Robes, Capes and MOUNTS

Anzel

Come on guys, the game has been out for a while now. Can you please do something about robes and capes clipping through mounts? You have a terrible cosmetic problem with a piece of content that is purely cosmetic.

I would just like to see it fixed. Heck, I would just like them to acknowledge it.

They do have it listed on the known issues thread - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=733212

•Robes clip through vehicles and creature mounts.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Talk about missing the point! The preview window uses a different and much simpler animation technique that is (apparently) not viable in-game. You completely missed that.

Talk about missing the point of what I said! That's pretty much exactly what I meant. The developers made a decision to not use an animation technique that is not viable. You completely misunderstood what I was saying. My point was that they probably could implement it, but it wouldn't really look right if the cape/robe was stationary while riding around.

Edited by Flaniganican

not as bad as going with that said speeder and robe on planets with grass, and watch s#&t grow before you.

when is that draw distance gonna be fixed anyway?

You mean like

?

The fix does exists:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings.ini

FarClipScale = 3.9371195

Only issue being BioWare locked the parameter in the code now so the game is overwriting any value you set on the client side.

Have you tried making the client_setting file as read only to stop the changes ? (haven't tested if this is the case recently)

Does nothing anymore, at least for me and all people I read reports since 2013 I think.

I blame the people who designed the ARPAnet, although it is not really their fault.

The designers of ARPAnet were designing a limited-access communication network for the military that did not need to support the kind of real-time interaction seen in games, and did not have to resist DDOS attacks because who was allowed to connect to the network was very limited (I remember when GE's Corporate R&D lab was given permission to connect a single computer to it. :)). On the plus side, ARPAnet would continue to function reliably even after a large number of the links and nodes were annihilated by a nuclear war (which was the entire point of it really).

Then commercial users (like GE) started seeing how useful networking was, and since all the ARPAnet protocols were already developed and proven, they used those protocols to create the civilian Internet. Big mistake, and one we are still suffering from.

If the Internet had been instead based on, say, the Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) networking technology being developed by the telcos, things would have been very different.

Whoa, an intelligent and informative post that actually taught me something on SWTOR.com today. Wow, thats amazing. Thank you for sharing this tidbit of knowledge. And no I'm not trolling, I'm being serious. xD