GTN Item return - refund option...

Orontis

As I found out today (the hard and painful way apparently :eek:) there is no return or refund option for wrong purchases made on the GTN sale network.

:csw_yoda:

You goofed. Many of us players have too.

Pain is a Great Teacher.

Lesson Learned, I hope.

If the market should be self-regulatory (as intended), I want a sellers-rating system (much like ebay's).

When buying mats nowadays, the ammount of people that put up mats that range from 300 to 1500 a piece on the GTN and list them for 400k credits screams Troll/Scam to me.

Why am I not allowed to flag that person for other buyers to be cautious of? (I am able to report people that are active on chat... why not those?)

Another idea: Coloring of the Prices relatively to cheapest/most expensive. Would be a easy way to look at things.

At the moment the only difference is 'can I buy it with the cash at hand' (green) or not (red).

This would also eliminate the need of sorting just the get the cheapest of them all... and you can color the overall price as well as the price per unit with this.

As I found out today (the hard and painful way apparently :eek:) there is no return or refund option for wrong purchases made on the GTN sale network.

Since I try to buy and sell items most of the time on the GTN in between flashpoins and PVP warzones popings I made a wrong purchase of a crafting material, it supposed to be priced around 5000 credits for 5 pices of Corundum powder but instead it was priced 500.000 credits by a crazy seller :jawa_evil: probably on purpose too.

The listings were short mistakenly as most expensive items on top first so I made the purchase thought it was 5.000 credits only to be surprised afterwards I found out what had happened. :mad:

:csw_yoda:

You just gave the answer yourself!!

1st move when open the GTN = sort price UP or DOWN!!!!

Edited by Kissakias

If the market should be self-regulatory (as intended), I want a sellers-rating system (much like ebay's).

When buying mats nowadays, the ammount of people that put up mats that range from 300 to 1500 a piece on the GTN and list them for 400k credits screams Troll/Scam to me.

Why am I not allowed to flag that person for other buyers to be cautious of? (I am able to report people that are active on chat... why not those?)

Another idea: Coloring of the Prices relatively to cheapest/most expensive. Would be a easy way to look at things.

At the moment the only difference is 'can I buy it with the cash at hand' (green) or not (red).

This would also eliminate the need of sorting just the get the cheapest of them all... and you can color the overall price as well as the price per unit with this.

How would this system prevent people from arbitrarily down-voting sellers who are only guilty of offering a better price? E-bay has this problem already. While it limited in scope because you have to buy something to leave feedback on a seller, the seller still has a way to dispute negative feedback when they believe it was not appropriate. I have a friend who runs an ebay store as his primary source of income and he is constantly having negative feedback removed simply because people have buyer's remorse after winning a bid war that pushes the price up a little higher than they would have paid normally.

I know many people who would happily buy out your listings that undercut their own, just so they could leave negative feedback and then relist the items they bought from you at the same price you were undercutting. On ebay this wouldn't happen because people are using real money, but on a game where its just monopoly money, this could be a serious problem that would allow the richest players to completely dominate the market.

I tink at this point I don't even realize anymore when I open the gtn I automaticaly click sort twice to have it put lowest price first. I have noticed though since the first click does highest first a lot of stupid since conquest came out, every mats category has some tool listing several quantity 1 items for 1,000,000,000 credits. I just shake my head and keep shopping.

Buyer beware, always has been, always will be, if you don't pay attention... well, that's your bad for not doing so...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

We don't need a rating system. If the lowest price (unit or overall, as you see fit) is low enough to buy, buy it. Otherwise wait for the price to come down. 'Nuff said.

Because anyone with the ability to read and do a couple of mouse clicks can see what the lowest overall and/or lowest unit price is. Duh.

The GTN refund system the OP suggests just begs to be misused. Essentially it allows for removing listings from the GTN for a 30 minute period without any compensation to the seller.

Indeed. It would become the ideal tool for a seller to remove competitor's listings. Hours could go by before the targeted person switch over to their selling toon and notice that they have been de-listed.

Maybe limit the "refund" to once a week/month per legacy. Learn 2 internet is a distinct possibility if someone needs to use it more often than that. In addition, tie in an automatic 10% "derp" penalty and 24 hour waiting period before the refund is mailed back to the buyer.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

You could avoid a de-listing if you keep the time frames short.

Example:

You have 5-10 mins to return an item. Once returned, it will be re-listed immediately with the same price (same rest duration). If you furthermore limit the amout of returns per week (2?) this would severely limit misuse, wouldn't it?

And, last but not least, YOU (as a returner) must pay the relisting fee (50% of the initial listing fee).

So essentially, when you return an item, you return it to the GTN and not to the player. Problem solved?

Edited by Orrrrmus

• 2 weeks later...
You could avoid a de-listing if you keep the time frames short.

Example:

You have 5-10 mins to return an item. Once returned, it will be re-listed immediately with the same price (same rest duration). If you furthermore limit the amout of returns per week (2?) this would severely limit misuse, wouldn't it?

And, last but not least, YOU (as a returner) must pay the relisting fee (50% of the initial listing fee).

So essentially, when you return an item, you return it to the GTN and not to the player. Problem solved?

Agree with this entirely. I'm also a caveat emptor person, but it hurts when I've just now spent my entire fortune on 1 misclick. I only noticed it was gone because I kept pressing the rest of the buy buttons and I started getting red text in my chat telling my I couldn't afford it. :eek: Yes it's stupid, and yes I realise that 3 decimals don't exist. BUT a 5 - 10 minute return cooldown wouldn't hurt and would have solved the problem. :(

Plus it wouldn't hurt if the sorting function wasn't borked. It seems to randomly sort up or down when I click on price, so I always have to sort a few times.

Agree with this entirely. I'm also a caveat emptor person, but it hurts when I've just now spent my entire fortune on 1 misclick. I only noticed it was gone because I kept pressing the rest of the buy buttons and I started getting red text in my chat telling my I couldn't afford it.

It's not really 1 misclick if you keep clicking, is it? :rolleyes:

I honestly think this problem is something that will always be present in a GTN/AH type system, because there will always be people who don't pay attention and make mistakes and there will always be people trying to take advantage of them. It's unfortunate, but that's humanity for ya, MMO or not.

Agree with this entirely. I'm also a caveat emptor person, but it hurts when I've just now spent my entire fortune on 1 misclick. I only noticed it was gone because I kept pressing the rest of the buy buttons and I started getting red text in my chat telling my I couldn't afford it. :eek: Yes it's stupid, and yes I realise that 3 decimals don't exist. BUT a 5 - 10 minute return cooldown wouldn't hurt and would have solved the problem. :(

Plus it wouldn't hurt if the sorting function wasn't borked. It seems to randomly sort up or down when I click on price, so I always have to sort a few times.

I find it funny that no one comes to forums to complain when the seller lists an item for a much lower price by mistake?

Hypothetically, a walker mount goes for 15 million. Player A puts one up for 1.5 million because he missed a zero. Player B buys it for 1.5 million and tells player A that it is "too bad, that is the price he set".

Later Player B buys something that Player C listed for far more than market value because player B wasn't paying attention. Player B comes to the forums to complain that it's "not fair, and he wants a way to get his credits back, or wants Player C to be punished".

• 3 weeks later...
no offense, but we do not need a refund option, you just have to be careful, I mean the confirmation box pops up for a reason you have to check prior to clicking instead of just clicking.

what's against a refund option then? You could say we didn't need a confirmation box either. Or links to the emotes - you can type them into chat. It goes wrong now and again - there's a few pages of it having gone wrong right here!