Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

Ok thank you while I know my character next move will be start moving towards Darksaber and Karadron group in the morning but dang I wishdd I usd drain knowledge on Jareel before he died that was stupid of me now how am I going to know who killed him Edited by Jarons

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Silenceo: Given Vashtis character, it will require careful handling with the situation to avoid violence. I guess, there will be a narrator post about them meeting soon. Unless Vashti corrects me, I would say that B4 is approaching Jahuro with Vashti in the wait and the plasma grenade has no signal detonator (if it has, B4 would remove it while approaching Jahuro). I'm curious how Boran will communicate with B4.

Indeed, very careful handling will be required. Though, I should mention that Jahuro isn't digging deep into Vashti's mind currently, more looking at surface impressions. If it does come to a fight, he will not need to dig terribly deep to allow for higher reaction to her actions, though I do not think we will get to that part.

Edit: Wasn't the lack of emotion what allowed clone troopers to execute Jedi Masters at the range of less than 5 meters? See Episode III for references. When I look over Vashtis Bio, I don't think that her mind is easy to access. I think it would require some smart dialogue between the two to make Boran see below the surface.

So are droids. They fought them quite well. He knows very well that this individual might threaten his life, and he is trying to avoid violence for the time being because he respects those who are able to defend themselves from his mental abilities. Which even at only surface images he can tell that Vashti has a strong mind.

While Boran will not be able to understand B4, he will not act hostile for a few reasons, mainly because he wonders what it is that just drove off and made an entire group fearful for their lives, yet all he finds is a droid and a steely women. In other words, he is intrigued and curiosity is what keeps him going forward.

I reiterate, Jahuro has no intention to kill other participants, though he might play some mind games. The reason that fearful soldier died from it was because he just couldn't handle that amount of fear and essentially had a heart attack.

Edit: Wasn't the lack of emotion what allowed clone troopers to execute Jedi Masters at the range of less than 5 meters? See Episode III for references. When I look over Vashtis Bio, I don't think that her mind is easy to access. I think it would require some smart dialogue between the two to make Boran see below the surface.

This is precisely correct, the novel state outright that none of the Jedi bar Yoda himself had a clue what was going to happen, not a single one, to assume Jahuro has higher senses than the likes of Ki Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Obi-Wan Kenobi and god knows how many other Jedi Masters is very very strongly pushing it.

He also does not have the level of battle precog that Meetra Surik or Revan had, so assuming he would outright just sense grenades in the dirt is pushing very hard.

Also, you cannot just 'switch off' a Force aura, you gave him an aura of fear, you can project a far stronger aura but the aura nonetheless doesn't just disappear like an activated Force Power.

"Those who channel the Dark Side effects on the mind, will find that their own presence in the force maintains a sense of pervading fear, another Force Sensitive will recognize this as some form of Dark Side presence. A normal spacer would mistake it for a natural sense of fear over any given reason." KotOR Campaign Guide

But unfortunately for Jahuro, whilst other's might mistake a small tingle of fear as just themselves being creeped the f**k out as standard on Dxun, Vashti wants to be here, she prefers these kinds of hunting grounds, a small aura of fear, which you can't hide unless you actively mask it, is not going to go unnoticed by someone who had it literally beaten out of her.

I was merely trying to point out that jedi have survived ambushes by beings with no emotions before, such as droids. Jahuro doesn't need to sense everything, merely that Vashti is in this direction. This is a completely different scenario than when the clones betrayed the jedi. Jahuro is advancing upon a position he knows a being with a steely psyche resides, which basically completely legates the whole, 'emotionless' thing unless he comes to trust her and leaves his back open.

As for the grenades, I never mentioned him evading the grenades fully, I merely said he would likely avoid instant death. I imagine he would still be injured by the grenades should they be activated, with his precog merely allowing him to survive the blast, when combined with his force speed.

As for the 'Aura' that is still a bit of a jump for Vashti to make... I will comment further and in more detail after I eat dinner.

Also, at what range is Vashti feeling this aura? Because I wish to remind you that if he is not actively empowering the aura, it is unlikely to reach far beyond himself. I also wish it to be kept in mind that he has been using Art of Small to diminish his presence in the force to other force users, which should minimize the aura as well.

I feel it is indeed in character for Vashti to prepare for 'aggressive negotiations' when spotting a stranger heading towards her position, though the part I am doubting is that she can tell so quickly that he is a sith. More than sith wear cloaks you know... In fact, I would even wager they are the minority, the most known minority mind you.

Edited by Silenceo

We can go back and forth on auras/presences all day but I subscribe to the following statement over-all:

"A Jedi can feel the dark presence of a Sith from thousands of meters away, with little effort. However regular citizens of the galaxy can feel the approach of the Dark Side through the normal reactionary senses of fear and anxiety from only a few hundred meters away." - Legacy Era CG.

Considering that Vashti has been fighting across the galaxy for the past 53 years and likely brushes sides with countless force users. I imagine she is more than accustomed to it.

She also has the advantage of having previously met this same presence on-board the ship and would have noticed the disappearance of this presence when he got shot at the planet for annoying the bigger, badder one.

We can go back and forth on auras/presences all day but I subscribe to the following statement over-all:

"A Jedi can feel the dark presence of a Sith from thousands of meters away, with little effort. However regular citizens of the galaxy can feel the approach of the Dark Side through the normal reactionary senses of fear and anxiety from only a few hundred meters away." - Legacy Era CG.

Considering that Vashti has been fighting across the galaxy for the past 53 years and likely brushes sides with countless force users. I imagine she is more than accustomed to it.

She also has the advantage of having previously met this same presence on-board the ship and would have noticed the disappearance of this presence when he got shot at the planet for annoying the bigger, badder one.

Which is why I brought up the fact he has been using Art of Small, which makes the presence essentially disappear unless the one searching is quite skilled. I also doubt the prisoners had much face to face interactions with the others considering they were all in separate 'pens'.

One of Jahuro's things is stealth, both to the visual and the senses, force included. That is part of how he earned the title, "Terror of the Night." The fact of the matter is, that the aura he normally would be projecting, is effectively been shrunk with Art of Small so that it is nearly none existent.

Edited by Silenceo

So then he should be practically exhausted of Force energy, Art of Small is an incredibly taxing ability and would leave him with very little else.

If he was using it in combination with other abilities, yes.

All accounts that we have seen of people using Art of Small merely to evade force detection, have been for incredibly long periods of time, seeming to indicate very little energy drain. I would even hazard a guess that all it took was focus and concentration. It is not like it casts a shroud that shrinks his presence, or a bubble where nothing is detected. It is merely narrowing ones focus to make the presence so small, it is nigh undetectable. A mentally taxing technique, more than an energy exhausting technique. Besides, it has only been active for half a day, to a day.

Using Tutaminis to absorb sun radiation of Felucia would be much more taxing, and that was said to be possible for several days none stop.

Ah very well, I was confusing the energy requirements for that of Spell of Concealment, my bad.

I would like to state however, that her L-A-M should easily pick him up on sensors, given this is Dxun and she has just fought off a group of Mandalorians, I could still see her taking extensive precautions, Dead-eye knows what she will do.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Ah very well, I was confusing the energy requirements for that of Spell of Concealment, my bad.

I would like to state however, that her L-A-M should easily pick him up on sensors, given this is Dxun and she has just fought off a group of Mandalorians, I could still see her taking extensive precautions, Dead-eye knows what she will do.

I have no doubt she will have detected him the old fashioned way. He was not trying to mask his arrival other than from other force sensitives. The L-A-M I was under the impression had already detected him, and due to the previous estimate of 3 miles, I figured it was a given.

As for her preparations, agreed. I never said she wouldn't see him at all, merely that the Aura wouldn't be giving his sensitivity away.

We REALLY should stop having such silly understandings. :rolleyes: Happens waaaaay too often and it always seems we are arguing over things that in the end, we end up have had nothing really to argue about... Its funny if you think about it. :p

Side Note: This settled, by chance can you slightly alter the post in the IC thread to reflect this? That done, I can properly make my next IC. :D

After Thought: Dead-eye? Do what? WE MUST NOW ARGUE OVER NOTHING!!! ;)

Edited by Silenceo

How close is B4 to Boran currently?

A few meters (10-15?). In launching range for the grenade, but far enough not to be caught in the explosion. The droid will also keep its distance to you, if you try to get too close for that.

Edit: Tanni and Hali'op still need to check on that Bantha and get along with their morals. But you were the last one who posted (I think), so yeah...

Edited by Mathemagica

A few meters (10-15?). In launching range for the grenade, but far enough not to be caught in the explosion. The droid will also keep its distance to you, if you try to get too close for that.

Edit: Tanni and Hali'op still need to check on that Bantha and get along with their morals. But you were the last one who posted (I think), so yeah...

... So... What is Boran supposed to do? Play charades? It has already been established he doesn't understand the droid.

... So... What is Boran supposed to do? Play charades? It has already been established he doesn't understand the droid.

Well, Borans and B4 can do about the same as Vashti and B4 could do. B4 can follow their commands. Given that the droid doesn't prove much of a helpful conversation partner, I guess Borans would try to get a conversation started with Vashti.

I'd like to mention that B4's programming didn't imprint any fixed loyality to Vashti. Her inability to understand it prevented that from happening (among other things). The main reason, B4 didn't help the Imperials or Mandalorians was, that it couldn't get in contact with them or they were obviously the losing side.

Once the trio splits up, B4 will have to decide who it follows and this will heavily depend on Borans behaviour and the informations that come out during any conversation between the three.

I don't know yet, which things will be deciding. I'll find out as the conversation goes.

Edit: I guess, Borans would want to get Vashti showing herself somehow, since he can communicate with an organic for certain due to drain mind. This might be accomplishable through charades.

Edited by Mathemagica

Perhaps if the questions evolve past yes/no. It will be interesting since the astromech would be pitiful in a game of charades due to its droid limitations. :p

Due to its lack of social memories, B4 has nearly no understanding of organic behaviour (outside of emergency repairs in space). Borans will be a complete riddle to the droid. I'm looking forward to the twisted picture B4 will get from the Sith.

Edit: The heat sources, B4 is referring to, are the Zakkegs mentioned in an earlier post by LK.

Edited by Mathemagica

Due to its lack of social memories, B4 has nearly no understanding of organic behaviour (outside of emergency repairs in space). Borans will be a complete riddle to the droid. I'm looking forward to the twisted picture B4 will get from the Sith.

I am sure he will notice given time, and will likely be like '***?! I thought organics hated that...Such odd things they are!' or some such. Should be entertaining.

Side Note: Assuming B4 wants Boran to take the com link to talk to Vashti? As for the com link hacking, so rude! :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo