Should Bind on Pickup be removed (or changed)?

Khevar

There's a reason things aren't bind on legacy. Much of gameplay is gathering gear for a character. If you don't have to gear them. it removes the reward from the gameplay for that character. and narrows the need for playing content to a simple level grind.

nothing stops a guild from carrying a brand new 55 through a bunch of hm ops to gear them up in a day or 2..happens all the time

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you've gotten damn lucky I can't go into a Heroic, FP, or OP without one person trying to need roll on everything. :(

I was on a dk team on my 55 sorc killing the WB last week. a level 31 that had gotten on the team needed on everything and was proud to tell the lvl 12's it was intended for that he was a ninja. I did get most of them to add him to their ignore list. too bad bw devs cant make a global ignore list.

As it works now you can just do dailies and get anything you need, so they wouldn't be hampered. Not so if suddenly everything costs in the millions, even the basic stuff. Sure, the rest of the players would have more than enough to afford that stuff, but a new player wouldn't.

You're just wrong on this. The effect would not be that big. Yes, now there are some players with many many millions of credits. They are the vast minority. The rich will still be rich and the poor will still be poor.

And, again, if they want to be in that club, there are ways of getting there pretty quickly. It's on them to decide how they want to play it.

The same line of reasoning and freedom of speech that grants them the right to claim for such feature or change is EXACTLY the same that gives me the right to disagree.

Don't try to restrict my freedom of speech, by claiming to uphold and defend the one you supposedly crave for others, when it serves your interests.

Especially when you didn't exactly bring to the table a counter-argument of sorts, as to WHY I'm wrong.

Freedom of speech? Really, you're going there?

Ok, time to back away from the keyboard and go outside, you need a break from this if you're taking it there.

You keep making this claim, that the people who want BOL gear to be ubiquitous and the norm (and do away with Bound) would also be those whining about no end-game content. What is the purpose of making this comparison? This is a strawman argument.

Yea, but he is now on my troll list, he keeps making such statements and overrunning the conversation with them.

Just ignore him and move on, he isn't adding anything to the conversation.

Ok, time to back away from the keyboard and go outside, you need a break from this if you're taking it there.

You're the one who took it there last I checked.

On another note, I suggest you take your own advice, since none was asked.

What's wrong with reasoning for why someone is allowed to disagree with another?

Are you really going to put him on ignore for that?

Sounds like you're the one who needs to step back from the keyboard.

What's wrong with reasoning for why someone is allowed to disagree with another?

When people run of arguments...

Yea, but he is now on my troll list, he keeps making such statements and overrunning the conversation with them.

Just ignore him and move on, he isn't adding anything to the conversation.

These words usually crop up.

It's ironic because said user didn't delve into the subject a SINGLE time in this thread I believe.

And the Entitlement Consensus Continues :confused:

Wow, you think that is being entitled?

Because I want to have FUN when I play a GAME? That I PAY for?

Well how about I don't play it and go do something else then? How about we all do that and the game can go away and you'll be happy then?

Really? Not everything is entitlement, get over that...

I think it should be removed and I think that this would be the perfect replacement.

I assumed BoP was meant to prevent me from selling items to players who hadn't earned them...not to prevent me from using something I earned.

Really?

What part of BIND ON PICKUP is so difficult to understand? What part of BOUND TO CHARACTER is so difficult to understand? Why have a separate category of bound to legacy if bound to character meant only that you could not sell or trade something to other characters?

Wow, you think that is being entitled?

Because I want to have FUN when I play a GAME? That I PAY for?

Well how about I don't play it and go do something else then? How about we all do that and the game can go away and you'll be happy then?

Really? Not everything is entitlement, get over that...

Much of it is "entitlement" no matter how much those members of the "entitled, have to have it now and for as little effort and cost as possible" crowd would like to deny that.

Not at all true. The people that have 22 toons would probably argue that 99% of the gameplay on ANY character is getting them to 55. Gearing is already completed using Legacy gear. This would merely be a QoL change for most players.

Would you be happy if they implemented a way to convert empty orange shells from bound to character to bound to legacy? That would allow much more flexibility in character appearance, while still maintaining the bound to character status of items like earpieces, relics and implants.

Allowing only empty orange shells to be converted would also remain consistent with all the other legacy gear, as legacy gear is just an empty orange when purchased.

Much of it is "entitlement" no matter how much those members of the "entitled, have to have it now and for as little effort and cost as possible" crowd would like to deny that.

Fact is, the game as it is is what we subs all payed for, and we are not entitled to anything more.

Now, if BW wants to offer us more as an incentive to keep subscribing, BW is entitled to do that.

it is, after all, their game, and it is their jobs that are on the line.

And as incentive go, I'd prefer they offer me new content instead of (IMO) wasting time revamping a Binding system that already works well enough. But a convert-empty-shell-to-BoL token I could buy or earn would not be unappreciated.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Would you be happy if they implemented a way to convert empty orange shells from bound to character to bound to legacy? That would allow much more flexibility in character appearance, while still maintaining the bound to character status of items like earpieces, relics and implants.

Allowing only empty orange shells to be converted would also remain consistent with all the other legacy gear, as legacy gear is just an empty orange when purchased.

Would be entirely satisfied. I would like to play dressup, but have the flexibility that BOL provides.

Fact is, the game as it is is what we subs all payed for, and we are not entitled to anything more.

Now, if BW wants to offer us more as an incentive to keep subscribing, BW is entitled to do that.

And as incentive go, I'd prefer they offer me new content instead of (IMO) wasting time revamping a Binding system that already works well enough. But a convert-empty-shell-to-BoL token I could buy or earn would not be unappreciated.

* thumbs up *

I agree with you on all these points.

Yes, yes I am... and have... he can feel like a special snowflake, for he is the first one on that list. :)

He is welcome to not use them all he likes, where it becomes a problem is when he wants it to be work for everyone else. He isn't for freedom anything, he is for taking away freedom and choice.

I'm happy for him to play the game his way, but he further doesn't want me to play it the way I want to. It is a rude and condescending attitude, one that I've seen from him in many posts on many topics.

It wasn't the first time, but for me it was the last. And life moves on...

Yes, yes I am... and have... he can feel like a special snowflake, for he is the first one on that list. :)

He is welcome to not use them all he likes, where it becomes a problem is when he wants it to be work for everyone else. He isn't for freedom anything, he is for taking away freedom and choice.

I'm happy for him to play the game his way, but he further doesn't want me to play it the way I want to. It is a rude and condescending attitude, one that I've seen from him in many posts on many topics.

It wasn't the first time, but for me it was the last. And life moves on...

But by ignoring him you are taking away his freedom to have a conversation with you. That makes you no better and makes you look even less than him, because it shows you as someone who can't handle someone else's opinion that's different from you.

But by ignoring him you are taking away his freedom to have a conversation with you. That makes you no better and makes you look even less than him, because it shows you as someone who can't handle someone else's opinion that's different from you.

Uh what, by ignoring him he is exercising his freedom to NOT have a conversation with him. He is under no obligation to have a conversation with someone. Particularly since Darth Wicked isn't particularly open to alternative positions nor actually engaging logically. It's tedious.

Uh what, by ignoring him he is exercising his freedom to NOT have a conversation with him. He is under no obligation to have a conversation with someone. Particularly since Darth Wicked isn't particularly open to alternative positions nor actually engaging logically. It's tedious.

He actually is, I can vouch for him since he's been here on the forums for a long time and he has engaged in plenty of discussions with different viewpoints and we've all gotten along just fine.

He's being put on ignore because he had to defend why he has the right disagree and the other user took it as a personal attack.

That's just silly...

You wanna keep a credit sink? Allow BoP items to be mailed through the legacy (but not stored in the legacy bank), and the mailing cost for these items is significantly higher depending on augments and the rating of the piece, as well as the kind of piece as well(e.g. 50k for an augmented Dread Forged chestpiece, 40k for a belt, ect...)

And I'm the one accused of being a "troll"...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7542614&postcount=108

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7542676&postcount=116

Is it clear I am not opened to alternative positions. At all. :rolleyes:

He actually is, I can vouch for him since he's been here on the forums for a long time and he has engaged in plenty of discussions with different viewpoints and we've all gotten along just fine.

He's being put on ignore because he had to defend why he has the right disagree and the other user took it as a personal attack.

That's just silly...

My Silly Wrath... Standing by his Emperor... I'm touched. :o

* hugs Silly Wrath *

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Sorry to be the odd man out for this whole conversation, and I am sorry if someone has already made this point, but both sides are wrong in some way on this issue!

For the side that wants to make Bind on pickup gear into bind to legacy: Grinding out content is important, because it keeps you invested in the game, it may be a gimmick and a bit artificial content, but it does keep us all busy and for the most part very entertained! :D

Now for the crowed that thinks making bind on pickup gear into bind to legacy will ruin the game because it will eliminate the need to grind out more the one character: We already have this system!!!! My main character is a 55 mercenary and I just finished leveling a 55 commando not too long ago and I will be sharing an armor set for both of them. The only main issue with our current system, that I and I believe the rest of the people who want to see a change happen is that I will not have the luxury or looking exactly the way I want if I do not want to end up spending a butt load of credits!

In other words, I cannot use some of the really cool armor sets that come from the cartel market, or the cartel packs because those armor sets are not bind to legacy, and i do not want to spend the butt loads of credit it would take to rip mods out each time i wanted to switch from one character to the next, in order from me to use those really cool armor sets from the cartel market.

So i do believe, selling a conversion kit that switches Bind on pickup items to binds to legacy (for a fee) is an excellent idea, so long as it is only able to be used on orange moddable gear. Thank you, that is all.

It's to make it necessary to play all your characters, not just level one and have them outfit the others. Legacy gear has eased that, but the removal of bind on pick up would take that out of the equation altogether

Your logic is flawed because BoP actually forces me to mainly play one character... my main.

For instance I won't run a NiM on an alt because I don't want a vehicle to drop there that my main won't be able to use (I already have a few vehicles on some alts and am already frustrated enough that I can't send them to my main). The change from BoP to BoL would actually entice me to use my alts for all the content way more often.

Edited by demotivator