Force sensitive alpha class

hoaxburn

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. I've been in warzones with more than one sniper and I quote what other team group say "damn those sniper are to strong" we did a warzone with 4 snipers and we couldn't win that one in the end, and im sure I had some really good pvp players in my team. ill repeat what I have been saying the snipers do way to much dps before u can ever reach one. and its obvious a sniper with up close combat is useless but that is IF u can ever reach one in time to kill it. and if u do reach one I promise u wont have more than 50 percent HP

I must be playing wrong, then. I get to snipers at above 50% health all the time, and when I'm playing on my sniper, plenty of people get to me at above 50% health.

Clearly one of us needs to learn to play.

yes. I've been in warzones with more than one sniper and I quote what other team group say "damn those sniper are to strong" we did a warzone with 4 snipers and we couldn't win that one in the end, and im sure I had some really good pvp players in my team. ill repeat what I have been saying the snipers do way to much dps before u can ever reach one. and its obvious a sniper with up close combat is useless but that is IF u can ever reach one in time to kill it. and if u do reach one I promise u wont have more than 50 percent HP

I have a 55 Sent, I have a 55 mara, I have a 55 Sniper.

I say.. WAH.

As a sniper yes, I can tear up sents and maras, but if I am not paying attention a Sin/Shadow can rip the crap out of me in no time flat and I have very little chance of escape with how reslience (doesn't) work.

I think Combat spec Sents need help. I really agree with you they aren't where they used to be or where they should be, but its not a goal that should be reached by neutering another class. Even with the bonuses to pushing through armour etc, a Sniper against a DPS specced guardian/Jugg/Vanguard/Powertech isn't end in the jug/guardian having 50% of their health, or less, before they can reach the sniper.

learn to play, spend time playing EACH of the classes in PVP and learn what role best suits each class and then use that role. As a sent, if you are attacking the snipers, you are an idiot.

• 1 month later...
give us an ability like Darth Vader did to Han solo when he tried to shot him. it was in KOTOR II and in episode V. a force sensitive can deflect laser shots with his bare hand and use the force to take away your gun. (yet I don't have those abilities.)

Uh... Darth Vader didn't have to use the Force to deflect the bolts. Darth Vader's gloves were said to be indestructable.

Uh... Darth Vader didn't have to use the Force to deflect the bolts. Darth Vader's gloves were said to be indestructable.

Yeesh...necro'ing a month and a half dead thread. Although at least its just some trivia about Vader as opposed to more whining about wanting an "I WIN" button.

Yeesh...necro'ing a month and a half dead thread. Although at least its just some trivia about Vader as opposed to more whining about wanting an "I WIN" button.

Yeah I hate the way Snipers have the advantage over Sentinels, but why whine about it on the forums? Me, I just whine to my friends that way I don't get trolled.

sometimes I do wonder why is there even a sniper in the game. I do have an agent and the only reason I would be a sniper is to unlock the buff they carry that's it. if they were able to NERF down the glorious Sentinel alpha class (because to many players complaining. "they are to powerful" "they cannot be killed" ) I's sure they car NERF your snipers down just a tat. just 1 tat that's its just to restore "balance" to the game. if they did it to us Im sure they can do it to u if i cry loud enough. umm I've been playing the game for some years now. I loose some I win some I don't think I suck at PVP nor am I the greatest PVP in the game. but the sniper class has and unfair advantage to force sensitive. yeah of course snipers can go hide somewhere and shoot away and you'll never know where its coming from. but why not make force sensitive class just like it is in the star wars universe. give us an ability like Darth Vader did to Han solo when he tried to shot him. it was in KOTOR II and in episode V. a force sensitive can deflect laser shots with his bare hand and use the force to take away your gun. (yet I don't have those abilities.) Even in the SWTOR Video u see Satele Shan use her bare hand to deflect that LIGHTSABER. face it JEDI and SITH should be alpha classes they have unlimited power and if levitating objects with your mind doesn't make u god then I don't know what does. Im sure u must be a sniper and right now u are loving sniping us away but one day you will be NERF!!!

70% nerf on orbital strike ...we had our nerf. No other class has had that percentage of a nerf done. WE also had our FB nerfed since it now only effects 1 person rather than 5. If you want to give force users those abilities then give snipers the range that they have in the SWU. After all if you have your abilities we should be able to shoot across the map and commandos and mercs should have at least a range of 100m if we are going by the SWU. We dont because its called game balance. Of course going by SWU lore that cannon the commando has would do obscene amounts of damage as well since its basically a gatling gun with an integral grenade launcher. Force users arent all that even in the SWU. They cant jump 30m up like they can in the game (its closer to 10m) and if you read the books not every jedi or sith has the same powers or even the same skill with said powers they do have. One jedi couldnt even force lift a large rock,he did however have the knack for illusions so it look like the rocked lifted.

Seems to me that the OP is missing a rather critical point in his argumentation. The Trooper isn't a trooper, just as the Bounty hunter isn't a bounty hunter, the agent a agent and smuggler a smuggler. They are legends of their time having overcome incredible odds and shown remarkable resilience, making them eventually able to go toe to toe with even really good force-users in combat and even succeed, where ordinary men and women would fail assuredly.

The force-user classes are all also notiable, force-users that achive incredible things. But compared to the true "alphas" of the Star Wars universe, such as Yoda, Luke, Ragnos etc., they are insignificant. The PC's merely a master a single combat-form or use of force-power, where the "alphas" proper, transformed and molded fighting with the force, effectively mastering several fighting forms and being able to accomplish feats of strenght using their force powers, that made them "gods-amongst-men" even compared to their fellow force-users. In short: You are not Yoda/ Ragnos/ Sadow etc., you are "Bob from accounting" compared to these guys... Which is why it is entirely realistic that those legendary non-force user warriors are able to go toe-with-toe with you, and even "wipe-the-floor" with you, if you let them dictate the terms of the fight.

You are not Yoda/ Ragnos/ Sadow etc., you are "Bob from accounting" compared to these guys... Which is why it is entirely realistic that those legendary non-force user warriors are able to go toe-with-toe with you, and even "wipe-the-floor" with you, if you let them dictate the terms of the fight.

Dictating the terms of the fight has nothing to do with it. Some classes simply have a base advantage that renders them virtually unbeatable to other classes. This whole thread started from one guy whining that his Sentinel couldn't beat a Sniper.

Dictating the terms of the fight has nothing to do with it. Some classes simply have a base advantage that renders them virtually unbeatable to other classes. This whole thread started from one guy whining that his Sentinel couldn't beat a Sniper.

Name me one class combo that would honestly have such a huge advantage over the other, as to win regardless of circumstances?

Dictating the terms of the fight has everything to do with your chances of winning a 1v1, especially if you're able to dictate such that the strengths of your class will be favored and the weakness of the others is excerbated. E.g. said sentinel fighting the sniper in a spot where his knockbacks wouldn't push him significantly away would make the sniper lose pretty much all advantage he'd otherwise have over a sentinel or other melee-based class. Strengths and weaknesses is a relative thing in this game, but if you insist on fighting an opponent in a way that makes him strong and yourself weak, then yes you'll probably encounter "virtually unbeatable" classes, but that's not really the games fault

If they were to make the Force Users (Jedi & Sith) to be like how they are "supposed" to be, then they would HAVE to do the same for Agents, Hunters, Smugglers & Troopers. If they did that, then Snipers would become even more deadly. Can't kill what you can't see and you can't see the Sniper when they are FAR away. Also, not every Jedi or Sith had precognition to know when an attack was coming before it was too late, not to mention, we'd wait until you were on your Speeder to kill you ;).

I can give several examples of Jedi falling who didn't posses precognition until it was WAY too late.

Ki Adi, no precognition. Didn't realize what was going on until he was literally trapped between a rock [Droids] and a hard place [Clones].

Plo Koon, blown out of the sky

Stass Allie, bike blown up

Aalya Secura, shot in the back

Oh, and before anyone points out that Kenobi survived his ambush, it should be noted that they hit the cliff and not Kenobi directly.

Name me one class combo that would honestly have such a huge advantage over the other, as to win regardless of circumstances?

Dictating the terms of the fight has everything to do with your chances of winning a 1v1, especially if you're able to dictate such that the strengths of your class will be favored and the weakness of the others is excerbated. E.g. said sentinel fighting the sniper in a spot where his knockbacks wouldn't push him significantly away would make the sniper lose pretty much all advantage he'd otherwise have over a sentinel or other melee-based class. Strengths and weaknesses is a relative thing in this game, but if you insist on fighting an opponent in a way that makes him strong and yourself weak, then yes you'll probably encounter "virtually unbeatable" classes, but that's not really the games fault

I didn't say it was, but needless to say in the Sniper-Sentinel debacle that is frequently used, it's just impossible. Unless you ambush the Sniper from atop a ridge so your back is to a wall there's really no way to move them since Sentinel has no knockback. Also ambushing the Sniper would be extraordinarily difficult since you would have to either Force Leap to him as he was traveling or circle around behind him while he was in cover. The latter of which all the while avoiding getting ambushed yourself which requires an extreme sense of your surrounding and should you get ambushed, enough thinking on your feet that you don't get kited.

Aside from this, the two undefeated scenarios I've seen gave the Sentinel no way out.

First one: Novare Coast. The Sniper attacked him while set up with a hill to his back and front. This means that in order to reach him the Sentinel had to run downhill and across the plain. Naturally of course the Sniper would be eager to exploit his range and would likely be spamming Snipe to chip away at the Sentinel's health. When the Sentinel finally reched him he would be immediately knocked back and rooted by Cover Pulse. In order to avert this the Sentinel would had have to have run past the Sniper and got the hill to his back, by which time he would likely be dead from Takedown.

Second one: The Voidstar. The Sniper set up his cover atop the partition between the doors in the Reactor Coor room. This neutralized the Sentinel's Force Leap and prevented him from mounting any sort of counterattack. This could really be used in any warzone too. All the Sniper has to do is find a ledge and there is no way a Jedi Knight Sentinel or Guardian would have been able to defeat him.

Yes, I am aware that I just confirmed your dictating the terms of engagement. It's not a matter of choosing where you fight, because half the time you don't get to make that choice and have to make the best of a bad situation, which usually involves either running away like a coward, killing yourself to avoid being humiliated, or being humiliated.

If they were to make the Force Users (Jedi & Sith) to be like how they are "supposed" to be, then they would HAVE to do the same for Agents, Hunters, Smugglers & Troopers. If they did that, then Snipers would become even more deadly. /QUOTE]

No they wouldn't. A typical Jedi would see the shot coming and deflect it. An advanced Jedi would deflect the shot straight back at the Sniper.

If they were to make the Force Users (Jedi & Sith) to be like how they are "supposed" to be, then they would HAVE to do the same for Agents, Hunters, Smugglers & Troopers. If they did that, then Snipers would become even more deadly. /QUOTE]

No they wouldn't. A typical Jedi would see the shot coming and deflect it. An advanced Jedi would deflect the shot straight back at the Sniper.

unless you know jacen solos time travel trick than there are ways to beat the normal jedi danger sense so no boom head shot from 500m away still works they just have to have the training to hide the intent from those arrogant glow stick jockeys.

I didn't say it was, but needless to say in the Sniper-Sentinel debacle that is frequently used, it's just impossible. Unless you ambush the Sniper from atop a ridge so your back is to a wall there's really no way to move them since Sentinel has no knockback. Also ambushing the Sniper would be extraordinarily difficult since you would have to either Force Leap to him as he was traveling or circle around behind him while he was in cover. The latter of which all the while avoiding getting ambushed yourself which requires an extreme sense of your surrounding and should you get ambushed, enough thinking on your feet that you don't get kited.

Aside from this, the two undefeated scenarios I've seen gave the Sentinel no way out.

First one: Novare Coast. The Sniper attacked him while set up with a hill to his back and front. This means that in order to reach him the Sentinel had to run downhill and across the plain. Naturally of course the Sniper would be eager to exploit his range and would likely be spamming Snipe to chip away at the Sentinel's health. When the Sentinel finally reched him he would be immediately knocked back and rooted by Cover Pulse. In order to avert this the Sentinel would had have to have run past the Sniper and got the hill to his back, by which time he would likely be dead from Takedown.

Second one: The Voidstar. The Sniper set up his cover atop the partition between the doors in the Reactor Coor room. This neutralized the Sentinel's Force Leap and prevented him from mounting any sort of counterattack. This could really be used in any warzone too. All the Sniper has to do is find a ledge and there is no way a Jedi Knight Sentinel or Guardian would have been able to defeat him.

Yes, I am aware that I just confirmed your dictating the terms of engagement. It's not a matter of choosing where you fight, because half the time you don't get to make that choice and have to make the best of a bad situation, which usually involves either running away like a coward, killing yourself to avoid being humiliated, or being humiliated.

Yes, sometimes you do indeed have to "take the hit" and respawn, so that your teammates (hopefully) can take out that person instead of you. However knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your opponent class and your own is vital to succes in PvP, aswell as cooperating with your fellow teammembers (e.g. you being "stunlocked" and killed, might indeed be entirely beneficial for your team, if your teammates takes advantage of the lack of stuns, due to overuse). For snipers and slingers they are indeed very difficult to fight if they get to both remain stationary and have their opponents run straight through their kill-zone. No doubt about that. Unless you have the cooldowns to mitigate the damage they put out, enough to get you into melee range, you will properly die (if you insist on trying to fight on such favorable terms for them). And yes, sometimes it will be hard to avoid. However, the sniper is actually extremely weak when he's not able to remain stationary in cover and with "hunker down" (can't remember what the sniper version is called), making it a class that can be "exploited" in several ways, with enough practice. Being able to correctly identify and save all stuns/cc/mez etc for when "hunker down" isn't up, is vital to succeeding against them in a 1v1 situation and when you can do this without fault aswell as making it as hard as possible for them to just remain stationary and have you run through their kill-zones, they actually become a relatively simple class to beat.

Most common mistake I see, is sentinel and guardians trying to beat them as they would a PvE encounter. Thinking that damage output and closing the distance asap is the key to victory, which unfortunately couldn't be further from the truth. But yes they are annoying, but with practice and a bit of understanding of how they work and their weaknesses, they are far from impossible to beat.

AND when said Jedi is busy dealing with other SIth and Bounty Hunters... Doubt they'd be able to block the lone shot coming from ##M away.

A good jedi/sith would be able to tear apart 95% of the rest of the JOBS (not classes) and sub-par jedi/sith in the game. So don't even get me started. This game needs to toss balance out the airlock and just let us have fun.

Go read the Darth Bane trilogy or Force Unleashed 1/2 books if you want an idea.

A good jedi/sith would be able to tear apart 95% of the rest of the JOBS (not classes) and sub-par jedi/sith in the game. So don't even get me started. This game needs to toss balance out the airlock and just let us have fun.

Go read the Darth Bane trilogy or Force Unleashed 1/2 books if you want an idea.

No this is not a single player game. MMO's need balance.

Ah but what about those Jedi & Sith who have fallen to Non-Force Users throughout Star Wars Lore? Jedi & Sith aren't all-powerful Gods that can't die

Edited by Altyrell

Yes, sometimes you do indeed have to "take the hit" and respawn, so that your teammates (hopefully) can take out that person instead of you. However knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your opponent class and your own is vital to succes in PvP, aswell as cooperating with your fellow teammembers (e.g. you being "stunlocked" and killed, might indeed be entirely beneficial for your team, if your teammates takes advantage of the lack of stuns, due to overuse). For snipers and slingers they are indeed very difficult to fight if they get to both remain stationary and have their opponents run straight through their kill-zone. No doubt about that. Unless you have the cooldowns to mitigate the damage they put out, enough to get you into melee range, you will properly die (if you insist on trying to fight on such favorable terms for them). And yes, sometimes it will be hard to avoid. However, the sniper is actually extremely weak when he's not able to remain stationary in cover and with "hunker down" (can't remember what the sniper version is called), making it a class that can be "exploited" in several ways, with enough practice. Being able to correctly identify and save all stuns/cc/mez etc for when "hunker down" isn't up, is vital to succeeding against them in a 1v1 situation and when you can do this without fault aswell as making it as hard as possible for them to just remain stationary and have you run through their kill-zones, they actually become a relatively simple class to beat.

Most common mistake I see, is sentinel and guardians trying to beat them as they would a PvE encounter. Thinking that damage output and closing the distance asap is the key to victory, which unfortunately couldn't be further from the truth. But yes they are annoying, but with practice and a bit of understanding of how they work and their weaknesses, they are far from impossible to beat.

I wish you wouldn't use the phrase "If you insist" it makes it sound like you are insulting the problem player.