Global OPS LFG channel

Icestar

This game really needs a global OPS LFG channel.

Then we can do whatever we like and when a team look for groupmembers to a ops they can announce it there.

I am not a fan of any open global channels, as they almost immediately become nothing but a magnet for spammers and rarely are they used for their intended purpose.

I understand the desire to be able to advertise for groups on a global scale, but I do not think an open global channel is the best way to make that happen.

I would prefer to see a system in which a group leader could select from several drop down menus, choosing what OP/FP, story mode, hard mode, nightmare mode, how many of each role are needed, any additional requirements such as achievement needed, know fights, well geared, etc., and then have the system send the global message. That way it could still be a global advertising, but it would not be an open global channel to attract all the spammers.

• 9 months later...

That's a good idea or have a system like guild wars 2 where they can select what they need for the ops or group and for what content. Then people who are looking for an ops or group can open a panel and choose to see all groups looking for people or filter to select a specific ops that are looking for people.

We just need to eliminate the need to sit at fleet to find a PUG group. I can easily sit there for hours before finding an ops. I would much rather be doing dailies or anything else other than sitting at fleet.

I think the group finder works great for flashpoints but it is terrible for ops groups.

Actually if you're on the Prophecy of the 5 server, there is a global Ops chan. It's used only for pugging Ops.

You can create your own channels on serves, I don't know how it's done. But there is a LOT of members of that channel, both sides.

The spammers & trolls haven't found it yet either. It's been up for over a year now. You actually will get called out if you use it for something other than it's intended purpose. lol

Hmmm I don't think JC has one though someone may correct but I am unaware of one right now. Solution for GS: Make it only accessible at level 50 and have a Sub or Ops pass (As lower levels and those who can't play ops wouldn't need to see it)