Sick of teamspeak in pvp...

Darthanimus

I'd like to see an argument for using voip that did not claim that it is not used to gain a tactical advantage over the other team and did not resort to the use of pejoratives to describe solo queuers.

I can promise you when I PvP and my guildie are in voice together we still just ******** around. We type in ops chat (gasp) anything that needs to be said that way the rest if the team has a chance to react as well. We are in TS/mumble because we enjoy chatting and being social because... Ya know... It's an MMO :rolleyes: what's the point in not being social with the guild you are in?

Edited by Rowdieranger

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laugh if you use are a part of a voip using premade, and cry if you are not.

ummm, I rarely premade, and even when I do, half of that time I ain't on voip, and I still get wins in pug groups, and I ain't crying at all

I can promise you when I PvP and my guildie are in voice together we still just ******** around. We type in ops chat (gasp) anything that needs to be said that way the rest if the team has a chance to react as well.

So do you actually refrain from informing your buddies about the situation over voip, or do you tell them and then type in ops chat for others to see as well?

If you tell then type, you do actually gain a tactical advantage from that. You also gain an advantage if you ever chat about who to focus, who needs heals, etc.

Please can the developers listen to my concerns and introduce a verbal communications element to the game so we can level the playing field....its not fair if one side is using TS and the other isnt and doesnt know about it....its the life blood of a premade....Thanks

A lot of games usually don't do it to avoid trolls and angry prepubescent kids from ruining everyone else's fun. You end up having a bunch of crazy uncoordinated pugs yelling each other down, cursing, sexually harassing and yelling racist slurs. I saw one dayz stream and it was full of all of the above. I stopped watching after some group started yelling about "sending a n-word friend back to the cotton fields". Voice is much harder to police than text.

So do you actually refrain from informing your buddies about the situation over voip, or do you tell them and then type in ops chat for others to see as well?

If you tell then type, you do actually gain a tactical advantage from that. You also gain an advantage if you ever chat about who to focus, who needs heals, etc.

We just type, why would I stop our conversations over a call out? We type everything out because there are a bunch of conversations going on at once.

We just type, why would I stop our conversations over a call out? We type everything out because there are a bunch of conversations going on at once.

I'd like to see a video of you doing this. Do you ever record your matches?

Only ranked matches, but if you aren't using voice chat in ranked you deserve to lose. What's the point of recording regs o.O

So you do use voip in order to help you win after all. Thanks, that's all that I wanted to know.

So you do use voip in order to help you win after all. Thanks, that's all that I wanted to know.

We do in ranked where everybody is in voips, I dare you to go I to team ranked with your team not in voice, we don't do it in regs because there is no need to. It's just a bunch of random people who don't know the difference between east and west, if you want to get rid of voice in ranked you might as well get rid of voice in NIM ops too.

you cannot block teamspeak or whatever other chat people use

the only thing you can really do is a solo "only" queue where sync-joining won't work

solo queue where no matter "when u join" it will start a 1 to 5 min countdown in which the system gather all the player that want to play solo and then after 5 min he start a game with the best match possible

including a rank/class selection and picking low lvl and high lvl at same time balancing them

this and cross-server queue

all the rest wont work

I'd like to see an argument for using voip that did not claim that it is not used to gain a tactical advantage over the other team

Of course you would.

In reality though, at least in regs we're all discussing what we saw on TV, and other trivial stuff. Because let's face it - rolling your average PUG is ridiculously easy. No communication required.

Your average pugger thinks 800 dps/hps is *high*, and is so tunnel visioned that anything happening outside of a 90 degree cone in front of them is practically invisible.

Edited by Jherad

Nerf coordination. lol.

In all reality, most people shoot the bull in mumble/ts etc during regs. It passes the time and is a hell of a lot more interesting to talk about than how terrible the team or opposing team is. In ranked, yeah obviously it's needed, just as in progression raiding.

Welcome to MMOs?

We do in ranked where everybody is in voips, I dare you to go I to team ranked with your team not in voice, we don't do it in regs because there is no need to. It's just a bunch of random people who don't know the difference between east and west, if you want to get rid of voice in ranked you might as well get rid of voice in NIM ops too.

Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to ease your conscience. I guess as long as you can sleep at night then everything is ok.

Nerf coordination. lol.

In all reality, most people shoot the bull in mumble/ts etc during regs. It passes the time and is a hell of a lot more interesting to talk about than how terrible the team or opposing team is. In ranked, yeah obviously it's needed, just as in progression raiding.

Welcome to MMOs?

No, just limit group coordination to group queues and make separate solo only queues for solo players.

Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to ease your conscience. I guess as long as you can sleep at night then everything is ok.

what!? way to be over-dramatic. Its grouping up for pvp IN AN MMO, not pickpocketing you followed by kicking you in the nuts and then twice in the head.

Yeah I think it would be much more fun to not use vocal in ranked so we can just focus randomly again other teams focusing randomly... what's the purpose of team ranked again ?

This topic is not about the use of voip in ranked, it's about groups using it against solo queuers in regular warzones.

Some of the people responding to this topic are trying to sell us on the idea that even though the use voip in regular warzones, it does not provide them with a tactical advantage. They can try to sell me on this idea all that they want, but I am just not buying it.

Limit group coordination.... in grouped gameplay? I don't see them separating the queues in that way.

They probably won't, but I think that they should. Just like they probably wont ever give us cross server queues, but that does not mean that the shouldn't.

This topic is not about the use of voip in ranked, it's about groups using it against solo queuers in regular warzones.

Some of the people responding to this topic are trying to sell us on the idea that even though the use voip in regular warzones, it does not provide them with a tactical advantage. They can try to sell me on this idea all that they want, but I am just not buying it.

Try to sell you the idea eh? People have explained it, but I doubt anyone gaf whether you buy it or not. Like everyone who whines about voip in pvp you sound like you've never even used it.

Edited by Joesixxpack

And yet you are judging me for saying we use voips in ranked? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

They probably won't, but I think that they should. Just like they probably wont ever give us cross server queues, but that does not mean that the shouldn't.

I don't really think they should separate the queues. It's regular matches and little more than a side activity in this game. If people want to group together let them, if not then no biggie. I thought this was about voice chat, not premades?