why does Guardian get the healing companion so late?

ArchonSaar

Looking at the other tank classes, everyone gets it much earlier...

BH gets it at level 8 (starter planet)

Trooper at 15-20

SW and Shadow at 20-25

Knight and Assasin at 37+??

Is there something else that compensates for this lack of healing companion?

Edited by ArchonSaar

C2-N2 (granted with every republic ship) can heal. Though he's not really a companion as he doesn't fight, he can heal. You'll just have to find him some equipment by your own.

They might as well not have him come off the ship. He can't gain affection, and he's the worst companion to have in a fight because his healing doesn't even come close to losing the DPS you get from other companions. He doesn't heal well enough to make up for the extra beating you receive when your enemies can't die fast enough.

Yeah this annoyed me too, played a BH Tank in beta and it was rediculously easy.

I'll take endless survivability/infinite heals over being to kill things quicker before die, have to run away, not take on packs because they're hard.. or something.

But then I haven't played solo at all up to 40 so far.

Yeah this annoyed me too, played a BH Tank in beta and it was rediculously easy.

I'll take endless survivability/infinite heals over being to kill things quicker before die, have to run away, not take on packs because they're hard.. or something.

But then I haven't played solo at all up to 40 so far.

Ironically, the Knight and the Warrior are the only classes without healing ACs, and they get proper healing companions only towards the second half of the game. What the hell is up with that?

The ship droid is terrible. He can't use weapons, and thus, he loses a lot of stats. In my experience as a tank Guardian, a decked-out Kira, or T7 are way more useful. You can trade aggro with T7, juggling the enemy while doing steady damage, and Kira does excellent head-on damage. Although, some Consular hats are so awful that I sometimes just unequip them, losing stats - just to avoid seeing them. My biggest beef with Kira so far. I wish BW makes Companion headgear hideable, as well.

Although, both pale in comparison with Doc. This man is pure, unrefined awesome. Best guy to solo 2+heroics with. He heals me through two elites + 1 Strong with little trouble, and he does decent damage in between heals, too! Just be careful not to let him shoot that second elite and make him concentrate on the one you're beating on.

Edited by Helig