The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Map Uncover

corcode

I think this would be a great Cartel Market item.

I would like to see an unlockable toggle for the fog of war on our maps where you can buy an unlock that makes it so that if you have discovered an area and uncovered it on your map with one character any other characters on your legacy will also have that area uncovered on the map but to get the xp and achievements for uncovering the area that has to be done per character.

The perk would only allow the map to be visible. This is why I suggest it to be a toggle. So that you can toggle it off if you want to see where you still need to discover on new characters for the xp or achievements.

I know the tech exists for the toggle because we had it in beta up until one of the later beta patches. It would just need to be adapted to be unlock through a Cartel Market purchase.

Edited by corcode

• 3 weeks later...

Since most of my toons are 55, I would definitely get it since exploring for XP at 55 is kinda pointless and the exploring achievements already legacy related. Would also go for lore objects and codex entries (Locations, Bestiary, Organizations, persons of note) being legacy finds, such a pain to run around on 10+ toons to uncover entire maps and picking up all the lore objects and codex entries.

Don't see how datacrons could be done legacy wide so not having my hopes too high ;)

The other codex entries would save lots of hassle.

I think this would be a great Cartel Market item.

I would like to see an unlockable toggle for the fog of war on our maps where you can buy an unlock that makes it so that if you have discovered an area and uncovered it on your map with one character any other characters on your legacy will also have that area uncovered on the map but to get the xp and achievements for uncovering the area that has to be done per character.

The perk would only allow the map to be visible. This is why I suggest it to be a toggle. So that you can toggle it off if you want to see where you still need to discover on new characters for the xp or achievements.

I know the tech exists for the toggle because we had it in beta up until one of the later beta patches. It would just need to be adapted to be unlock through a Cartel Market purchase.

Okay, though I know next to nothing about programming the issues we've seen with the Achievement system so far, make me doubt whether BW could pull that off.

This is a wonderful idea if you're starting over with new toons all your legacy is not all the way up to 55 yet this is a great idea I support it I hate having to repeat the map myself on different characters

I would definatly buy this as I find it quite frustrating sometimes when you are trying to go to a map point and when you're half way there the map opens up and you find you have to travel the other way around map to get there.

Had me pulling my hair out on may occasions :D

• 3 weeks later...
I don't mind the idea very much but you don't get the EXP if you get this each time you discover something if you do get this Legacy, you do realize. It's not a whole lot of EXP anyway but the fact you get a little helps and makes you wanna explore more locations and etc. So what i'm getting at is your idea is a double-sided sword in one hand yeah it's great to see a whole view of the map but at the same time you lose the option to discover locations for EXP.