Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy Storage?

idnewton

I give credit where credit is due.

You'd be surprised how well a thumbs up or a pat on the back would do for people.

Not really. A pat on the back doesn't equate to a rise in paycheck or less hours at work, not to mention less grumpy people at the phone or in the office. :p

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but all strongholds are shared legacy wide you can just go to one and not need LS in the other 3

That will depend on the loading times I guess.

They have already said that Strongholds will be instanced but I haven't understood yet if they're located in the actual planets.

Karagga's Palace takes place on Hutta but not on the actual Hutta. Same with Section X for Belsavis and Black Hole for Corellia.

The last two planets can take a while to load, in slower / older computers.

Glad we got news on this but I have to ask. What is the point of crafting or selling legacy storage if everyone gets one by completing the introduction quest?

Legacy Storage Access Points are stronghold decor, which is entirely different than Legacy Storage Bays which are where you actually store things. You can craft/buy more access points, because you want to put them in different rooms.

Because it seems rather pointless to add additional access points within the same stronghold, unless these strongholds are so massive that multiple access points are necessary?

Have you seen the stream walkthroughs? They are massive, with 8 or 9 rooms each. I can definitely see a desire for more than one per stronghold.

Not really. A pat on the back doesn't equate to a rise in paycheck or less hours at work, not to mention less grumpy people at the phone or in the office. :p

Lol I never said it would lead to a rise in a paycheck. I just said it would do well for people to hear back that they are doing a good job when they do it.

I know I get all fuzzy inside when someone tells me good job.

Hey folks,

I know there are a few questions surrounding Legacy storage and although I can't answer everything here are some of the bigger answers:

How do I get Legacy storage?

You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold. Legacy storage will also be craftable and is possible to appear on the Cartel Market. (In both cases this means it would be available on the GTN for credits as well)

If I add another Legacy storage to my Stronghold, does this add more storage space?

It does not. Adding more Legacy storage "units" will simply add another access point, similar to how the cargo hold works right now. You can increase the size by adding more bays (more in the next answer).

How big will it be?

Legacy storage comes, by default, with one bay unlocked. That bay will have 80 slots in it. You will be able to purchase additional bays with credits or Cartel Coins.

Can I transfer Bind on Pickup (BoP) items through my Legacy Storage?

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I hope that answers most of the bigger questions you have.

-eric

Great news! As long as we can trasnfer Operation drops i'm happy.

They have already said that Strongholds will be instanced but I haven't understood yet if they're located in the actual planets.

No. Chat is currently shared with the planets, but they are their own instance. The loading times were very quick on the livestream.

Lol I never said it would lead to a rise in a paycheck. I just said it would do well for people to hear back that they are doing a good job when they do it.

I know I get all fuzzy inside when someone tells me good job.

Again, doing that which is expected given his position is not exactly a good job but rather, his job.

The fact that they're even 'considering' letting us put in BoP stuff is blowing my mind.

I don't understand either, I can't see them ever doing it. Frankly, I'm still surprised they let us transfer mods in legacy gear. I suspect that the question is whether or not we can store BoP stuff in there at all (still bound to a character), not whether to effectively make everything BoL.

No. Chat is currently shared with the planets, but they are their own instance. The loading times were very quick on the livestream.

They weren't exactly showcasing it in one of the Live servers, were they?

Regardless, do you have a source for the first one? I do remember them saying that the location for Strongholds on contested planets will be different but you can see right now the Strongholds on both Dk and Coruscant being built.

I don't understand either, I can't see them ever doing it. Frankly, I'm still surprised they let us transfer mods in legacy gear. I suspect that the question is whether or not we can store BoP stuff in there at all (still bound to a character), not whether to effectively make everything BoL.

Even if the stuff is still bound to a character, it frees up a TON of space for me if I'm no longer having to store my non-Collection bound gear in my cargo bays.

But if it effectively turns BoP into BoL, I may well dance a jig.

You need to settle down and catch some butterflies.

I'm calm.

I just not a fan of people implying, that we should take a bow whenever someone does its job around these parts, which at times feels as rare as a Walker drop from the latest pack.

Simple.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I imagine that they are probably discussing how far to take it.

For example... (36 hour) bound cartel items. Maybe it would be easier to use legacy banks to

Share these bound items instead if making it legacy bound.

Maybe crafted items that you made yourself?

If the system is in place(to handle BoP items), I would guess at this point it's a system of white lists or blacklists. Meaning it is a decision for designers and not main programmers.

Hey folks,

I know there are a few questions surrounding Legacy storage and although I can't answer everything here are some of the bigger answers:

How do I get Legacy storage?

You will get Legacy storage for free with the completion of the "Introduction to Strongholds Mission" upon acquiring your first Stronghold. Legacy storage will also be craftable and is possible to appear on the Cartel Market. (In both cases this means it would be available on the GTN for credits as well)

If I add another Legacy storage to my Stronghold, does this add more storage space?

It does not. Adding more Legacy storage "units" will simply add another access point, similar to how the cargo hold works right now. You can increase the size by adding more bays (more in the next answer).

How big will it be?

Legacy storage comes, by default, with one bay unlocked. That bay will have 80 slots in it. You will be able to purchase additional bays with credits or Cartel Coins.

This is still being worked on/decided in development. We should have an answer on this soon™.

I hope that answers most of the bigger questions you have.

-eric

Thank you so much for this information Eric.

I reeeeeealy hope there's more to legacy storage than just existing system made accessible across legacy. I'm not expecting shared credits/comms or anything like that but for a way to deal with all the mats on a bunch alts, a couple times 80 slots won't really cut it. Also desperate for a "craft directly from storage" option. :o

i really hope they leave it to items that are either Bound to Legacy, Bind on Equip, Bind on use and crafting mats. Bind on pickup would make a mockery of the collection system. Edited by orpheus

Allowing BoP items to be transferred via LS is unlikely, at least not without some restrictions. Simple reason; Collections unlocks would become nearly worthless. You would be able to duplicate an item, stick it in LS, and take it out on another character. No money for Bioware, unless you want it on another server. And even then it could be cheaper to transfer the character instead of doing a bunch of unlocks.

i really hope they leave it to items that are either Bound to Legacy, Bind on Equip, Bind on use and crafting mats. Bind on pickup would make a mockery of the collection system.

Oh, not true. There's a ton of BoP stuff that preceded the Collection system and much of it is cluttering my various Cargo Bays. The Recruit PVP sets, the Tionese sets...

Hey folks,

Thanx for answering a few things Eric. It is appreciated.

But I am begging you...PLEASE let us use Legacy bank for BOP items to send to alts. You would make ALOT of people happy doing that. I have quite a few things (180 gear) that are earpiece or implant that I got off drops in HM runs that just set there unable to be used on that toon because are bound, when I could be using them on an alt. I also have other things that just set in certain toon's storage because are BOP, when an alt could be using them.

I think Subscribers at least deserve this. For the love of all the Star Wars gods...PLEASE let us use the Legacy bank for bound items. :)

Edited by DarthVengeant

Oh, not true. There's a ton of BoP stuff that preceded the Collection system and much of it is cluttering my various Cargo Bays. The Recruit PVP sets, the Tionese sets...

yeah fair point...perhaps CM BoP items should be excluded then

That will depend on the loading times I guess.

Karagga's Palace takes place on Hutta but not on the actual Hutta. Same with Section X for Belsavis and Black Hole for Corellia.

The last two planets can take a while to load, in slower / older computers.

Based on the livestream bids it seems they're going to be like black hole and section x

Based on the livestream bids it seems they're going to be like black hole and section x

That's what I've gathered mostly for now. I honestly prefer it that way and unlike Section X and Black Hole, you can still see everything around the Strongholds, like they're actually a part of the planets.

On Coruscant at least anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.