I have to be honest about this event

Nickious

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for about an hour and won a cool 50's looking black mount. It was the only thing I wanted so I am done with the event. It is a time waster...reminds me of fishing in wow.

Some players complain about long queue times for DPS (they are quite long tbh). So, 1+1=?

Played the slots for about 20 minutes two machines at a time and i was bored . The other people around me tho seemed to be enjoying it , to each there own.:eek:

"Cool graphics" aren't there just to look cool. There's more to it than just randomly clicking as many slot machines as possible. I can see why players who try to "play" 2 or 4 machines at the same time can get bored.

Edited by Halinalle

I usually don't like to put down developers for the work they do that adds features to the game but I have to be brutally honest. The event rewards are really cool but the event itself is....

SO MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING!!!!!

I get it is suppose to be a credit sink, but couldn't we have had something a bit more, well, fun to play? Hell, the losing streak I've had would have made the grind more bearable if it were some type of gambling that was fun. I have such a headache.

I have to agree sadly. There is only so much fun to be had by clicking. I feel like that guy that Tyrion was talking about in Game of Thrones.

"Smas' them credits, Smash 'em! ku ku ku..." I'm getting to the point of saying 'ku ku kuh' after each click lol. On the upside however, I finally ku ku ku'd my way to a rancor. :)

To be honest they could have put a little more effort into the slot machines... I mean the whole reason to play them IRL is for the little bonus mini games that rarely happen, but if they are not so damn loud, and colorful, and exciting, and...

umm...

AFK

/vegas

Actually you don't have to be honest. In fact, nobody is forcing you to open your piehole!

It's a public opinion forum, he's got a right to voice his thoughts on things, just like you. Why do you need to be rude? It's not like he criticized you.

The fun for me, besides winning the things I wanted to get and a few surprises, was playing with other guildies there. In TS, chatting, listening to music, joking with each other,ribbing those who didn't manage a win just yet, and just hanging out. Several, including myself, commented that we kept thinking of being those golden gray-haired girls with a bucket full of nickels in Vegas.

Beyond that, people were just having fun in Gen Chat. The atmosphere was far more relaxed than Fleet , zero political talk, no serious trolling, no Jawa films, and lots of players enjoying themselves and effusing congratulations or light hearted vitriol when someone took the big prizes.

For such a simple event, it's been really enjoyable.

Edited by Prototypemind

I wish the display on the machines was a bit more meaningful/easier to read, and that there were more of the Smuggler's Slots machines around the walls of the other Kingpin machines, since players like to double up on them, but otherwise the event is fine.

I do hope that in the future they keep adding a larger variety of games, and make permanent games that can be played for other prizes, while the event prizes are only up during the event.

To be honest, it's the best event from all of them.

No stupid daily lockout, no group searching for the H4, no stupid and boring trash mobs to kill.

Just a mini game thats differnt from the boring BioWare quest designs.

Have not tried it yet, but it just seems not that interesting, looked through Dulfy's page and there was nothing that convinced me that the event has anything I would like to have. Maybe when will try it eventually, but not as long as the quick travel and emergency fleet pass are back to normal, that annoys me just to much to even play the game.

Agreed. As a new player, I didn't see much in this expac that floated my boat, but I could see it appealing to some people. Nice to see the company still producing material, and as with any new expacs there will be some bugs to fix.

I tried for like 5 minutes, win token, win token, lost token, lost token, win 2 tokens, lost token, win token, lost token, what the heck is this? Bye

...........Gambling via slot machines? What exactly did you expect it to be? ô.o

And personally I... kinda like it tbh? But hey, I also liked playing the slot machines in pokémon so.... this is probably not all that surprising sigh. Got 5 certificates and spend about 120K for them so i guess i'm at least a little luckier than usual :'D

...........Gambling via slot machines? What exactly did you expect it to be? ô.o

And personally I... kinda like it tbh? But hey, I also liked playing the slot machines in pokémon so.... this is probably not all that surprising sigh. Got 5 certificates and spend about 120K for them so i guess i'm at least a little luckier than usual :'D

Honestly I was expecting, win 1 token, win 1 exp potion, loose some tokens, win a potion of some kind , etc. Also I managed in my second try to win one of those tokens that you go to the other machine and when I went to the exchange was like what??? I played for this type of reward? Bye, time to go back to Coruscan better rewards there killing mobs.

Honestly I was expecting, win 1 token, win 1 exp potion, loose some tokens, win a potion of some kind , etc. Also I managed in my second try to win one of those tokens that you go to the other machine and when I went to the exchange was like what??? I played for this type of reward? Bye, time to go back to Coruscan better rewards there killing mobs.

"Potion"? :cool:

Also, it's "Coruscant".

Ahhh. Well I'd read the guide on Dulfy beforehand, so I already knew there were no small prices, though tbh I like it better that way -- winning my token back gives me another free chance at winning a Kingpin one/a certificate/one of the mounts, after all *u*

Out of curiosity, what do you guys like among the rewards? I have seen nothing that interested me. It's just that big mount and a bunch of weapons, right? Am I missing something?

I do actually kinda want the Rancor, especially for my SW who'd totally ride around on one of those. Other then that... I'm keen on the assault cannon for the commando i've yet to make and maybe the blaster. I have enough certificates for both, so any more i get while trying for the rancor will go towards the armour set, I suppose...

Out of curiosity, what do you guys like among the rewards? I have seen nothing that interested me. It's just that big mount and a bunch of weapons, right? Am I missing something?

The Blaster Rifle is a Tommy Gun that sounds awesome. What's not to like?

Ahhh. Well I'd read the guide on Dulfy beforehand, so I already knew there were no small prices, though tbh I like it better that way -- winning my token back gives me another free chance at winning a Kingpin one/a certificate/one of the mounts, after all *u*

I do actually kinda want the Rancor, especially for my SW who'd totally ride around on one of those. Other then that... I'm keen on the assault cannon for the commando i've yet to make and maybe the blaster. I have enough certificates for both, so any more i get while trying for the rancor will go towards the armour set, I suppose...

Oh OK, if the guide said no small gifts then is my bad. Anyways I dont have that kind of money to burn. Time to keep chugging along. :rak_04:

I personally LOVE this event. General chat on Nar Shadaa and forums are filled with so much entertainment.

I guess, if you find flawed logic, irrational thinking and superstition entertaining. I have to (well, I don't have to) turn off Gen chat when I am on Nar Shaddaa to stay sane.

Edited by branmakmuffin