lag problems in pvp

Zizia

hey guys i was hoping you could help me out with a problem i have with pvp lag.. my internet is great, lacency ingame says its about 80ms. here is my computer specs, its a brand new laptop as well so not much memory is taken up.

processor- AMD E-450 APU with radeon HD graphics 1.65GHz

RAM-4GB

OS-windows 7 64 bit

graphics card- AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics

any help woud be much appreciated, thanks

Yes, the lag in PvP is very annoying

It's a gamebreaking issue that needs to be addressed immediately (should have been fixed a long time ago, actually)

The game already isn't very fluid, or responsive, and this just makes it 10 times worse

Ignore the people that tell you to buy a new computer (i have 14 GTX 990s and i run game!!); this is effecting everyone

I'm experiencing this also, and my internet/computer is decent.

The annoying thing is, I have guildies tell me its fine for them. Now either they have no idea what lag and responsive problems are, or not everyone is suffering from it.

It can be as small as a 0.5 second delay on a skill, but for me thats game breaking for PvP.

The PVP is one of the worst I’ve ever played clearly Bioware are inexperienced in this area why launch a game of such low quality I get better FPS on max settings playing BF3.

Overall the game runs ok but not very well considering the low quality of the graphics I thought the whole point of the simplistic graphics for to it run silky smooth at the moment it’s an ugly choppy mess. I`m running it a new Alien Ware rig which was top of the line 2 months ago which cost me over £2000. The bottom line is in 2011 this is totally unacceptable they had plenty of time to resolve the issues but rushed the game out instead. The quality of PVP would be my only reason to play and this looks like its probally a good year away from being up to standard.

English Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB Cache) Overclocked up to 3.9Ghz

Dual 1GB AMD Radeon™ HD 6870 CrossfireX™

8192MB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Quad Channel

1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7200RPM) 32MB Cache

This can`t run PVP at more than 12fps they have huge issues.

Edited by convictionx

I have next to zero lag in warzones as I listen to guildies telling me people are lagging out all over the place. They also see the same thing which is funny. They might jump into the pit after a guy who actually didn't land in the pit...

Anyway, so no lag here.

• 2 weeks later...
Ya it is really frustrating when I can play this game at max settings and really enjoy the atmosphere Bioware has painted and then I hit Pvp and cant even keep my screen on an enemy. I feel your pain for sure Edited by jointmnoymp

I was very excited for this game to come out. I dont really care about dungeons and leveling. i just love pvp on mmo's. But unfortunately on this game the pvp is SUPER laggy. It makes me wana quit playing this game and wait for a year until they solve the issue. Every game that i play (wow, skyrim, the witch) rarly lag, and when they do its only for a second. But on SWTOR the highest amount of FPS i get in pvp is 10. No matter what i changed in my graphics settings. The leveling at dungeons are perfectly fine, but pvp is horrible.... PELASE FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

I'm really enjoying the game so far, but the lag and general sluggishness in pvp are are a massive problem. Pvp is one of my favorite aspects of an MMORPG, but the warzones i've played in so far are extremely frustrating. If not resolved soon I will probably cancel my account.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a long shot and still shouldn't effect some of these well built computers. But I have a brand new computer(Intel i5-2500K, Radeon 6970, 16 GB RAM) that has been having no problems running it. I was getting 50-60 fps at Imperial Fleet during peak hours, 40-60 fps in warzones, which I considered good after reading what some of you are getting. I was doing all of this on a decent, but 5 year old 19" Dell monitor(running 1280x1024 resolution).

5 days ago, I bought a brand new 23" LG LED monitor. Now that I run the native 1920x1080 resolution, I noticed a huge drop in fps. At fleet now, I get maybe 20-30 at peak, and warzones the last few days have been between 15-30 fps mostly. I can understand a drop in fps from getting a monitor that takes more resources to output an image ,but it was a pretty significant drop. Now I feel what everyone else is feeling.

Maybe my ISP has been having a rough week because it does seem pretty strange. I'm going to run a test tomorrow and compare fps on both monitors over the whole day. I'm sure this isn't a good solution for everyone, but that is the only reason I've noticed my fps dropping to the point where I almost can't play, especially PvP. If any of you have old monitors that aren't up to par to today's standards, give them a try and see what happens. I know the picture won't be as good, but if it solves your the fps issue for now, that can't hurt

Edited by SoBlue

• 2 weeks later...
/Bump

I guess the idea is to bring graphic settings waaay down to be able to PVP in this game??

Doesnt work.

This is a serious issue and im starting to think BW just doesnt have a solution.

Also to clarify: when i talk about pvp lag (i didnt say warzone lag because i actually experienced similar issues in open world pvp) i am not talking about a slight delay in abilities. Im talking a crippling screen freezing mess that can last up to 30 seconds and usually ends with me dead.

Wz starts i run out everything seems fine until i get anywhere near opposing faction players. Suddenly im stuck running in place. I try to swing my lightsaber and get this super *********** irritatingly frustrating half-swing.

Even worse, this is clearly only affecting some players. So we end up either looking like ******* with crappy rigs or bad players trying to lie about lag to cover up how bad we are. Not that i really carw what others think...but i am now a liability to any team im on. **** passing the ball to me. I tell them not to. Or i did. Now i just dont play.

Bugged and broken game is just that.

on my marauder this is killing:

Deathly trow

I use deathly trow but it doesn't trigger, i am in range and the target is in front of me. It happens a lot!

Ravage

I use ravage, the target gets immobilized but when i am finished with the skill the target isn't in front of me anymore but behind me or on my left or right sometimes even out of range!

Force charge

When i use force charge it happens allot that i am landing where the target was ages ago!

Interrupt

Interrupts need to be INSTANT and need to be very very accurate, it simply isn't, it triggers late or not at all!

Assault, force scream and pretty much all the abilities

It often happens when i press assault rapidly it triggers the animation over and over without actually attacking!

Smash

Brrrrrr, if i use it between a group of ppl, you have to stand still and pray it triggers, the animation is way to long and often when i trigger it and try to start another ability during the animation it cancels the smash and starts with the other.. maybe an "as designed" but it supposed to be an instant cast not a channeled one!

And the last one:

Cloak of pain:

Often when i use it it goes on CD but if i look again it dint trigger at all! I don't know if the CD has been reset but i don't have any ways of resetting it!\

---------------------------

Stats:

40 to 50 mils delay

70 to 85 FPS

Edited by TheRelic