Xi'ao - Rycer - Domination - The Shadowlands - 139.58 dps

Gunship and overall domination:

Xi'ao - Mangler - Domination - The Shadowlands - 180.57 dps

Edited by Fractalsponge

Scout domination:

Mae'thon - Flashfire - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 98929 Damage

Scout TDM:

Mae'thon - Flashfire - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 109234 Damage

(We're ok with me representing my main's guild on the pub alt I rarely play, right? It's one of the only ways to keep track of alts on the current leaderboard anyway...)

Stop having a tiny chat window, stop having a tiny life.

Also, timestamps, yo.

The smaller the chat window the larger the damage your guns do, didn't you know? Adds a +5% chance to crit and a +8% chance to be accused of hacking and a +20% damage to your guns per size smaller.

Edited by tommmsunb

Guys, I have some bad news. Due to real life stuffs (but mostly Destiny), I'm formally stepping down as OP of this board. I don't really fly anymore (not that I don't like it, but I just don't really have time to.), and I think it would make a little more sense for someone who still does GSF to update this thread. I appreciate the support you guys gave me when I re-started the thread, and hope that the Op of the new thread (I'm guessing either Nemarus, Xi'ao or Drak will take over) will continue to gain the same support and respect I received.

Thanks everyone for the fun, and may the force be with you! ;)

(Note to the future ops: If you make this into a google docs, I'l maybe update here or there if you guys want to do that. Though trying to figure out how to format it was a pain. Just do whatever is easier.)

(Other note: I did say earlier I would be streaming from time to time, and never did. I might actually do it if pops actually come from time to time. I'll keep you guys posted about that.)

(Last note: This thread was NOT updated :D)

Edited by Camelpockets

You always did a great job, CP. Thank you for all the hard work and patience, and keeping things lively around here...

... that being said... Destiny? Really? It has no story, miserly loot, no soul at all, repetitive fights against enemies with way too many hitpoints...great skyboxes I guess.

As for taking over, I would be willing to maintain a thread, though I'd likely mix up the format a bit. I had once proposed having larger leaderboards for each category: 1-12... but the catch would be that each category could only have one of each ship variant in it (and still only one record per player).

So imagine a DPS record might look something like this (all names/values random):

1. Yuuko-san - Flashfire - 270 DPS

2. X'iao - Quarrel - 240 DPS

3. Shayd - Blackbolt - 197 DPS

4. Ar'mond - Razorwire - 168 DPS

5. Kintosi - Clarion - 158 DPS

6. Aimbot - Jurgoran - 156 DPS

7. Scrab - Dustmaker - 147 DPS

8. Pylan - Pike - 130 DPS

9. Courtney - Starguard - 127 DPS

10. Cynfor - Bloodmark - 107 DPS

11. Camelpockets - Razorwire - 100 DPS

12. Paowee - Warcarrier - 98 DPS

My thinking is that, apart from allowing a greater variety of people to fill a board, it encourages people to try different ships in order to get a record spot. We've been at this long enough that mixing it up a bit can't hurt, right?

As for record categories, I'd probably slim that down a little too...

TDM-50 (Win or Loss)

Kills + Assists

Solo Kills

Total Damage

DPS

TDM-End by Time

Kills + Assists (straight, no percentage)

Solo Kills

Total Damage

DPS

Domination

Kills + Assists

Solo Kills

Total Damage

DPS

Total Objective

Medals

Would you guys be interested in this? Any suggestions?

Would you guys be interested in this? Any suggestions?

>Ar'mond on a Razorwire

top lel

Other than that, I kind of like the idea of displaying different records for different ship types. Unfortunately, it has one major flaw: it's encouraging me to fly what I don't find fun, because otherwise I'm flat out not placing for most categories. Sure, I could fly my Rycer and make a few records... but I'm just not in the mood for that most of the time. You also have limited play time, you know how it is.

I can't speak for others, but for me personally, that's the only thing that's keeping me from putting a number up in the empty spaces under bombers and strikes. I can't say as I personally would be encouraged to fly something other than my usual in the hopes of setting a record. If I wanted to do that, I'd be doing it already. But I just don't respect some of the records we have up there. Two solo kills in a bomber? Twelve medals? I could beat that, but who cares? Big fish, little pond.

And it's not just me, I think. A guy named Fripic held the world record for speedrunning Dishonored All Collectibles with a horrible time he knew he could shorten by minutes, especially as new clips and such were found, but he flat out did not (perhaps still does not) care to run the category again to improve his time. It's not the way he wants to play the game, and no one had (has?) come close to challenging his time, so why bother?

There's another dealio I wanted to mention. It's hard for a casual observer to figure out who's an alt of whom. Even the people keeping up with the thread have made mistakes on that front (myself included). I'd be pretty stoked if names were listed as e.g. "Armonddd (as Mae'thon)", a format I've used in the past, in order to keep things straight.

Sorry for the rant, but those three points (displaying each ship type, respectability of certain records, and naming conventions) are things I think we should discuss, if only a little bit, before starting a new thread in earnest.