Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Slot Machines not so random

Deewe

Well I do know ( tested a few times last night and got it 3 times in a row today , more testing needed but it looks promising ) that after getting the feeling lucky buff and then going on a kingpin machine , if you don't run out of kingpin tokens or the buff runs out or lose then when the buff runs out you will get a golden certificate on that final go.

So yeah not so random that part it seems. I shall test it more.

You tested that a "few" times... and you think that is any manner of proof?

You'd need to run 15 or so before we can get any manner of confidence in the results. Come back when you have cataloged the play sequences for 15 runs.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do know ( tested a few times last night and got it 3 times in a row today , more testing needed but it looks promising ) that after getting the feeling lucky buff and then going on a kingpin machine , if you don't run out of kingpin tokens or the buff runs out or lose then when the buff runs out you will get a golden certificate on that final go.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Well I've disproved that theory numerous times... I've gone to the kingpin and rolled until my buff was out without getting anything at all on a number of times :(

You tested that a "few" times... and you think that is any manner of proof?

You'd need to run 150000 or so before we can get any manner of confidence in the results. Come back when you have cataloged the play sequences for 150000 runs.

fify

/5char

Edited by DOHboy

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Do the same 100 time in a row and then you may have a case.

Sorry man :(

am i missing something?

fify = fixed it for you

was just saying that

3 runs in nothing, 15 is a sample

100 runs begins a pattern

15,000 can start to discuss "random"

Use same for RE. I RE'd 20 items not one proc well thats just poor luck.

RE 10,000 items and see if you approach their 5%

from there go to 1 million items and you start to get server patterns and test local RNG

test 10 billion and you can probably approach a true random event and will see patterns of strings lasting 10 or 20 straight RE procs with strings of 1000's with out a proc. Random is random.

OP might as well say I stand on my head, cluck like a chicken, count to 30 before I hit the button and it works! I had 5 wins where you truly "random" would only expect 4.

Maybe it is just a gambling mentality thing, that people want to believe that there is a system they can exploit even in total randomness. I think I remember vaguely a study in which people who had the option to push a button while watching random numbers had the feeling of influencing those even though there was no connection...

Anyway, still have not been to Nar Shaddaa to play there at the slot machines, maybe I am just not interested enough in gambling in general.

So, randomly clicking 4+ machines as fast as possible is better? How exactly?

Edited by Halinalle

am i missing something?

fify = fixed it for you

was just saying that

from there go to 1 million items and you start to get server patterns and test local RNG

test 10 billion and you can probably approach a true random event and will see patterns of strings lasting 10 or 20 straight RE procs with strings of 1000's with out a proc. Random is random.

OP might as well say I stand on my head, cluck like a chicken, count to 30 before I hit the button and it works! I had 5 wins where you truly "random" would only expect 4.

Nevermind, I was tired and misread.

Obviously no one read my full post. Yeah I do know how to fully test theories but thank you though and as someone has tested it more then the theory is a non goer. Forums are so funny , read fully next time peeps. I still think there is something in it , maybe the buff is geared towards the mount jackpots and thus it avoids the golden certificate hence why I receive a golden certificate quite often when the buff runs out. Now go test that theory too if you like peeps.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Winning on the Kingpin machine causes the buff to expire, not the other way 'round.

was just saying that

If I remember correctly, we can start to give confidence intervals (75%?) on a true/false question after 15 samples. I wasn't trying to say that 15 would prove anything, just that you can't even start to talk about the chances of some event without having at least 15 samples.

am i missing something?

fify = fixed it for you

was just saying that

/Agree.

That said... every game of chance I have ever seen played by humans... there are humans playing that are convinced that they know a gimmick to beat the odds, or that the odds are not randomized correctly (simply because they did not win). Heh... I remember way back in the early days of WoW... people claiming that carrying a rabbit's foot (a random critter drop in the game) would improve your odds on things in game.

If I remember correctly, we can start to give confidence intervals (75%?) on a true/false question after 15 samples. I wasn't trying to say that 15 would prove anything, just that you can't even start to talk about the chances of some event without having at least 15 samples.

oh I know, and for a simple coin flip probably 15 is enough to get passed patterns and have reasonable confidence. Was more a FYI to everyone else that thinks small chains of events points to larger issues.

You've really got my interest piqued because I thought I'd been around ...

Just how many games of chance have you seen that weren't being played by humans?

(Can't help thinking of Cassius Marcellus Coolidge's Dogs Playing Poker) :D

I'm pretty sure the squirrels in my neighborhood are playing a game of chance called 'Will that crazy lady run me over today?' when they run out in the street. At least I'd like to think they were betting each other about not being hit by a car.

Winning on the Kingpin machine causes the buff to expire, not the other way 'round.

When it expires naturally silly. Roll the wheel at that point has given me many golden certificates but no mounts.

Cheers ,

BadOrb.

Exactly.

so the fact they pretty much disagreed with everything you just said, you agree with them?

clicking is completely independent of the animation, infact when I DO click the animation tends to reorient itself to align with the outcome.

so the fact they pretty much disagreed with everything you just said, you agree with them?

clicking is completely independent of the animation, infact when I DO click the animation tends to reorient itself to align with the outcome.

The way it works is at the moment you click if the animations aren't aligned then you loose.

So we are both right, in the way once you click the outcome is set.

The way it works is at the moment you click if the animations aren't aligned then you loose.

So we are both right, in the way once you click the outcome is set.

Sounds like snake oil to me.

Can anyone else besides Deewe corroborate this fact? Particularly seeing this post:

I've clicked with both dead center, and had it finish when I win with both dead center, and neither produced a jackpot. The arrow pointing to any part of the edge wins, and what you win is determined by RNG, not where it finishes.

Which would tend to indicate Deewe's theory is wrong.

Sounds like snake oil to me.

Can anyone else besides Deewe corroborate this fact? Particularly seeing this post:

Which would tend to indicate Deewe's theory is wrong.

My theory is more about loosing if you are out of the exterior part when clicking.

For the center I did win either with center aligned with center or edge with center.

Now I would not be surprised if the center aligned with edges was more to a jackpot win as more dangerous...

Edited by Deewe

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I did notice that when I had 5-10 kingpin tokens saved and then ran to machine with buff it was almost always hitting right before the buff expired or on my last token. This was not always the case, but i noticed it frequently enough i played it that way and ended up with 57 certs (1.7m spent) could be coincidence but interesting you noticed a similar pattern.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.