Jawa peddlers missing materials and having obsolete materials for sale

phalczen

Mnek, the prototype material vendor on the republic fleet in the cartel bazaar, part of the new system for exchanging material currency from cartel packs for resources, has in stock prototype materials that are NOT USED in game and are left over from the beta for rise of the hutt cartel. Example: impeccable orange crystals, a grade 9 gemstone that is not used in any schematic. Furthermore, Mnek the prototype vendor lacks a resource that is used, namely, perfect upari crystals, which are used to make gormakk crystal alpha wave inhibitors, one of the few consumables that artificers can make and still earn money on. Finally, the artifact vendor is missing the grade 9 sliced tech part, Thermal Regulators. It has every other artifact sliced tech part except the grade 9s.

I'm sure this has been reported before but I'm posting it here for comment.

Actually I hope that they don't give Thermal Regulators to the Jawa Vendor, that will just make their GTN price go down which will in turn cause Augment prices to fall.

Strange you would think that, as they used to drop from packs outright. No, I'd rather see TMs be added to the vendor, but just like some mats already there, make them cost 5 purple tokens instead of 1. Problem solved, supply still gated.

Strange you would think that, as they used to drop from packs outright. No, I'd rather see TMs be added to the vendor, but just like some mats already there, make them cost 5 purple tokens instead of 1. Problem solved, supply still gated.

Exactly what I would have responded with.

Rather annoying if you only want to use them for yourself and not to sell, though :p I see this as a viable option only if all other grade 9 mats are worth 5.

The prototype vendor is also missing the Grade 9 medical supplies :(

Yeah this is the one I noticed, I immediately starting using the scap for biochem stuff and found out I couldn't use the blues for medical supplies. :(

But the thermal regulators really should be there, too. I would use them for my own crafting, not for the GTN. I don't think people who play the market need worry, though. The purple scrap is the rarest drop from the packs.

Thanks for the post! I'll have someone take a look.

Could we get an update on this whenever you get back into the office, Tait? It's been almost two weeks since you replied.

It's weird that all the grade 9 purple materials (Sterilization Kit, Permacrete, Nanite Threaded Cloth, Mytag Crystal, and Berylius) are for sale, but the only one missing is the Thermal Regulators. Since I could (rarely, but still possible to) pull regulators out of previous packs, they need to be added to the scrap peddler.