Fix The PVP Flag Exploit Bug

Rusah

When the target is doing inside a pile of bodys ya its a issue.. they stealth in and drop in as your are aoeing.. so you never even notice that they are there all you see is a green beam that there is loot. You must one of those aholes that exploits it..... given fixing it wouldnt be that hard to do.

a) Not an exploit, at most it is "greifing"

b) Never done it

c) That's not how PVP flagging works. You literally have to switch your active target to that person for your aoe to hit another player and flag you. Which means, they can't do what you described unless you MANUALLY select them as a target. If you start your aoe with an NPC target selected, you will not flag for PVP no matter how many PVP flagged people walk into your attack.

a) Not an exploit, at most it is "greifing"

b) Never done it

c) That's not how PVP flagging works. You literally have to switch your active target to that person for your aoe to hit another player and flag you. Which means, they can't do what you described unless you MANUALLY select them as a target. If you start your aoe with an NPC target selected, you will not flag for PVP no matter how many PVP flagged people walk into your attack.

can you be more wrong..sorry but when you click to loot you auto attack.. so when you see a green beam coming out of a pile of bodies you were just aoeing you click to loot.. that makes you attack. So yes what I said is how it works. On top of that when they did it to me it was in a pile of bodies near some crates the guy knew where to stand to fake die that total hid his name plate in the crate. They use stealth so you cant see them sneak in and set it up. I watched him do it to another player before we got the warning out that they were doing it. The other 3 pub players hid over a hill and would come in after you "tagged" the decoy loot player.

Yes its a very easy to fix.. all you have to add is a option where you have to manually flag to become flagged for pvp. A simple option that you have to type /pvp or hit the icon to pvp to become flagged. Then this stupid behavior wouldn't work anymore.

can you be more wrong..sorry but when you click to loot you auto attack.. so when you see a green beam coming out of a pile of bodies you were just aoeing you click to loot.. that makes you attack. So yes what I said is how it works. On top of that when they did it to me it was in a pile of bodies near some crates the guy knew where to stand to fake die that total hid his name plate in the crate. They use stealth so you cant see them sneak in and set it up. I watched him do it to another player before we got the warning out that they were doing it. The other 3 pub players hid over a hill and would come in after you "tagged" the decoy loot player.

Yes its a very easy to fix.. all you have to add is a option where you have to manually flag to become flagged for pvp. A simple option that you have to type /pvp or hit the icon to pvp to become flagged. Then this stupid behavior wouldn't work anymore.

The scenario described by others is the AoE situation. That one is no longer possible in the game.

Yes, using the loot beam to be a jerk is in the game; I don't condone it nor have I done it. I don't personally agree with manual pvp flagging, but that's not the point. Once again though, even with the loot beam scenario, a split second double check of the icon before you loot will prevent the attack and thus flagging.

The scenario described by others is the AoE situation. That one is no longer possible in the game.

Yes, using the loot beam to be a jerk is in the game; I don't condone it nor have I done it. I don't personally agree with manual pvp flagging, but that's not the point. Once again though, even with the loot beam scenario, a split second double check of the icon before you loot will prevent the attack and thus flagging.

If we flip this around and the PVP players made a small error and had to set it out in the bar for five minutes before they could re flag as PVP how happy do you think the PVP players would be? Do you think it would be all sunshine and lollypops or do you think they would be here crying about how wrong this is and that they are paying members that should not be treated this way. Some how I don't see them just Lol and moving in the game.

• 9 months later...