Can A Juggernaut really solo the heroic in side Black Hole?

johndoeb

Last night me and a level 51 character tried to do the heroic that is inside Black Hole with just the two of us and our companions. I only died once, but he kept dieing all the time. Finally he got tried of dieing , so he ask his friend to come join us. We where talking and he said, I was squishy. Just because I couldn't solo that darn heroic all by my self. I am giving him the benefit of a doubt, but I don't see how this is possible. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong: I know some of my enhancement are not the best, or maybe not the right kind. I have started following the advice on Duffy Net. I am useing the Vengeance spec that I found on Duffy Net. What does he mean by squishy., when I ask him what he meant by that or what I was doing wrong, he never gave me an answer. Please some please help me, I only want to get better,but I can't get better if I don't know what I am doing wrong.

He is telling you that you are taking too many large hits from the Adds and likely not using your defensive cooldowns. If Quinn is not too well geared in some mix of at least 48-50 Blues it can be a bit tough. And you are missing out on the Droid CC (being a Jugg) as some of those can be a pain with their pull and Heat Laser(s).

As with any mob or adds you should be working through the Strong's then the Elites, there are a few Standard NPC's here and there. For the most part I always go for the Elite droids first then the Elite humans. Keep Saber Reflect on CD if you can, I usually try to pull them all into one area to keep from getting pulled around the room. Interrupt, Interrupt, Interrupt.

Seems like he is the one who has gear or play issues if he died all the time.

-J:cool:

Edited by Mythurin

Thanks for the reply I will take all of your advice to heart. I always thought it was npc, strong, and then elite. I try to always use my defensive cool downs, sometimes i miss one or two. Thanks again for answering this noobs question.

You certainly can in tank spec even at level 50 (although you and Quinn need decent gear to do so).

I've never tried using Vengeance although I would imagine it is possible.

Big thing is to use your cool downs, especially if you do not over gear/level it, I generally use Reflect when i jump in and save Saber Ward and Enraged Defense for if my health drops below 50%. You can use Intimidating Roar to shut down the organics for 6 seconds,

Interrupt Heat Laser whenever possible. Also by attacking the elite humans in melee range you can get them to switch over to their swords which I find helps reduce the damage they do a lot, although that may not be true for a DPS character, you will have to test it. If it does help you hit them each once or twice before focusing on one.

Also try to keep things off Quinn, which is admittedly much harder without an AoE taunt.

You certainly can in tank spec even at level 50 (although you and Quinn need decent gear to do so).

I've never tried using Vengeance although I would imagine it is possible.

Big thing is to use your cool downs, especially if you do not over gear/level it, I generally use Reflect when i jump in and save Saber Ward and Enraged Defense for if my health drops below 50%. You can use Intimidating Roar to shut down the organics for 6 seconds,

Interrupt Heat Laser whenever possible. Also by attacking the elite humans in melee range you can get them to switch over to their swords which I find helps reduce the damage they do a lot, although that may not be true for a DPS character, you will have to test it. If it does help you hit them each once or twice before focusing on one.

Also try to keep things off Quinn, which is admittedly much harder without an AoE taunt.

Thanks for the advice I know now what I was doing wrong and have implemented the changes in my rotation that I needed. I am a better DPS for it.

I sometimes sleep thru it. Not kidding. Some reflect, some heal to full.

And the grenade jumpy end boss doesnt even hurt me more than %7-8 in rep side. In imp side, takes a bit longer but eventually end it on my jugg with no prob at all.

It's so laughably easy both versions of that heroic. ESPECIALLY for a guard / jugg in DPS spec.

I sometimes sleep thru it. Not kidding. Some reflect, some heal to full.

And the grenade jumpy end boss doesnt even hurt me more than %7-8 in rep side. In imp side, takes a bit longer but eventually end it on my jugg with no prob at all.

It's so laughably easy both versions of that heroic. ESPECIALLY for a guard / jugg in DPS spec.

Thank you everyone for your help. I have since fix what i was doing wrong. I just wish the player who inspired the creation of this post had taken the time to explain what I was doing wrong, because of all of the people who have posted in this post, as a result, I have had an easier time doing all the latest new content of this game. I still have a lot of work to do on the latest opps and I can't interrupt the NPC worth a darn, but I am determined to get better. Thanks everyone for their help.

• 3 weeks later...