Help please

MikeSawchuk

I just got a new PC and now my graphics have a squished look to them the funny thing is on my old pc which was old slow and had a ****** graphics card it was fine i use my tv connected with an hdmi as a monitor which was never an issue if anyone has any feedback or suggestions please help thnx

TV : Panasonic tcp50st30

PC: Alienware X51

Processor type Intel Core i5

Processor speed 3.0 MHz

Cache size 6.144 KB

Processor count 1

Display

Included monitor No

Graphics

Graphics Type Discrete

Secondary Graphics Chipset Nvidia GeForce

Number of Graphic Cards included 1.0

Video Bus PCI

Storage

Drive size 1000.0 GB

Hard Drive Speed 7200.0 RPM

Drive type Hard Disk Drive

Ports and Connections

Available Interfaces

DVI (dual link)

HDMI

Memory

Memory size 8192.0 MB

Memory type DDR3

Memory speed 1333.0 MHz

Worked fine with my old pc connected through my receiver with hdmi no issues when it died i tried using my laptop to play and got the same squished/stretched graphics i am getting now i have tried uninstall/reinstall update drivers swapped hdmi and tried every receiver port and connected the HDMI directly to tv if anyone can help id really appreciate it! thnx

Edited by MikeSawchuk

I just got a new PC and now my graphics have a squished look to them the funny thing is on my old pc which was old slow and had a ****** graphics card it was fine i use my tv connected with an hdmi as a monitor which was never an issue if anyone has any feedback or suggestions please help thnx

Can you post the specs on your rig? Might help to post the make/model of the television as well. I can't guarantee I will be able to help, but I'm fairly sure anyone who could help you would need to know these specs as well. :)

You should double check that your graphics settings in game are what they should be and not accidentally set to a different monitor size. Also, please check whether you are playing in fullscreen, windowed, or windowed fullscreen. You will get the best, most consistent results in fullscreen mode.

You should double check that your graphics settings in game are what they should be and not accidentally set to a different monitor size. Also, please check whether you are playing in fullscreen, windowed, or windowed fullscreen. You will get the best, most consistent results in fullscreen mode.

Was the first thing I checked :)

My first guess would be making sure that the in game settings display resolution/settings is set to what the max suggested resolution is acceptable by your TV. Also be sure you are not in 4:3 setting instead of 16:9 Edited by Code_Airwolf

checked everything everything is fine set how it should b tried using a dif hdmi a dif receiver port putting the hdmi right to my tv still the distorted streched/squished graphics and it is only with SWTOR thnx for ur suggestions

I just got a new PC and now my graphics have a squished look to them the funny thing is on my old pc which was old slow and had a ****** graphics card it was fine i use my tv connected with an hdmi as a monitor which was never an issue if anyone has any feedback or suggestions please help thnx I knew I should if put specs iam at work now so ill keep it short ill add them fully later

Pc Alienware X51

Tv panasonic tcp50st30

Worked fine with my old pc but once it died I tried to play on laptop to tv same problem I have swapped hdmi and tried other ports on my receiver

I can tell you right now it's the TV I have noticed swtor looks very different because most tv resolutions are different that actual monitors.

Specs added :) to true in anger i neglected to update them

Good now plz post the content of

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

Before anything set all your settings to lowest graphic setting even the screen resolution.

Then one possible fix:

After some patches Star Wars will hold out of date codes into its cache, Which is known to cause issues, To fix this:

Go to windows start bar and type into search:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\SWTOR

> Delete the CrashDump folder.

> Now open the next SWTOR which is inside the original SWTOR folder,

Delete: DiskCacheStatic and DiskCacheStream

> Now go to where Star Wars is installed onto your machine, then open the SWTOR folder inside it,

Delete: DiskCacheArena

Start and log into Star Wars, Run repair and enjoy your game

Good now plz post the content of

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

Before anything set all your settings to lowest graphic setting even the screen resolution.

Then one possible fix:

Renderer]

AllowColorRemapping = true

AllowDepthOfField = true

AmbientNPCCount = 35

D3DFullScreen = true

doBlobShadows = true

doShadows = false

EnableBloom = false

GraphicsDeviceId = 1054

GraphicsQuality = 5

Height = 1080

NativeHeight = 1080

NativeWidth = 1920

PerfTestFlags = 409490

PlantDensity = 25

RefreshRate = 60

ShaderSet = 1

SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 0.875

TextureAnisotropy = 1

TextureQuality = 0

VerticalSyncState = true

Width = 1920

WindowX = 0

WindowY = 0

MeshLODQuality = 1

CodeVersionChanged = true

LastCodeVersionRun = 1

AntiAliasingLevel = 0

AtlasQuality = 1

FullScreen = true

[Game]

MoviesFolder = ..\..\Movies

SwtorRegKey = SOFTWARE\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

K here is what was in the file

Also since no-one has suggested this yet, make sure your tv isn't on zoom or 4:3 or stretched

lol i hate when it is something simple like that but that is one of the first things i tried the ui is fine in game no stretch or squish its just 3d graphics that are fudged thank you for trying to help good sir

Try this, it's higher settings but wondering if it gets worse or same as I get that with lowest settings it's not working right?

[Renderer]AntiAliasingLevel = 2AtlasQuality = 0Buckets = 3CodeVersionChanged = falseD3DFullScreen = trueDebugAdvEnviroLighting = truedoBlobShadows = truedoShadows = trueDynamicLightsLimit = 2enableadvenvirolighting = trueEnableBloom = trueFarClipScale = 3.9371195FullScreen = trueGraphicsDeviceId =  1054GraphicsQuality = 6Height = 1080LastCodeVersionRun = 1MeshLODQuality = 1NativeHeight = 1080NativeWidth = 1920NewBucket = 3PerfTestFlags = 30329856SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25TextureAnisotropy = 16UseMinSpecShaders = falseWidth = 1920WindowX = 0WindowY = 0AllowDepthOfField = trueShaderSet = 9PlantDensity = 100TextureQuality = 0GammaRamp = 1.VerticalSyncState = trueShadowMapNumCascades = 8ShadowMapResolution = 2560[Game]MoviesFolder = ..\..\MoviesSwtorRegKey = SOFTWARE\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic[sound]DisableSoundWhenUnfocused = false

If you have not tried Full-Screen Windowed mode, try it. I use it because I have a multi-monitor setup.

Right and do it in a lower resolution, like 800x600

Edited by Deewe

He can try that, but while he did not give the model number of his GeForce card, it can probably handle 1920x1080 (HDMI) just fine.

Guess so but the idea is to have a smaller frame first to be sure he's actually in windowed mode then have him switch between the background and the game to see how it behaves.