The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hood toggle just for new sets. No retroactivity and reworking old stuff.

Hood toggle was one of the most requested appearance-related feature. The only reason you were able to say, the hood toggle won't be in the game, was that it would be too much work to REWORK the existing art. Well, then, okay. How about including a hood toggle to the new armor sets which come from the cartel market?

These sets are very expensive (in-game and real $) and they come with very limited options and often poor quality. Adding hood toggle to the future sets which include hoods would make them worth the price, really, and solve many issues for a number of players, too.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Hood toggle was one of the most requested appearance-related feature. The only reason you were able to say, the hood toggle won't be in the game, was that it would be too much work to REWORK the existing art. Well, then, okay. How about including a hood toggle to the new armor sets which come from the cartel market?

These sets are very expensive (in-game and real $) and they come with very limited options and often poor quality. Adding hood toggle to the future sets which include hoods would make them worth the price, really, and solve many issues for a number of players, too.

if they implemented a hood toggle for future sets, how long do you think it would be before the forums were flooded with cries to allow the hood toggle to work with older sets?

With many sets, the circlets will force the hood down. Even the temple guardian set can be forced to hood down with the Jedi Battlelord's headgear. The Jedi Battlelord's headgear is not quite as unobtrusive as the circlets, as it does cover the eyes, but it does leave the head exposed.

It's bad enough they haven't implement the toggle already. The hoods go down on everything already. I'd be pretty pissed if they just allowed it for new sets. Edited by Vinak

I'd rather have none at all then not have it work on the gear I already own.

Indeed.

And as pointed out earlier, there are a ton of chests ingame that already have double hoods. Why they haven't implemented it yet is beyond me.

Really guys? You wouldn't want any progress at all 0_o

Opening a huge can of worms is progress?

Make no mistake, opening a huge can of worms is exactly what BW would be doing if they allowed SOME outfits to hood toggle while withholding that ability from other outfits.

I do not see that as progress. As has been pointed out, it is already possible to force the hood down on many outfits.

Hood toggle if implemented would work on all armours with hoods, there is no need to edit anything. Let me explain:

The "works" for toggle are already in the game and they are already applied to all armours. When you put certain helmets, the hood disappears, when you put different helmet, the hood stays on. That's because some helmets have an attribute, say... hide_hood.

All BW has to do, is add a button in equipment tab (right next to Toggle Head Slot would be nice) that forces hide_hood even if helmet does not, or helmet is not equipped, or head slot is hidden.

Unless I'm missing something... That's it.