequently in the first huttball map between the acid pits and the first 2 bottom fire pits if you are trying to toss the ball to a person on the ledge directly in front of you. The ball ends up being thrown in the opposite direction.

Edited by JackNader