Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

Not to mention the bulk of my force, the TIE/D, are only 6m long, and not too tall. Add to the fact that they can execute maneuvers that would outright KILL any organic pilot, and that they are being controlled in groups of 4 by Shadow droids via the droid version of hive mind *extremely fast network between each other that allows them to act in tandem.* and the Vong indeed do have a targeting problem. If the Shadow droids are destroyed, they likely would revert to their previous programming.

As Tune mentioned, the dovan basals on the larger ships also act as gravity field distorters. Which mean that those fancy maneuvers will be impossible for anyone near the larger vessels. It slows down the fighters and cuases them to be caught within the gravity feild, leaving them easy pickings for the yaret-kors.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Swivel Capabilities: Just something that came time mind, how well can Yaret-Kor's maneuver to hit small targets, they don't look like they can at all and apparently aren't designed for anti-starfighter defense - having a slow rate of fire.

The point here is that while the Vong vessels are powerful, if fighters manage to get in close they are vulnerable.

I think AiR has the fighter battle locked town. But, if IDD fighters do get close to the larger ships, they'll be ineffective at doing anything. TIE/D have two light laser cannons that would do absolutely nothing if they even hit the ship and aren't swallowed by dovan basals. Shadow Droids and Skiprays have plenty of missiles, but dovan basals will take care of those too.

Edited by Warren-Stride

The issue with this is that the yaret-kors on the capital ships basically fire this molten rock in constant streams. So a point-defense turret might stop an attack from a coralskipper, but it'll prove futile against the constant stream of large projectiles.

Also, weren't the point-defense dealing with fighters? Can't do both at once and be effective at either.

And, again, when the Vong open fire, the IDD will be expecting turbolasers. They'll have no idea that the molten rock is actually molten rock until it's ripping through their shields. And by then, you can try as you will to stop them, but adapting so quickly in the heat of battle isn't easy.

I am pretty sure that they will notice that what is being thrown at them is physical matter, instead of the energy from turbolasers they are used to. They would react to it as if it was a missile. As for the dealing with fighters, yes, but considering that just on the vindicators alone I have more point defense weaponry than you do dart ships...I think they will be just fine. I do wonder how the Corralskippers will like the Shadow Droids? :D phew! phew!

Edit: I am of the opinion that I have the Fighter battle completely locked down. Due to what I have already brought up for them, and not to mention the fact I have strong anti fighter unlike your own fleet with the tartan corvettes which will help with dense concentrations of enemy star fighters.

Edited by Silenceo

Noted, though, it does give the IDD more time to evac some of the uppercity as they fortify it and head down to patrol the lower city. Though, evacing the lower city would be after the fighting had started, and would not be viable until after the rakghoul plague cure was fully produced. Given that, there is no doubt there will be quite a few infectee's before they can be evaced.

If the Uppercity is being evacuated, I see no reason why AiR would not release Project I71A to cause utter panic. Good luck evacuating people when there's an airborne zombie virus going around.

Edited by Warren-Stride

If the Uppercity is being evacuated, I see no reason why AiR would not release Project I71A to cause utter panic. Good luck evacuating people when there's an airborne zombie virus going around.

This is the Empire we are talking about. Those who are even hinted at being infected, will be immediately exterminated.

This is the Empire we are talking about. Those who are even hinted at being infected, will be immediately exterminated.

Which significantly decreases the number of people you actually evacuate AND makes it so that you'll have to fight off the exact people you were trying to save. Who are now undead zombies that are extremely hard to kill.

Edit: I am of the opinion that I have the Fighter battle completely locked down. Due to what I have already brought up for them, and not to mention the fact I have strong anti fighter unlike your own fleet with the tartan corvettes which will help with dense concentrations of enemy star fighters.

The fighters for AiR won't be attacking the big vessels, they'll be fighting your fighters. And those Tartans will be obliterated by one hit from a yaret-kor. When a plasma rock the same size as that ship goes flying at it, it'll be a goner.

The fighters for AiR won't be attacking the big vessels, they'll be fighting your fighters. And those Tartans will be obliterated by one hit from a yaret-kor. When a plasma rock the same size as that ship goes flying at it, it'll be a goner.

My own fighters only go after your larger vessels once the fighter battle is won, as I had already out lined. Which, due to the dart ships, and the tartans at the edges of the skirmish, would fair quite handily in my favor. As for the Yaret-kor shooting at the Tartans, did some one not mention their limited swivel ability? Tartans are known for keeping pace with enemy fighters, I am sure they can evade a few attacks. It is not like they are at point blank, they would be fairly used to evade fire from enemy capital ships.

Edit: I kinda figured that any of the plagues would take severe time to impliment? Though, I do wonder about the Imperial Biological Weapons Division and how THEY feel about fighting AGAINST their own Empire... And helping people terrorize its citizens. I smell a .... *sniff* defection... :jawa_evil:

Also, I was under the impression that the zombies could not be controlled even by their creators, meaning that you would have to deal with them as well. It is hard to use joining powers on the deceased... They are not Geonosian mind bugs...

Edited by Silenceo

My own fighters only go after your larger vessels once the fighter battle is won, as I had already out lined. Which, due to the dart ships, and the tartans at the edges of the skirmish, would fair quite handily in my favor.

I'm not sure why dartships work to your advantage here. Tartans can blast it as much as they want, but as long as the dartship flies into the Tartan and explodes with the all sorts of explosives inside it, the Tartan's out of commission.

I'm not sure why dartships work to your advantage here. Tartans can blast it as much as they want, but as long as the dartship flies into the Tartan and explodes with the all sorts of explosives inside it, the Tartan's out of commission.

Because, it is like literally having a missile take up a chunk of your fighter compliment.

Edit: And usually multiple missiles are carried by singular fighters/bombers...So there is that...

Edited by Silenceo

Edit: I kinda figured that any of the plagues would take severe time to impliment? Though, I do wonder about the Imperial Biological Weapons Division and how THEY feel about fighting AGAINST their own Empire... And helping people terrorize its citizens. I smell a .... *sniff* defection... :jawa_evil:

Also, I was under the impression that the zombies could not be controlled even by their creators, meaning that you would have to deal with them as well. It is hard to use joining powers on the deceased... They are not Geonosian mind bugs...

Time is not an issue for the rakghoul plague or I71A. Both, if transmitted through bite, are almost instantaneous. And it's a domino effect. One person is infected. Then two. Then four. Then sixteen. And so forth.

The Imperial Biological Weapons Division is helping its own Empire. They are serving a Sith, as they always have. They have two Imperial scientists, both of which worked under Sith before. And why would a Biological Weapons Division have qualms about morals? It literally exists so that their Empire can use this sort of thing against its enemies. That defection... makes no sense.

The zombies are independent, yes. But if the zombies are infecting the Uppercity and the rakghouls are infecting the Undercity, the IDD will have to fight through both horde to get to AiR.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Because, it is like literally having a missile take up a chunk of your fighter compliment.

Edit: And usually multiple missiles are carried by singular fighters/bombers...So there is that...

But these missiles are MUCH more powerful than any capable of being carried. Not only do they cause explosions like those seen on the Executor with complete disregard for shields, but the explosives inside increase the damage this causes exponentially.

Noting, also, that these 'missiles' are piloted. So they are MUCH more difficult to take down with point-defense.

Not to mention I dont know if what you suggest should even be possible, the Tartans were designed to destroy fighters. Flying one straight at it suggests those ships would disintigrated in droves long before a Dart ship hit a Tartan....

As for the other question thrown to me.... well I will need to dig, but I am sure I can find the point in times and what I am talking about with the vong ships.

Besides my basic point is we should analyze them as the equivlants of the ships they were the analog for IE something that was similar in design and use, for the Vong.... (the miid ro'ik warship was a Yuuzhan Vong bio-engineered capital starship and the rough analog to an Imperial-class Star Destroyer.) ( For the A-vek: Each of these projections was used to carry up to 144 coralskippers, 4 Yuuzhan Vong wings of 36 fighters each, the equivalent compliment of a New Republic Endurance-class fleet carrier.) And it is noted that they were not used as much for ship to ship combat... again similar to the Endurance...

So when talking in terms of overall firepower and toughness, using the analog ships (IE ships similar in design and use) was the perfect way to assess them. The Vong beat an uprepared New Republic and Imperial Remnant.... yes, BUT it was by no means a curb stomp. I can dig, but it was known that the Vong suffered massive cassualties, but their vastly superior numbers allowed them to mostly through tactics out the window and they attacked in swarms, again I can find proof of this on Wookie itself, just need time to dig. If you REALLY want me to then I will do so... but I feel we need others to get everything out of their system on other things first.

That being said I honestly DO NOT KNOW.... how the IDD ships would fair against the Analog's of the Vong ships to begin with..... Especially when the Analog of the Legacy of Torment is the Banned SSD's Such as Executor and ships such as the Viscount.

Edited by tunewalker

Um, Warren, you can debate the ships all you want, but really, do you need to? Not when you can send infected boarding parties to other ships...

Oh, and no I haven't read Red Harvest (I've been meaning to, but haven't had time) but I found some good quotes that show how the zombies operate (all zombies are different).

But these missiles are MUCH more powerful than any capable of being carried. Not only do they cause explosions like those seen on the Executor with complete disregard for shields, but the explosives inside increase the damage this causes exponentially.

Noting, also, that these 'missiles' are piloted. So they are MUCH more difficult to take down with point-defense.

Not neccisarily disregarding shields.....

2:48-2:50 we see a fighter explode on the shields no lasting damage done to Capital ship.... the reason the executor worked was 6:20-6:50 Edited by tunewalker

Um, Warren, you can debate the ships all you want, but really, do you need to? Not when you can send infected boarding parties to other ships...

Apparently the point-defense turrets prevent that. :rolleyes:

But the Vengeance is free of such weapons. A boarding party on that ship to take control of it would be interesting.

I'm heading out for the afternoon! *waves*

Apparently the point-defense turrets prevent that. :rolleyes:

But the Vengeance is free of such weapons. A boarding party on that ship to take control of it would be interesting.

I'm heading out for the afternoon! *waves*

Boarding party.... boards to find droids... I dont know how "infectious" one would be, nor do I know how you are going to board.... its not like you have gunships, you would bassically be using unarmed shuttle craft to board.

(also Point defense guns, do only so much damage with a gunship some one can take a few hits of that and still make it on board, that was the point of boarding ships like that.)

Edited by tunewalker

I'd like to point out that the Legacy only has 120 guns. It's really big but fairly lightly armed.

The guns are BIGGER the BIGGER the ship... think of each of those guns as SUPER GUNS...... like each 1 is worth 200 Turbo lasers.... because truthfully thats accurate. The Legacy Matched the firepower and toughness of an Executor.

You know this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought

Edit: had at least 100 times more firepower than an Imperial-class destroyer.[2]

That thing solo's fleets... potentially more then 1 persons fleet all on its own.

Edit 2: Warren I may be harsh on your space forces right now, but when we get to ground I may be helping you just so you know, I dont like the idea of "invicible do to some one not knowing it" I never have, at one point it was unknown to all and people can adapt, further more something being "invicible" especially when it lost...... is laughable SEE DARK TROOPERS.... (Phrik armor near indistructable..... but they lost :p)

Edited by tunewalker

4. Concerning complaints about the Vong....

Well congratulations Beni, you've officially stooped to Ant's level, your mother would be so proud.

Also, Aurbere's a god compared to you when it comes to Post-NJO, If he warns you of something you'd be wise to actually listen. Though it's too late now, let it be on your head.

Also, ruined our fun >.> I wanted to face Aurbere god damnit, you wouldn't let us fight last Kaggath either :(

Boarding party.... boards to find droids... I dont know how "infectious" one would be, nor do I know how you are going to board.... its not like you have gunships, you would bassically be using unarmed shuttle craft to board.

(also Point defense guns, do only so much damage with a gunship some one can take a few hits of that and still make it on board, that was the point of boarding ships like that.)

Considering the IDD's naval officers are the Empire, it would prove quite infectious. Not only that, but only the Vindicators have point defense. Distract them with fighters and board everything else. It only takes one zombie to infect the entire ship.

The guns are BIGGER the BIGGER the ship... think of each of those guns as SUPER GUNS...... like each 1 is worth 200 Turbo lasers.... because truthfully thats accurate. The Legacy Matched the firepower of an Executor.

You know this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought

Yeah, okay. Your right. I'm wrong. :( It hurts.

Do the killiks have any experience using the Vong stuff though? Or will they have universal knowledge of the tech?

Sil, those droid TIEs are probably toast since they can't think for themselves, and thinking and changing tactics midbattle are some of the only ways to beat Vong tech.

Skips though have an issue though. Their dovin basal have trouble keeping up shields and keeping the ship maneuverable. If they have to shield too much the skips won't be able to move, and if it moves to much it can't shield very well.

Considering the IDD's naval officers are the Empire, it would prove quite infectious. Not only that, but only the Vindicators have point defense. Distract them with fighters and board everything else. It only takes one zombie to infect the entire ship.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tartan-class_Patrol_Cruiser

"Armed with twenty laser cannons, the Tartan-class cruisers were designed for use against starfighters, bombers, and pirate vessels. Most notably, powerful sensor and computer systems enabled their guns to engage rapidly with swarms of small, swift targets, although these systems came at a hefty price.[4]"

The Tartan's in this case are acting as Anti-fighter defenses for the larger ships.

(also good point about the officers BUT the enemy has no gunships, it has no boarding party ships... it has no means of transporting people onto enemy ships beyond a shuttle craft that has 0 armament and little to no shields or armor that are slow and easy to blow out of the sky)

(edit: beni if you REALLY wanted to use that song you should have started it at 3:02 just saying)

Edited by tunewalker