• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Name: Torin "XX" Kexexark

Profession- Arms Merchant

Species- Kaleesh

Age- 36

Height- 1.8 meters

Skin color- White

Skill(s)- Shrewd Businessman, Sharpshooter, Weapons Expert, Survivalist, and Guerilla Warfare tactician.

Clothing- Traditional Kaleesh Garb wth mask and full body wrap

Items:

1. Datapad (mostly weapon specs, prices, and basic functions)

2. Outland rifle

3. A bandolier of 4 FEX-M3 nerve gas grenades

(Lig sword worn on his person at all times)

Planet Vote:

-Dxun

Short Bio:

Torin spent his early life with his father as a warrior on Kalee and later left with him to travel the galaxy. They first served as mercenaries, Torin's father gained prestige for his ability to slay Mandalorians, Echani, and even a Jedi once. Alas, when Torin was 17 years old his father was left crippled as a result of a disease. Unable to fight, his father became depressed.

One day, as Torin arrived back at their apartment on Nar Shadda he came across a grisly sight. His father lay on the ground in pool of blood, his Lig sword jutting straight out of his back. He'd taken his own life instead of wasting away. Torin saw his father as a God, as in the traditions of his people, and returned to Kalee to bury his father.

His people embraced his father as a god as well, having heard of his exploits. Torin, however, hadn't proven himself and was ridiculed as the worthless son who'd never measure up, his status as an albino freak didn't help much either. In anger he took his father's collection of rare weapons looted from the bodies of his foes and used them to kill his old village. Then he began selling them as both a means of supporting himself, and ridding himself of the bad memories. He became quite good, developing contacts throughout the galaxy.

His business eventually blossomed into a very successful enterprise and Torin became wealthy, but also rather infamous. He had a brutal temper and while he wasn't his father, he'd still learned how to wield a blaster from one of the best. Many associates died for cheating, lying, stealing, or asking about his father. He is calculating, shifty, and intelligent. But if he gets into a rage he becomes brutal, ruthless, and an efficient killing machine.

He cared little for his people's heritage, but idolized his father while also loathing him at the same time. His motivation is money, honor is something he chose to rid himself of when he killed his village.

He was on his way to close a deal for FEX-M3 nerve gas grenades with a special buyer when the ship went down.

Not sure how active I'll be, but I had this idea for a character and just had to do it.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Updated my character sheet with a third item (reserve fuel for B4's tools) and specified which languages his programming covers (no ancient Sith language, no Chiss language).

Also, can I make it that B4's wheels are magnetic whenever he chooses to? I don't want to figure out how that could actually be done, but I doubt it would want to have magnetic wheels for every situation at work.

Karadrons character is nice. Sad too, though.

Edited by Mathemagica

Also, can I make it that B4's wheels are magnetic whenever he chooses to? I don't want to figure out how that could actually be done, but I doubt it would want to have magnetic wheels for every situation at work.

I think that the term you are looking for, is Magnetize. Many walkers such as the AT-TE and Dwarf Spider droids could grip any surface, however, they are not wheeled.

I can not think of a time when an astromech has magnetized themselves to stay in place on a metallic surface, though I can think of multiple times when soldiers such as Clones or Stormtroopers, even battle droids, have done so. If you or anyone can find a way to incorporate it, I will consider it. As it stands however, there is lack of evidence to allow it.

I think that the term you are looking for, is Magnetize. Many walkers such as the AT-TE and Dwarf Spider droids could grip any surface, however, they are not wheeled.

I can not think of a time when an astromech has magnetized themselves to stay in place on a metallic surface, though I can think of multiple times when soldiers such as Clones or Stormtroopers, even battle droids, have done so. If you or anyone can find a way to incorporate it, I will consider it. As it stands however, there is lack of evidence to allow it.

It happened in one of the Clone wars episodes with all droids it was a pretty major upgrade though....

It happened in one of the Clone wars episodes with all droids it was a pretty major upgrade though....

Perhaps the reason I do not remember that part, is because of how much I despised that arc. It was arcs like that, that just made me want to go dark side...

That was because it stopped EVERYTHING and was combined with a solid laser, normal magnetised allowed them to move.

IIRC, there's that episode where they have to get a holocron off Cad Bane, they invade his ship, he turns gravity off but R2 just carries on wheeling around the place to turn the gravity back off again, so I'd say it's possible.

That was because it stopped EVERYTHING and was combined with a solid laser, normal magnetised allowed them to move.

IIRC, there's that episode where they have to get a holocron off Cad Bane, they invade his ship, he turns gravity off but R2 just carries on wheeling around the place to turn the gravity back off again, so I'd say it's possible.

This is correct....

Magnetize is probably the word I'm looking for (physics, english and I don't mix well). Technically, there would probably be some sort of frame at the bottom of its chassis that can be magnetized. That way it will be held down to metallic surfaces (when B4 wants to do so) without the wheels being impaired.

As astromech droids have to be able to work in zero-gravity on the hull of a starship (see Selenials example for R2 above), I thought that most astromech droids have such an ability. Since they might want to make 'jumps' from one place on the hull to another, it would make sense if they could turn it off, thus the ability to magnetize or not.

Edit: I actually found another example: During the escape from Naboo in Episode I, R2 and the other astromech droids are working on the outer hull of the starship. Unless starships create artificial gravitiy in a small area around their hull (which I've never heard of), they needed something like magnetism to hold onto the ship.

Note that the ship is actually trying to break the blockade, so the magnetic field seems to be strong enough to compensate gentle acceleration of the starship. Probably not much more though.

Edited by Mathemagica

Hey sel you think of anything else for the kaggath, I saw one post from you but I am drawing a blank for any other points I actually want to bring up.....

Yeh, I've got a few things I want to bring up about my Vehicles, Sienar and leaderships....

I wonder if Aurbere will do his Leadership battle stuff, I might ask...

Yeh, I've got a few things I want to bring up about my Vehicles, Sienar and leaderships....

I wonder if Aurbere will do his Leadership battle stuff, I might ask...

Just made a post about some vehicles I think I will continue to chime in anytime I think of something I am missing, but I am for what ever reason severely drawing a blank on most things... Oh well

So far we have a mandolorin republic loyalist a insane sith , loyal Jedi watchman a sith warrior assassin, a armed to the tooth wookie and a former slave am I missing anyone this is one werid group of survivors Edited by Jarons

So far we have a mandolorin republic loyalist a insane sith , loyal Jedi watchman a sith warrior assassin, a armed to the tooth wookie and a former slave am I missing anyone this is one werid group of survivors

You forgot the droid sidekick. I'm gonna expand its biography a little bit after dinner concerning memory wipes and such.

So far we have a mandolorin republic loyalist a insane sith , loyal Jedi watchman a sith warrior assassin, a armed to the tooth wookie and a former slave am I missing anyone this is one werid group of survivors

:jawa_wink:

Also I think you forgot the astromech.

Oh, and the Kaleesh Warlord.

Edited by Silenceo

The Narrator Assistants and I are currently going through the character data for some information, but there are a few details that i need to ask each of you, so if you receive a PM, can you please answer truthfully?

I ask this simply because almost everyone has a bit more of a story to them, and that could open opportunities, and I am merely trying to gather that information as much as I can so that they will be properly portrayed and their time on the planets will be much more fitting.