The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Part of the Temple Guardian Chest Color is off (Edit)

The large "V" shape in the center of the Temple Guardian chest should be the color of the shoulder pads like in the concept art and should take the secondary dye slot as the shoulder pads do when dyes are applied.

EDIT: I was wrong, the concept art does not show them (shoulder pads and "V" shape cloth) as identical in color. However, making the change so they match would make the chest look better and closer to the concept art.

Edited by crubel

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SWTOR_TempleGuardianRobes.jpg

vs

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/swtor-temple-guardian-armor-set-2.jpg

The entire set is a mess. What was the point of teasing anyone with super-cool pictures and secrecy about it? :/ Tulak Hord set is great and almost matches the sketch.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Had they done it exactly like the concept, the tertiary color issues probably would have been even worse. Can't have it all. Honestly, this one is pretty close to the concept overall and one of the better sets in terms of details not being lost up close. Edited by Prototypemind

I like some of the pieces in this set, but there are other parts that I don't care for. Not a big fan of the chest piece because of the lower part of it. I would use the headpiece and the gloves as part of another set except for one thing, the gold accents don't change no matter what the dye is. If you can dye some other metal pieces on other sets, you should be able to do it on this one. I wish the gloves and helmet could be dyed fully, but even with black/black dye, the gold metal work on the mask and the finger tips on the gloves is off putting if you pair it next to the new Remulus body armor which has silver metal pieces that also don't change color.

The Temple Guardian Robes are fine. Don't change them. Make a totally different set instead, if you really have to.

Please don't screw up the existing robes, which dye perfectly, with weird color blocking and please don't add bizarre clipping front flaps or take away the neat robe part of the top.

There is nothing functionally wrong with the Temple Guardian set. Leave it alone. Thanks!