Star wars just got ruined for me.

seanbarney

Not to beat a dead horse, but OP it was your fault and it really wouldn't be something I would expect them to fix with the current system in place. If you really want the speeder, you can sub for one more month, wait for your 500 CC, and buy it so every character on your account has access.

A mount is a bit much to destory a entire experience if i was having fun but to each his own i guess.

Edited by Nickious

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to beat a dead horse, but OP it was your fault and it really wouldn't be something I would expect them to fix with the current system in place. If you really want the speeder, you can sub for one more month, wait for your 500 CC, and buy it so every character on your account has access.

A mount is a bit much to me but to each his own i guess.

According to ghoul_drool, it is actually much less nowadays, assuming it's the same for all of the thrones.

EDIT:

Apologies. Misread what you meant. Regardless, it's cheaper nowadays for those who care to know. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm still shocked the OP didn't want a free throne as a replacement.

Shockingly enough, this shocking thread delivered a shock to my systems when I was shocked to see that another shocking person was shocked to learn that the CS wouldn't restore a certain item, because they shockingly are responsible for the shocking mistake itself.

Quite shocking if I do say so myself.

Shockingly enough, this shocking thread delivered a shock to my systems when I was shocked to see that another shocking person was shocked to learn that the CS wouldn't restore a certain item, because they shockingly are responsible for the shocking mistake itself.

Quite shocking if I do say so myself.

I'm fairly sure that Inquisitor ran out of Force, with so many Shock going back and forth.

I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about. Honestly.

If that is truly the case Darth then I will offer you my apology. I can't say I believe you though. Your behavior is suspect at best.

Last I checked, you were the ONLY(!!!) person in this thread that employed the term "plight" to describe his predicament. No one else did that.

I didn't describe his predicament. I will not justify my speech to you. If you do not understand the subtleties of speech, especially when one is attempting to avoid being provocative that is not my concern.

Language barrier or not, the use of a word like plight does not demonstrate empathy. Empathy demonstrates empathy.

You're looking at it wrong though.

It is likely that his main intent was to sell the item on the GTN. However, he also chose beforehand to brag about it on the General Chat. Of his own volition.

Your not wrong about that Wicked. You are absolutely correct that chose to brag about it, and as a result bound the item to him.

But naturally that has nothing to do with my comment or your counter. I said he was upset because he wanted to sell the item, you said he was upset because he wanted to brag and bound the item to himself.

I said, no, I think I'm right....and it turns out I was. That was the reason he was upset based on his own words....and of course the fact that he could not get the item unbound...you know...to SELL IT.

No one is making that up.

The desire to brag about it ended up overriding his supposed later intention to sell it at the GTN. As such, what I said earlier is correct.

Wow. Your really stretching the boundaries of incredulity here. If it is really that important to you to find some way you can claim you were correct...than I will concede you are correct. And we can move on the important part of this back and forth...if there is one.

Also, weren't you the one you stated at one point that people shouldn't be judged, having in their supposed post history?

No, I dont think that was me. If I am mistaken, then I digress, but I'm pretty sure I never said that.

What I did say, in your defense was that you are entitled to your opinion. And I stand by that firmly.

Again, calm down. You're taking this way too personally it would seem. Let's try again...

His words, not mine. In the end, tough luck.

My previous answer should be clear enough. English is not my native language but even so, it sounds clear enough to me.

Now, let me say this since you feel I am overreacting here, and you seem to be claiming you did not intend to troll me...so I going to, yet again, give you the benefit of the doubt.

So, we will continue this way....

You say he is acting like he is entitled. Did anything that I said in this thread contradict or argue against that contention?

Edited by LordArtemis

If that is truly the case Darth then I will offer you my apology. I can't say I believe you though. Your behavior is suspect at best.

Could you at least try to explain what my supposed devious mind was trying to get at it?

I didn't describe his predicament. I will not justify my speech to you. If you do not understand the subtleties of speech, especially when one is attempting to avoid being provocative that is not my concern.

Last I checked, you employed the term "plight" to describe the situation he was in.

Trying to claim that I fail to understand the "subtleties of speech" over something as basic comes off as someone who's ego is massively overinflated.

Your not wrong about that Wicked. You are absolutely correct that chose to brag about it, and as a result bound the item to him.

This contradicts what you said earlier then.

But naturally that has nothing to do with my comment or your counter. I said he was upset because he wanted to sell the item, you said he was upset because he wanted to brag and bound the item to himself.

Both statements are accurate truth be told.

The subtlety is that his desire to brag about it overrode his desire to sell the mount, which inevitably lead to the OP consuming a digital item he did NOT want to.

Had he played it safe, he wouldn't have submitted himself to such... "plight".

I said, no, I think I'm right....and it turns out I was. That was the reason he was upset based on his own words....and of course the fact that he could not get the item unbound...you know...to SELL IT.

* See above *

Wow. Your really stretching the boundaries of incredulity here. If it is really that important to you to find some way you can claim you were correct...than I will concede you are correct. And we can move on the important part of this back and forth...if there is one.

Whatever rocks your cradle truth be told. I already stated my piece in this same post. In short, the OP had his priorities wrong it would seem and payed dearly for it.

No, I dont think that was me. If I am mistaken, then I digress, but I'm pretty sure I never said that.

What I did say, in your defense was that you are entitled to your opinion. And I stand by that firmly.

Saying that the OP believes himself to be entitled is an opinion.

Saying that OP messed up and got his priorities wrong is FACTUAL. It is also FACTUAL that the OP has failed(!!!) thus far to take responsibility for his actions.

Instead, he blames the game, Bioware, the CS and declares that SW got ruined for him.

Now, let me say this since you feel I am overreacting here, and you seem to be claiming you did not intend to troll me...so I going to, yet again, give you the benefit of the doubt.

So, we will continue this way....

You say he is acting like he is entitled. Did anything that I said in this thread contradict or argue against that contention?

As you said, I have an issue understanding the most basic subtleties of the english language.

Thus, I decline to further comment, elaborate or expand upon a subject I delved into previously, in such a thorough and detailed regard.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Even if it is in their power to do so they are NOT obligated to fix YOUR SCREW UP!! YOU are failing to understand THIS FACT!!

I don't know about your experiences, but in my experience dealing with customer service and being one myself, there is a human element. It's called sympathy.

Example: I went to Dairy Queen once, ordered a blizzard. As I went to pick up the blizzard, I accidentally dropped it on the floor in front of the countre. Now, I didn't ask for a replacement blizzard, in fact, the cashier immediately offered - before I could even say anything - to make a new one.

Point is, accidents happen - everyone makes mistakes, doesn't matter who you are - and good customer service reps will replace goods.

Could you at least try to explain what my supposed devious mind was trying to get at it?

Of course not. And youre silly to expect me to dignify that with a response.

Last I checked, you employed the term "plight" to describe the situation he was in.

Trying to claim that I fail to understand the "subtleties of speech" over something as basic comes off as someone who's ego is massively overinflated.

So now it's personal insults. If I insulted you, I apologize. That was not my intention.

It is not a "claim"...it is a DEFENSE.

Understand, you made an assumption, you were incorrect AGAIN and refuse to accept it. I understand this behavior and DO NOT apologize for pointing it out. But if doing so insulted you personally in some way I DO apologize for that.

This contradicts what you said earlier then.

No, it doesn't. That much should be obvious.

Both statements are accurate truth be told.

Truth be told they are not in reference to my statement that you countered.

The subtlety is that his desire to brag about it overrode his desire to sell the mount, which inevitably lead to the OP consuming a digital item he did NOT want to.

I don't understand why you keep repeating this. This is meaningless. You were wrong about MY STATEMENT, not his. Repeating his statement means NOTHING.

Had he played it safe, he wouldn't have submitted himself to such... "plight".

Again, meaningless. Your mistake was in assuming the meaning of my two posts to be something they were not. When corrected you became combative. Even after proof, which you can CLEARLY SEE yourself you still desperately cling to the ridiculous notion that you are a better authority on what my statements mean than I am.

Thus I decline to further comment, elaborate or expand upon a subject I delved into previously, in such a thorough and detailed regard.

Fair enough. Next time please leave me out of your back and forth game. I think the reason you should should now be obvious to you.

And, since you conceded this may in fact be a language barrier issue, I would advice caution in the future when assuming what a post means. It is probably best to ask the person that posted the comment.

Edited by LordArtemis

I don't know about your experiences, but in my experience dealing with customer service and being one myself, there is a human element. It's called sympathy.

Example: I went to Dairy Queen once, ordered a blizzard. As I went to pick up the blizzard, I accidentally dropped it on the floor in front of the countre. Now, I didn't ask for a replacement blizzard, in fact, the cashier immediately offered - before I could even say anything - to make a new one.

Point is, accidents happen - everyone makes mistakes, doesn't matter who you are - and good customer service reps will replace goods.

If it IS in their power to do so then again the CS rules for BW might say different seeing as this is a case of having no way to prove that he didn't use the item then turned around and tried to snake another out of CS by claiming it was a mistake.

Of course not. And your silly to expect me to dignify that with a response.

I only expected for you to come clean, after implying something that was nowhere related to this thread it would seem. Instead of coming out in the open, you decline.

It reflects poorly on you truth be told.

So now it's personal insults. If I insulted you, I apologize. That was not my intention.

I didn't insult you. I merely pointed out that your ego must be massively overinflated, assuming that you stand high and tall above other people in these forums, as far as subtleties of the english language are concerned.

Different things.

Understand, you made an assumption, you were incorrect AGAIN and refuse to accept it. I understand this behavior and DO NOT apologize for pointing it out.

It was not an assumption. You pointed out he was supposedly enduring a "plight".

I found the use of that term, given what the OP was going through, to be both silly and inappropriate. As such, I pointed out for what it was.

Simple.

No, it doesn't. That much should be obvious.

Again, you claimed that the OP wanted to sell the mount. This is true to an extent but first and foremost, he wanted to show if off in General Chat.

Thus, by discarding or ignoring what he said earlier, your earlier assessment would be wrong, if not at least grossly inaccurate.

Truth be told they are not in reference to my statement that you countered.

You claimed the OP wanted to sell the mount, while ignoring(!) or discarding(!!!) what he said in his OP. You can parade around all you want but it won't change that.

I don't understand why you keep repeating this. This is meaningless. You were wrong about MY STATEMENT, not his. Repeating his statement means NOTHING.

It both means and changes everything, as I pointed out already.

Your only issue is that you refuse to come across as being wrong, an issue I have no trouble with, as earlier demonstrated.

Again, meaningless. Your mistake was in assuming the meaning of my two posts to be something they were not. When corrected you became combative. Even after proof, which you can CLEARLY SEE yourself you still desperately cling to the ridiculous notion that you are a better authority on what my statements mean than I am.

Judging from this discussion from its earliest beginning, I'm not the one who was combative.

Fair enough. Next time please leave me out of your back and forth game. I think the reason you should should now be obvious to you.

Last I checked, you're free to ignore what I say altogether. I merely pointed out a flaw in your earlier statement, nothing more.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If it IS in their power to do so then again the CS rules for BW might say different seeing as this is a case of having no way to prove that he didn't use the item then turned around and tried to snake another out of CS by claiming it was a mistake.

As a database programmer, I am 95% certain resolving this issue would not end with giving him a brand new item whilst at the same time leaving it unlocked on the character that used it. With the databases I've worked in, it would be as easy as running a quick update statement and setting the flag that tells the client this character has this item to N. The 5% leeway is for the simple fact that I don't, nor do I claim, to know how they have the TOR database set up.

Edited by Kolai_Tak

It reflects poorly on you truth be told.

lol. I find that highly unlikely.

I didn't insult you. I merely pointed out that your ego must be massively overinflated, assuming that you stand high and tall above other people in these forums, as far as subtleties of the english language are concerned.

Different things.

That is an insult to me Darth.

It was not an assumption. You pointed out he was supposedly enduring a "plight".

No I didn't. This is really getting silly now.

I found the use of that term, given what the OP was going through, to be both silly and inappropriate. As such, I pointed out for what it was.

Simple.

Well, good for you. I think I will let other folks judge whether or not that was a foolish choice.

Again, you claimed that the OP wanted to sell the mount. This is true to an extent but first and foremost, he wanted to show if off in General Chat.

Thus, by discarding or ignoring what he said earlier, your earlier assessment would be wrong, if not at least grossly inaccurate.

....to an extent? It was the fourth post in the thread Darth. The FOURTH POST, before you "corrected" me. It was only 2 posts above yours.

You want me to believe that you had no idea that this guy was angry he couldn't sell the mount. I would think that much was obvious to ANYONE that read the first post, never mind the FOURTH ONE.

Again, I will let the members decide. I don't think you have much of a limb to stand on here Darth. Your mistake is painfully obvious to anyone that can read it for themselves.

You claimed the OP wanted to sell the mount, while ignoring(!) or discarding(!!!) what he said in his OP.

No, I didn't. Prove it.

You can parade around all you want but it won't change that.

I don't have to change it. It didn't happen. And I don't think one can describe what I'm doing as "parading", more so correcting your obvious mistake.

It both means and changes everything, as I pointed out already.

No it does not.

Your only issue is that you refuse to come across - or even acknowledge - as being wrong, an issue I have no trouble with, as earlier demonstrated.

That is, in fact, your issue. My issue is that I was mistaken in thinking you are a forum member with which I can hold discussions. What you have proven here with your toxic behavior is that is not the case.

And that is disappointing...apart from your recent disappointing behavior you did make some interesting posts in the past. I don't know whats going on with you lately, but I miss the person you used to be.

Judging from this discussion from its earliest beginning, I'm not the one who was combative.

I think I will leave that judgement to the community.

Last I checked, you're free to ignore what I say altogether. I merely pointed out a flaw in your earlier statement, nothing more.

And last I checked you had the ability to reason. It seems to be lost on you as of late. You did not point out any flaws except in your own misguided logic and arrogance in thinking you can define what I mean when I say what I say.

And that is truly a shame.

Edited by LordArtemis

As a database programmer, I am 95% certain resolving this issue would not end with giving him a brand new item whilst at the same time leaving it unlocked on the character that used it. With the databases I've worked in, it would be as easy as running a quick update statement and setting the flag that tells the client this character has this item to N. The 5% leeway is for the simple fact that I don't, nor do I claim, to know how they have the TOR database set up.

The 'unlocked in collections' is the part that makes it much trickier. And likely they don't have the ability to undo an unlock in collections - hence the denial.

Edited by hadoken

You are right there is a human element to CS. When you treat CS with respect you tend to get them to be more helpful. I having a feeling the OP wasn't respectful to CS. Looking at his replies in this thread he mostly likely came off as self entitled ********.

You are right there is a human element to CS. When you treat CS with respect you tend to get them to be more helpful. I having a feeling the OP wasn't respectful to CS. Looking at his replies in this thread he mostly likely came off as self entitled ********.

Based on the OPs replies to this thread, the only logical conclusion that can be made - based on evidence given - is that his current state of anger/rage/"entitlement" is a direct result of his experience with the CS rep. In times that I've talked with CS reps over the phone - more than half the time they are already [insert negative emotion here] and are unwilling to work with end users due to all the calls they have already dealt with throughout the day that treated them poorly or disrespected them in some way. Best time to call in to customer service is between early and mid morning, that way they haven't dealt with too many of those self-entitled people in their day and they've had enough time to drink some coffee and wake up.

On that note, I would never send in a ticket - as that could be the case here - because

1. You don't know the state of mind of the rep that will answer you.

- thus you can't try to brighten their day.

2. It's a whole lot more difficult to genuinely put your case forward and not come off as entitled.

- tone tells no lies!

Edited by Kolai_Tak

yeah they have helped me before, there was a bug in my class quest convo that would not let me progress for 2 weeks up until finally I just asked the customer service rep to do the conversation for me, they did, I was able to continue uninhibited, and they have me a free 2 weeks to my sub for my inconvenience, they do care.

but sometimes things like this are out of their control. For example as one person said the item still unlocked in collections, and I have never seen any case on the forums either where an item or ability was unbound or reversed, the most I have seen is recovery of an accidently destroyed item, and thats only if someones lucky because you got to act fast when that happens. Not saying they can't do it but I have never known a case where they have done so.

yeah they have helped me before, there was a bug in my class quest convo that would not let me progress for 2 weeks up until finally I just asked the customer service rep to do the conversation for me, they did, I was able to continue uninhibited, and they have me a free 2 weeks to my sub for my inconvenience, they do care.

but sometimes things like this are out of their control. For example as one person said the item still unlocked in collections, and I have never seen any case on the forums either where an item or ability was unbound or reversed, the most I have seen is recovery of an accidently destroyed item, and thats only if someones lucky because you got to act fast when that happens. Not saying they can't do it but I have never known a case where they have done so.

For what is worth, I have had items that were restored to me, months after I sold(!!!) them. In one case though, I had this one item that I sold 48hs prior by accident and the CS wasn't able to restore it to me.

From his - or was it her? - answer at the time, it seemed sincere. Go figure how that works.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

For what is worth, I have had items that were restored to me, months after I sold(!!!) them. In one case though, I had this one item that I sold 48hs prior by accident and the CS wasn't able to restore it to me.

From his - or was it her? - answer at the time, it seemed sincere. Go figure how that works.

wow really! I always read that they had to act quickly before data like that eventually got erased. go figure but thats like incredible, I guess it just depends on some circumstances sometimes

Edited by Sangrar