Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Chirikyat Ascendancy vs Republic Resistance

Well considering that sources point to Kaut helping Rothana create things like the AT-TE and so forth...I say yeah. Unless were just gonna ignore that aspect and Rothana is able to produce on its own.

We are doing just that. even if we weren't, Rothana already has the blueprints and such so they don't need KDY's help to create, they just manufacture.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering that sources point to Kaut helping Rothana create things like the AT-TE, AT-PT etc and so forth...I say yeah. Unless were just gonna ignore that aspect and Rothana is able to produce on its own.
For a full scale galactic war.

Rothana has its own factories, remember they created all the vehicles for the initial batch of clones.

I mean your not seriously suggesting that we allow Rothana to operate on Kuat?

Edited by Beniboybling

For a full scale galactic war.

Rothana has its own factories, remember they created all the vehicles for the initial batch of clones.

I mean your not seriously suggesting that we allow Rothana to operate on Kuat?

Rothana had factories because of Kuat. No I'm not saying that they should operate on Kuat, but they didn't have their own factories, they had factories thanks to Kuat.

Rothana had factories because of Kuat. No I'm not saying that they should operate on Kuat, but they didn't have their own factories, they had factories thanks to Kuat.
Well, they own them now. The factories on Rothana. Edited by Beniboybling

I should note Rothana isn't some backwater planet, it has a population betwee 1-10 billion

It easily eclipses Kuat in size and presumably could do so in industry as well. They built the entire GAR warmachine and rivaled Correllia's shipbuilding industry after the fall of the Empire. Don't underestimate them.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Well, they own them now. The factories on Rothana.

Alright so going along with that Rothana can produce without hindrance to Kuat. Then ok.

Edit: Actually the AT-AT I don't see being all that useful in an environment such as this.

Sec i'll do a better analysis.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Right, so here’s my analysis of Exar Kun vs. Mace Windu. Like I said before, I feel that this is the most likely confrontation, but I will adjust the analysis based on the agreed upon situation.

As a quick side-note, Mace Windu vs. Exar Kun was going to be my first vs. match for The BattleZone back when it first started, so I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lightsaber Skill:

Exar Kun:

The greatest student of legendary Jedi weaponmaster Vodo-Siosk Baas, and an innovator of lightsaber combat, Exar Kun was nothing less than an utterly uncompromising duelist and an absolute master of lightsaber combat. His primary fighting Form was Niman- a Form that espoused balance and moderation- but he was also a master of Juyo and Ataru. His mastery of Niman was such that he had completely thrown out the Form’s predilection towards moderation, and turned it into a ferocious and dominating fighting style that few could defend against. He perfectly complimented this with his mastery of Juyo and Ataru, the latter of which he applied through expert use of Force Flight.

Kun’s fighting style was based around shock and awe tactics and overwhelming opponents through an unpredictable fighting style. As such, Kun modified his standard lightsaber to create a double-bladed lightsaber, which he would activate when standard tactics failed him. The weapon had a dual-phase mechanism, which he would activate at random to constantly adjust the length of his blade to offset and offbalance opponents.

Mace Windu:

Mace Windu was one of the Jedi Order’s greatest lightsaber masters and an innovator of lightsaber combat. He was a master of all seven lightsaber Forms, all of which he applied in combat to suit the needs of the moment. He did, however, create his own lightsaber Form- Vaapad. Vaapad was a branch of Juyo and helped perfect the Juyo Form to the Jedi. With Vaapad, the user would draw on the darkness of the opponent and take it within them and then letting it fountain out. It acted as an amplifier, increasing the user’s ferocity and power.

However, it is a dangerous Form for Jedi. Due to the nature of the Form- using the darkness of an opponent and their inner darkness, Jedi were especially vulnerable to falling to the Dark Side because of it. In fact, Windu held reservations about its use for quite some time. That being said, the Form was one of the Jedi Order’s greatest weapons against the Dark Side, and most notably allowed Windu to effectively engage Darth Sidious. However, Windu’s engagement with Sidious was one of great circumstances. Everything he had fought for had been a lie and Chancellor Palpatine had been revealed to be the Sith Lord. This was when Windu fully embraced Vaapad, when he allowed himself to go into it deeper than he had ever been. These are not circumstances where he would be able to do this.

All of that said, Windu’s skill in lightsaber combat was immense. He was most certainly one of the best lightsaber duelists of all time.

Edge: The edge is difficult to decide in this regard. Exar Kun’s mastery of Niman is clearly unprecedented, yet Mace Windu’s perfection of Form VII is equally impressive. Simply comparing their standard skill sets, the edge would fall in Windu’s favor, and that is only the surface. What are even more important are the effects that Vaapad would have on this engagement. Vaapad is a Form completely unknown to Exar Kun. He has no idea how it works, bladework or otherwise. The superconducting loop that Vaapad creates will be very effective against a Sith like Kun, and the movements of Vaapad will catch Kun completely off guard. Due to the advantages that Vaapad gives Windu, he gets the clear edge.

Physicality:

Exar Kun:

Exar Kun is a human male in his physical prime. Through the Force he is able to augment his physical abilities greatly. He can use Force Flight to increase his agility, and increase his endurance to shrug off attacks. Most notably is his strength, which he could increase to massive levels enough to outright break Vodo-Siosk Baas’ Force-imbued staff.

Mace Windu:

Mace Windu is a Korun male past his physical prime. Despite this, he possesses immense physical capabilities. His strength was incredible; enough to drive fists through droid chassis and damaged starfighter hulls. His speed was great and he could travel vast distances very quickly. His durability was such that he could be impaled by a lightsaber and continue fighting.

Edge: Windu clearly gets durability and speed, however, Kun gets a clear strength advantage. However, Mace Windu gets the overall physical edge as Kun’s strength advantage is not sufficient enough to overcome Windu’s other advantages.

Mentality:

Exar Kun:

Exar Kun was deemed to be arrogant, but he didn’t let this cloud his judgment. He was able to recognize his limits and prevent himself from getting in over his head. He was a skilled manipulator and proponent of Dun Moch.

Mace Windu:

Mace Windu was a brilliant tactician with an uncanny ability to see right to the heart of matters. He was one of the finest military minds of the Clone Wars and a well-respected military leader. Like his contemporary- Qui-Gon Jinn- Mace Windu preferred to keep his mind empty so that he could respond to events as they happened.

Edge: Though a skilled manipulator, Exar Kun could be rather straightforward in combat, only adjusting when the conventional failed him. Mace Windu’s method would balance the situation. Kun would change to shock and awe tactics, and Mace would quickly adapt to deal with it. While I would give no edge because of this, Kun’s changing style pertains to the lightsaber skill category. As such, I will be giving Mace Windu the edge.

Force Abilities:

Exar Kun: (I did not include Kun's feats as a spirit as I did not know if we were allowing them. However, inclusion of those feats would not change the verdict on this category)

A massively powerful Sith Lord with a broad array of abilities ranging from the conventional to the esoteric, Exar Kun was an undisputed master of the Dark Side. His talent with the Dark Side was prodigious and he was heralded as the second coming of the Golden Age of the Sith by Marka Ragnos himself.

His most noted field was his mastery of Sith Sorcery and Magic. He was a master of various Sith Spells, which could be used to stun a massive number of people simultaneously, or even take control of the minds of others. His abilities with Sith Alchemy were such that he could create powerful Sith War Beasts such as Terentateks. Finally, his mastery of Sith Magic manifested fully in his ability to unleash powerful blasts of pure Dark Side energy in an ability termed Force Blast.

He was skilled master of telekinesis. His abilities in this area were developed to incredible levels. He had little difficulty summoning powerful Force Pushes and Waves to thrash opposing Force users, or even use Force Crush.

Mace Windu:

Renowned for his legendary mastery of the Force, Mace Windu was an exceptionally powerful Force user.

His mastery of telekinesis was exceptional. He could easily move large objects with the wave of his hand, on one occasion pushing an AT-TE off a cliff with apparent ease. His Force Pushes and Waves were strong enough to bowl over scores of droids and even dismantle them. He was also a powerful user of Force Crush. He also had little difficulty breaking through the Force Barriers of opposing Force users to thrash them with powerful displays of telekinesis, on one occasion thrashing the powerful Dark Jedi Sora Bulq and knocking him into unconsciousness.

His perceptive abilities were aided by his ability to see shatterpoints, fractures in people and events that could be manipulated; something that Mace Windu was capable of doing.

Edge: At first glance, they are certainly comparable telekinetics, but the comparison ends there. While Mace Windu has mastered telekinesis to its highest levels, Exar Kun has taken to a mastery of the arcane. Windu certainly has an answer to any telekinetic attacks, but he is sorely outclassed when the esoteric is brought into play. Exar Kun gets the edge.

Now comes the more difficult: picking a winner. Circumstances can often decide the winner in matches in these kinds of settings, but I will approach this primarily as a match taking place on neutral ground, though also consider the dark side nexus and Nomi Sunrider's interference via Battle Meditation.

As I pointed out in the analysis, Mace Windu is the superior swordsman, and his physical capabilities will be a boon to him in close combat. In my opinion, this will primarily be a lightsaber duel, and Windu will take the advantage quickly.

However, Windu is clearly outclassed as far as Force Abilities go. Even though Exar Kun doesn't throw his Force abilities around in the middle of combat, as a Niman practitioner, he is more than able to do this, and Mace will most certainly force him to do this. Mace can answer Kun's telekinesis, but he is incapable of defending himself against Kun's Sorcery based attacks.

Which brings into question the effects that Nomi can have on the battle. Whether Kun can defend against Nomi's mental assaults is irrelevant as he will be incapable of doing so in the middle of a battle with Windu. So it is entirely likely that Nomi could strike at Kun from the safety of the Great Temple, which would likely allow Windu to take the victory.

Of course we should also bring the Dark Side nexus into play here and address the possibility of Mace falling to the Dark Side. To be blunt, I don't see Mace falling. If anything, the nexus is just going to make him a more deadly warrior, and lead to a quicker end to the duel.

So for my decision, I believe that Mace Windu would win in this situation. However, it is my opinion that the winner will be decided by Nomi's potential to affect the battle with her powers. So I feel that this is a very crucial point of discussion.

However, it is my opinion that the winner will be decided by Nomi's potential to affect the battle with her powers. So I feel that this is a very crucial point of discussion.

So then this right here should sway your analysis in favor of Kun then?

Which I agree with, BM would have no effect on him at all because the light and dark he uses simultaneously, they negate each other essentially.

So then this right here should sway your analysis in favor of Kun then?

I was not under the illusion that Nomi's Battle Meditation would affect Mace, so no. What I was pointing to was Nomi's ability to attack Kun mentally.

I was not under the illusion that Nomi's Battle Meditation would affect Mace, so no. What I was pointing to was Nomi's ability to attack Kun mentally.

Ah, well I don't see how she can attack a superior force wielder's mind stooped in a DS nexus from half a planet away though.

Given that he is fully occupied by Windu, I feel that it is possible.
Eh, but its not as though the CA or RR armies are just sitting there this whole time. She is busy making battle plans and using Battle Meditation to lead troops. Windu's duel wouldn't be the only thing going on at the time. I think either she'll be suitably distracted with the army so as to not affect the Windu/Kun fight, or she'll lose a lot of her forces trying to help Windu instead. Edited by StarSquirrel

*snip*

This still doesn't change the fact that the Anakin Solo would force their hand here, they need to defend against cloaking devices.

KDY also produced the LightStealth-18 Reconnaissance Ship, yet again it's sensors contained Crystal Gravfield Traps.

The more I look the more I believe KDY can, not only produce them, but almost mass produce them, numerous of their vessels seemed to be equipped with these.

The space battle will be lost in the first few hours of the Kaggath, KDY can then dedicated it's production to just four of it's products and one is literally just a sensor array.

The shipyards and the fleet are equipped with CGTs within the week and then RHE will be given the singular thing they could need to broker a deal: a CGT which they themselves can mass produce to defend themselves, between that and the severe damage on MandalMotors, the CA's production will be crippled.

Eh, but its not as though the CA or RR armies are just sitting there this whole time. She is busy making battle plans and using Battle Meditation to lead troops. Windu's duel wouldn't be the only thing going on at the time. I think either she'll be suitably distracted with the army so as to not affect the Windu/Kun fight, or she'll lose a lot of her forces trying to help Windu instead.

I suppose it depends on how the battle is going then.

This still doesn't change the fact that the Anakin Solo would force their hand here, they need to defend against cloaking devices.

KDY also produced the LightStealth-18 Reconnaissance Ship, yet again it's sensors contained Crystal Gravfield Traps.

The more I look the more I believe KDY can, not only produce them, but almost mass produce them, numerous of their vessels seemed to be equipped with these.

The space battle will be lost in the first few hours of the Kaggath, KDY can then dedicated it's production to just four of it's products and one is literally just a sensor array.

The shipyards and the fleet are equipped with CGTs within the week and then RHE will be given the singular thing they could need to broker a deal: a CGT which they themselves can mass produce to defend themselves, between that and the severe damage on MandalMotors, the CA's production will be crippled.

1. "A crystal gravfield trap (CGT) was a rare and expensive type of sensor that used a synthetic crystal grid to detect and identify fluctuations in the local gravity field. They could be blocked by the presence of mass, not being able to detect a ship on the far side of a planet due to its mass."

So, that's a no to mass production and also shows it was a beatable piece of tech, and Maul has encountered it before so he knows what to do.

Also Raith Sienar designed the ship. I imagine they also did the gravfield traps since they are in fact a technology-based company while KDY likely produced the ships themselves. That is speculation though.

2. Both the sensors you mentioned were built directly into the ships. For a ship already built installation time would likely be rather long (in context of this match)

3. With the space battle lost Maul and move quickly. Since the space battle ends on the first day, Maul can easily leave once they've won so he'd be to Kuat quite quickly. There is no way that by then they'd have enough Crystal Gravfield traps to make an impassable net (if they have any functioning at all by that point). They'd also affix them to the ships, not the yards allowing Maul to infiltrate the yards easily.

4. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that the RR could build enough CGT's to equip all of Kuat within a week. Not to mention that if they somehow managed it, they wouldn't be able to build anything else in that time.

1. "A crystal gravfield trap (CGT) was a rare and expensive type of sensor that used a synthetic crystal grid to detect and identify fluctuations in the local gravity field. They could be blocked by the presence of mass, not being able to detect a ship on the far side of a planet due to its mass."

So, that's a no to mass production and also shows it was a beatable piece of tech, and Maul has encountered it before so he knows what to do.

Also Raith Sienar designed the ship. I imagine they also did the gravfield traps since they are in fact a technology-based company while KDY likely produced the ships themselves. That is speculation though.

2. Both the sensors you mentioned were built directly into the ships. For a ship already built installation time would likely be rather long (in context of this match)

3. With the space battle lost Maul and move quickly. Since the space battle ends on the first day, Maul can easily leave once they've won so he'd be to Kuat quite quickly. There is no way that by then they'd have enough Crystal Gravfield traps to make an impassable net (if they have any functioning at all by that point). They'd also affix them to the ships, not the yards allowing Maul to infiltrate the yards easily.

4. There is not a snowball's chance in hell that the RR could build enough CGT's to equip all of Kuat within a week. Not to mention that if they somehow managed it, they wouldn't be able to build anything else in that time.

1. You missed the almost, if two of their ships which they clearly produced in serious quantities had CGTs I see no reason to believe that the sensors that they clearly can construct outside of the vessel would not be sufficiently constructed by KDY's shipyards (not it's factories) in a serious quantity due to the fact that the only other thing they can accomplish is repairig the RR fleet, these shipyards were humongous and produced hundreds of ships at a time, focusing on constructing these things should distractly increase this quantity.

2.Maul coming as early as you say leaves Mandalore as the sole tactician left to command the CA, a vulnerable position, you also haven't taken into account the planning & mobilising time nor the hyperspace travel time between Yavin IV and Kuat.

3.The range of these things was quite enormous actually and you should consider that Kuat will want to protect themselves with them due to the threat the Anakin Solo poses.

2.Maul coming as early as you say leaves Mandalore as the sole tactician left to command the CA, a vulnerable position, you also haven't taken into account the planning & mobilising time nor the hyperspace travel time between Yavin IV and Kuat.

3.The range of these things was quite enormous actually and you should consider that Kuat will want to protect themselves with them due to the threat the Anakin Solo poses.

I disagree that even in a week they can build and calibrate something so rare. If they truly were so easy to build why didn't they put them on every ship? It was expensive and rare, I'd like a ruling on how accessible CGT can be to the RR by Sel or Beni.

As for Maul, this is TPM Maul, he isn't a tactician so Mandalore would lead the army with Kun anyway and Maul wouldn't do so much.

As for the planning, it is Kun telling Maul "Go eliminate their supplies/ships my saboteur" and Maul grabs four Sun Guard as he walks to his ship. He leaves. He has a class 1.5 hyperdrive, so he's going to get to Kuat quite quickly and again the RR needs to first, find out about the Anakin Solo's cloak and then start building, they aren't building CGTs from the get-go...

Also I'm still fuzzy on this. Kuat has only ever built them into a single type of starship and that starship had the CGT's embedded in the design with a dozen other sensors. Are they capable of building just a CGT and applying to an Acclamator at all?

Also, why the hell would they put it on the station itself exactly. A valuable piece tech like that would be hopelessly exposed, immobile, and thereby useless whereas applying onto the Acclamators would just be a plain better idea. Of course when the Acclamators explode... bye, bye CGT but the RR doesn't know that.

If Kuat has the ability to make CGTs, and they are told the enemy possesses stealth capable vessels, why wouldn't they make them?

Problem is there are questions as to how many, what their effectiveness is, and if they're even capable of making them at all. Something I'm not convinced they are.

I am skeptical that an assassin, even Darth Maul can wipe out fleets and destroy shipyards so easily... in a very very secure system like KDY, after the numerous incursions by rebels, KDY began to seriously overhaul their defenses, hiring top tier security forces and upgrading their defence grid.

Not to mention that even with a 1.5 the journey itself can take days and increase that for each time he goes laying those mines.

So let's assume he does make it onto the orbital ring... how does he stop his entire section being jettisoned from the ring itself then him and his ship being blown into the vacuum of space again or being outright destroyed by capital ship fire?

I don't see how this is so easy at all.

I am skeptical that an assassin, even Darth Maul can wipe out fleets and destroy shipyards so easily... in a very very secure system like KDY, after the numerous incursions by rebels, KDY began to seriously overhaul their defenses, hiring top tier security forces and upgrading their defence grid.

Not to mention that even with a 1.5 the journey itself can take days and increase that for each time he goes laying those mines.

So let's assume he does make it onto the orbital ring... how does he stop his entire section being jettisoned from the ring itself then him and his ship being blown into the vacuum of space again or being outright destroyed by capital ship fire?

I don't see how this is so easy at all.

He wouldn't stop to lay mines, the SG would do that at the lanes from Kuat once Maul has infiltrated KDY.

Uh, because they won't know he was there until ships start to blow up...

The trouble here is of course that there are no troops (aside from a typical security detail) at anyone's supplier. In most cases, boarding KDY and blowing up a few frigates wouldn't be worth doing. Here the stakes are raised, and each ship is worth several times more, suddenly making them worth blowing up.

KDY usually doesn't have to worry as much about 1 infiltrator sneaking aboard and blowing up a few frigates and so its security isn't designed around that, so it is exposed to that strategy...

You severely underestimate Darth Maul's ability to infiltrate and sabotage...

Edited by StarSquirrel

You are assuming the following:

Maul and his plan completely and utterly evades Republic Intelligence, despite the fact that he is a leader whom has suddenly vanished.

Makes it to Kuat in all speed despite a vast distance existing between himself and the system.

Mace Windu and Nomi Sunrider whom are both canonically seen as being masters of foresight via differing methods don't sense any danger either and in the case of Mace Windu he and the rest of the Jedi won't have their vision clouded by Sidious, which no doubt hampered his clarity which was second only to Yoda.

Successfully evades any hiccups for ecample popping out of hyperspace undetected.

That KDY the largest manufacturer in the galaxy can't dedicate the most of it's vast shipyards to producing the CGTs.

That KDY does not want to protect itself here against cloaked ships despite an Imperial II-Class roaming around with a cloaking device itself.

That Maul can evade every single one of these and somehow has a way of detecting said CGTs and avoiding them all.

Lands on the heavily secured orbital ring without ringing any bells, which include them having to drop their hangarbay shields in order for him to do so.

He then manages to sneak past: security probes, security cameras, sensor grids, guard patrols as well as all the security protocols put in place (which the rebels needed to find out the codes for) not to mention whatever Republic Intelligence presences are there as well and not once get detected.

Do remember that in many missions, Sidious provided him with impunity against such things by using RI itself against Maul's targets.

I am not underestimating Maul because I have read Shadow Hunter, he didn't have an easy time then despite Sidious' help, where he failed, not a month before Naboo and never has he gone up against such odds.

You are assuming the following:

Maul and his plan completely and utterly evades Republic Intelligence, despite the fact that he is a leader whom has suddenly vanished.

He's an ally, so they don't know where he is from the start and have no means to track him specifically. There is absolutely no reason they should know his whereabouts.

Makes it to Kuat in all speed despite a vast distance existing between himself and the system.

I never said it'd be instantaneous, merely that he'd be quick enough that the RR wouldn't be ready enough by the time he got there to do anything about him.

Mace Windu and Nomi Sunrider whom are both canonically seen as being masters of foresight via differing methods don't sense any danger either and in the case of Mace Windu he and the rest of the Jedi won't have their vision clouded by Sidious, which no doubt hampered his clarity which was second only to Yoda.
Why would they? There is no danger to them or the people they're worried about. Mace couldn't use foresight to predict the CIS hitting Coruscant, or Dac, or any of a thousand important Republic systems.

There is no way they'd predict him at all, their farsight would be focused on the battle at hand. Besides, the future is always in motion and we're talking over days here...

Successfully evades any hiccups for ecample popping out of hyperspace undetected.
Why exactly would that happen? Ships don't tend to randomly drop out of hyperspace when it is convenient for their opponent. Plus the RR lost its grav well projector.

That KDY the largest manufacturer in the galaxy can't dedicate the most of it's vast shipyards to producing the CGTs.

That KDY does not want to protect itself here against cloaked ships despite an Imperial II-Class roaming around with a cloaking device itself.

That Maul can evade every single one of these and somehow has a way of detecting said CGTs and avoiding them all.

No, no it can't or else it would have in the cannon.

Yes it may want the protection, but since there would be so few of them the ships that can actually move and engage the Solo in places aside from just Kuat would need them more. So, no Kuat won't be getting those CGT's for themselves

He won't have to avoid the CGTs since KDY won't have many if any when he arrives. And even if they did, he'd still try to be stealthy and follow a transport in before being let out on to the shipyard. The Sun Guards might get taken out when they get ready to leave, but even then Maul is still there.

Lands on the heavily secured orbital ring without ringing any bells, which include them having to drop their hangarbay shields in order for him to do so.
Doesn't have to, the Scimitar can land on the hull and he can cut his way in, or he can hack the system, or he can transmit false codes etc... Most of those won't set off any alarms until he's in. Once in, they can't stop him.

He then manages to sneak past: security probes, security cameras, sensor grids, guard patrols as well as all the security protocols put in place (which the rebels needed to find out the codes for) not to mention whatever Republic Intelligence presences are there as well and not once get detected.
Done it many times before. I fail to see the issue here, you're still severely underestimating his skills.

Do remember that in many missions, Sidious provided him with impunity against such things by using RI itself against Maul's targets.

I am not underestimating Maul because I have read Shadow Hunter, he didn't have an easy time then despite Sidious' help, where he failed, not a month before Naboo and never has he gone up against such odds.

I too have read Shadow Hunter, and that is one story of many. Have you read the other ones? The ones where he kills Nightsisters and infiltrates then slaughters the Black Sun? I point out all the dumb and weak things Nomi does and you call hearsay and claim she was better in other material yet you don't see that this is exactly what you're doing here?

Does it annoy you when I underestimate Nomi? Cause I'm annoyed at this baseless assumption that Maul is somehow a chump thanks to a single poorly written book that you read about him.

Edited by StarSquirrel