Please add a "sound in background" option.

fluxdadaone

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Git R DUN already!~

Tired of missing WZ Q's when I'm tabbed out. Nothing to do but wait, and late at night theres alot of that.

This, seriously. At least make this option available via a setting in a config file, please.

I'm shocked by the support for this. I had no idea that people actually tab out with some kind of frequency. Personally, tabbing out is an adventure for me. It takes about a minute and a half for the window to actually minimise and then another four minutes for me to open the window back up. I'm sure that's not the case for people with computers that aren't garbage, but I see very little reason to tab out so much that it becomes a concern.

Nonetheless, I don't see why it can't be added.

/signed

I use two monitors, and would like to listen to dialogue while I surf the web and such. It drives me absolutely bonkers that the sound cuts out as soon as the game loses focus.

I'm shocked by the support for this. I had no idea that people actually tab out with some kind of frequency. Personally, tabbing out is an adventure for me. It takes about a minute and a half for the window to actually minimise and then another four minutes for me to open the window back up. I'm sure that's not the case for people with computers that aren't garbage, but I see very little reason to tab out so much that it becomes a concern.

I have 2 monitors, and play in fullscreen windowed mode.

So when i click my browser or whatever on my second screen the SWTOR screen is still up and running on the main screen, just with no sound.

The game only minimises if you play full screen (not-windowed) and alt-tab.

I'm guessing most of the other people who want this are doing something similar to me.

So

/signed

YES Please! I WANT! :)

When you have a Core 2 Quad Q9650 running a Windows 7 kernel on 16GB of RAM, Radeon 6970, and full screen windowed mode like I do, you're able to multitask a lot more, and your productivity goes way up. Your brain will run a million times faster with all these thoughts flooding your head because of all the things you can do, all the things you want to do, and all the things stimulating your mind simultaneously. Idle time slowly becomes an annoyance, and you're alerted that you might be wasting time when you could otherwise be doing something productive instead of just sitting there.

...anyway...back to original topic... /signed

/signed

I don't remember this behavior in Beta.

Indeed they only changed it to current behaviour in the final pre-launch beta weekend (I played that one and the big stress test one the weekend before, and the latter had sound in background).

Another weekly Q&A is up, I've posted about this issue in it. If there's any chance they base A'd Qs on how many posts something had, well, you know what to do.

When you have a Core 2 Quad Q9650 running a Windows 7 kernel on 16GB of RAM, Radeon 6970, and full screen windowed mode like I do, you're able to multitask a lot more...

i got an adhd, i wont focus on 1 screen only, i got 3 of em, and in windowed mode it works just fine. When you dont focus on 1 thing on 1 screen, while i play the game i can also monitor my facebook, and messenger at same time.

Trouble is, when something important happens in the game, i wont receve the important sound that notifies me of this from the game, bringing my focus back to the second monitor the game is running.

Hey everyone!

Terrific news for anyone wanting sound in the background. Today's patch notes for the Public Test Server include the following under UI:

General
  • An option to continue playing sounds when the game loses focus (via alt-tab, etc) has been added.

The PTS is available for anyone with a current subscription to play. To know how to join up on the PTS, please see this sticky for instructions. As a reminder, to keep up on the latest news, be sure to check in on the Developer Tracker and Community Blog!

Hope that helps!

Edited by Yvin

Hey everyone!

Terrific news for anyone wanting sound in the background. Today's patch notes for the Public Test Server include the following under UI:

The PTS is available for anyone with a current subscription to play. To know how to join up on the PTS, please see this sticky for instructions. As a reminder, to keep up on the latest news, be sure to check in on the Developer Tracker and Community Blog!

Hope that helps!

Oh bless you kind sir! Bless you!

Rejoice people! It have ariveth! Or will arriveth!

Edited by Bikinisunday

The fact that we don't have quest text makes it incredibly frustrating to be forced to keep the SWTOR window as focus just to get a quest. I'm often sending a tweet or quickly checking an email between questing or while on a taxi.

This is what your phone is for.