The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

That's the intention. I think, I found a way for Borans and Vashti to communicate. But now we really need LK or Sel to step into place for Vashti.

Sorry Sil, but B4 just isn't on top of that situation. It's still waiting for a certain thing to happen.

Edit: Your post just reminded me of an achievement triple in the game about the contradicting nature of organics.

They don't like droids.:eek:

They build a lot of droids.:cool:

But they don't like droids.:confused:

Edited by Mathemagica

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Sil, but B4 just isn't on top of that situation. It's still waiting for a certain thing to happen.

I wonder what that would be, I have a few ideas, but I want to be sure. :p As for not being on top of the situation, I blame the lack of a proper vocabulator! :D

Indeed, a vocabulator would be gold. Or another droid who can translate *hinthint*.

Let's just say, that I sent you a PM that was related to the 'thing' not long after the start of the game. B4's programming will suddenly get completely different priorities.

Indeed, a vocabulator would be gold. Or another droid who can translate *hinthint*.

Let's just say, that I sent you a PM that was related to the 'thing' not long after the start of the game. B4's programming will suddenly get completely different priorities.

I think I know which PM you are referring to, but not 100% So many PM's since then... Though, I believe you are referring to, 'Priority Change' you previously described in the answering of the questions I sent? If not, need to look at the other PM's...

Edited by Silenceo

I think I know which PM you are referring to, but not 100% So many PM's since then... Though, I believe you are referring to, 'Priority Change' you previously described in the answering of the questions I sent? If not, need to look at the other PM's...

I sent you another PM to clarify. Don't want to spoil it here.

Edit: And with that, it's time to go to sleep for me. You'll get the answer to the rest of your questions tomorrow, Borans.

Edited by Mathemagica

I was under the impression that the trap was a bit farther up the ridge, and Boran had halted because B4 had constantly been keeping its distance. I am not saying that Boran would have detected the grenades, I merely am trying to fix the mental visualization. For her to have planted them that far from where he senses Vashti, that possibly could have exposed her or made her work rushed, but obviously she was not. Hmm...

Though, I will refer to this post when speaking of the grenade that B4 is carrying.

Just not sure how Jahuro/Boran would have missed the person he was going to meet, placing explosives along the path up the ridge. Note, that I had figured the explosives had been placed at the top, but if it was indeed along the ridge, I will take this into account as I think over the scenario.

Side Note: Taking it to the Debate Thread.

Edited by Silenceo

So just getting a feel for the next match, what era will it take place in? I think the Clone Wars would be fun.

I already have a couple of characters almost ready, so era doesn't really matter to me right now since I feel that one can fit in any.

I'm sorry to say that I have to abandon the game as well. I'm one week away from big RL-changes and I won't be able to post from that point on, at least not frequently enough for this kind of game. While I could still go on for a week, the current situation is very convenient to let B4 become disfunctional.

I originally assumed that the game would take three weeks which would have fitted into my window of free time, but given the pace until now - and my miscalculation with the effect of strongholds on the game, I doubt that I could see the game to its conclusion within a week.

I will still read, as time allows. There are still several things that I want to read before the end (hintpacifistteamhint).

I would revive it right now, but currently swamped with this semester of College starting up for me.

As for enjoying the game, I would have thought you would hate me by now LK since I tend to challenge so many of your statements in conflicts. :D

But yeah, mostly the game got stuck on this Vashti vs Jahuro/Boran vs Zakkegs match up.

Side Note: I plan that after this one I will have a 'mini' Survivors series that will take much less time, with the original coming around in the lulls in the seasons. Thoughts?

After Thought: If you want, I can go in and try to set my bias aside to narrate the conflict to its conclusion. If I do this, it is unlikely any of them will leave in better than *severely wounded*. It would be quite a fight.

Edited by Silenceo

I would revive it right now, but currently swamped with this semester of College starting up for me.

As for enjoying the game, I would have thought you would hate me by now LK since I tend to challenge so many of your statements in conflicts. :D

But yeah, mostly the game got stuck on this Vashti vs Jahuro/Boran vs Zakkegs match up.

Side Note: I plan that after this one I will have a 'mini' Survivors series that will take much less time, with the original coming around in the lulls in the seasons. Thoughts?

After Thought: If you want, I can go in and try to set my bias aside to narrate the conflict to its conclusion. If I do this, it is unlikely any of them will leave in better than *severely wounded*. It would be quite a fight.

Sounds good to me.

Small note about the mini-series, the characters will already be pre-made and participants will choose from a large selection. Once chosen, they will be sent the characters backround information beyond the basics. In the Mini-Series, imagine it like an Arena match compared to a Huttball match. Shorter, more brutal, but dang fun to watch and play.

Anyone have questions regarding the Mini-Series? I think I might name it, "Fatalities".

Essentially I aim for "Fatalities" to last at max a week, whereas Survivors has shown to be able to last several weeks.

It is still in the concept phase, so if you have any ideas whatsoever, do not hesitate. Think short, brutal, versions of Survivors. I will let up on some of the rules since that was one of the obvious errors this round, but will still restrict certain things. I want people to be able to direct their character, but not others, and be able to have fun. A little less of the complexities of "Survivors" where you often have to try and form alliances with people who do not trust your character.

Fatalities

Coming soon to a forum near you!

Side Note: This does NOT mean that the "Survivors" game is dead, it merely is going to be saved for periods of when there is much more chance of participation, such as holidays, breaks, or long lulls in school work.

Edited by Silenceo

As far as the games themselves go, I personally suggest doubling the narrator slots, making the ability to carry on the game without 'x' narrator very possible.

I also suggest a stricter version of the rules regarding posts: If someone does not update their situation within at the most 24 hours from the last narrator update regarding said character, then a narrator, whom lacks a character involved with said scenario; takes that character over and to the best of their character's creator's description, posts on behalf of said player in a fair unbiased manner.

The above helps to avoid loss of game momentum.

I have also come across a boat load of abilities we have to add in, e.g. Fold Space, Force Corruption, etc...

Regarding length of the matches, I would actually recommend expanding them, bare with me on this:

Instead of one singular planet, we could if we wanted, have them go to planet 'x' to gain or complete 'x' and allow for character expansion.

If a player has their character die on the starting planet, they can create a new character whom will appear on the way to or on planet '2'.

Characters can evolve, expand and be replaced. The game can then also allow for fluid inclusion of new players to the game at intervals.

The longer the games goes, the tougher it gets, planet '2' should for example have a higher difficulty level across the board than the starting planet. Which besides the boss battle, shouldn't be so bloodbathy IMO.

I know this is going into full blown RP territory, however we conquered the force power limitations, we can conquer this.

Just my suggestions, so that this can take on a larger life.