The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My cartel market suggestions.....

First, great job so far. Every time I think things are getting stale you surprise me with an authentic new design, especially with respect to mounts. I think you understand the importance of this.

However, I would point out, from my perspective, that a few changes still need to be made IMO to actually streamline the market and the collection system.

This is what I would suggest.

First, all armor sets should be added to the achievement system, each individual item in the set listed. The reason for this is it would allow a player to visually discover and keep track of the pieces they have unlocked, and the pieces they still need to unlock an entire set for collection.

Second, all CM armor containing mods should be altered so that they are collectable....mods should be removed from the armor, and the pieces should be set at level 1 and be adaptable like the rest of the cartel market armor. I do not feel that the current mod filled armor on the CM presents a real value, considering the ease at which players can acquire mods. I do, however, think the value of collectable armor is self evident.

Third, the collection system list order needs to change, and/or a search function added. The categories, the way you have them set up now, requires a player to scroll past the first area in the window to actually get to the "meat and potatoes" of the system to view everything that is available. The first area in the list is important, naturally, but should be at the bottom IMO. The very first set of entries in the pane should be the universal entries where a person can easily view what they have and have not collected.

Thank you for your time. I may add more later.

NOTE: Clarified that I was speaking of CM armor in suggestion 2.

Edited by LordArtemis

First, all armor sets should be added to the achievement system, each individual item in the set listed. The reason for this is it would allow a player to visually discover and keep track of the pieces they have unlocked, and the pieces they still need to unlock an entire set for collection.

...which would lead to completionists complaining that they have to spend real money to get full achievements. P2W, threads upon threads of people complaining that CM is taking over etc etc.

Nope. It's bad enough hearing them complain about having to spend 500 credits to get that new title found in the latest cartel pack from the GTN and not being able to "earn it" through gameplay.

Second, all armor containing mods should be altered so that they are collectable....mods should be removed from the armor, and the pieces should be set at level 1 and be adaptable like the rest of the cartel market armor. I do not feel that the current mod filled armor in the market presents a real value, considering the ease at which players can acquire mods. I do, however, think the value of collectable armor is self evident.

At first I thought you were talking about those chestpieces that were sold on the CM and had mods in them. And I was going to agree.

But then I realized that you are talking about the armor sets that you get from killing NPCs (i.e. random loot). So... nope again. Removing them would hurt GTN sellers and it would lead to crazy prices for armorings/mods/enhancements. Right now, you can get a piece of gear (for example, a headpiece) with an armoring, a mod and an enhancement and you can either wear it as it is or remove the mods and put them in the headpiece you prefer. And it's still cheaper than buying the mods separately.

If you make modding available ONLY from crafters, the prices would skyrocket.

Third, the collection system list order needs to change. The categories, the way you have them set up now, requires a player to scroll past the first area in the window to actually get to the "meat and potatoes" of the system to view everything that is available. The first area in the list is important, naturally, but should be at the bottom IMO. The very first set of entries in the pane should be the universal entries where a person can easily view what they have and have not collected.

The Collections window is a mess. It needs a search function and everything will be resolved.

Edited by TheNahash

...which would lead to completionists complaining that they have to spend real money to get full achievements. P2W, threads upon threads of people complaining that CM is taking over etc etc.

Nope. It's bad enough hearing them complain about having to spend 500 credits to get that new title found in the latest cartel pack from the GTN and not being able to "earn it" through gameplay.

Im not concerned with what folks would complain about. Folks will complain about just about anything. I am only concerned with helping players to see which pieces of armor they already have.

At first I thought you were talking about those chestpieces that were sold on the CM and had mods in them. And I was going to agree.

But then I realized that you are talking about the armor sets that you get from killing NPCs (i.e. random loot). So... nope again. Removing them would hurt GTN sellers and it would lead to crazy prices for armorings/mods/enhancements. Right now, you can get a piece of gear (for example, a headpiece) with an armoring, a mod and an enhancement and you can either wear it as it is or remove the mods and put them in the headpiece you prefer. And it's still cheaper than buying the mods separately.

If you make modding available ONLY from crafters, the prices would skyrocket.

I am only talking about the CM armor. Not sure why you assumed I meant world drops.

The Collections window is a mess. It needs a search function and everything will be resolved.

Fair enough. I still feel moving the boxed list down to the bottom would help.

Edited by LordArtemis

i only care about making the Level 15, 31 and 43 items collectible by removing the mods from them and having a check box to hide things you haven't collected or a search box, even tho I can navigate just fine.

Yea, those items are the ones I am talking about. I think they should remove the mods and make them level 1 adaptable armor like the rest of the armor on the CM, so folks can collect them.

Yea, those items are the ones I am talking about. I think they should remove the mods and make them level 1 adaptable armor like the rest of the armor on the CM, so folks can collect them.

Yeah they are losing out on profits, I'd love to have the destroyer set for my collections but I can't sigh.

#2 Very much so. There is a lot of armor I won't buy because I compulsively unlock things in my collection. (In a related issue, I'd like the option of unlocking CM reputation sets, or at least separate them from the collectible armor.)

#3 Collections are a mess and really need a polishing pass. Search & sort please! Collapsed should be the default. Emotes & titles should fade when you learn them like pets and mounts do.

#2 Very much so. There is a lot of armor I won't buy because I compulsively unlock things in my collection. (In a related issue, I'd like the option of unlocking CM reputation sets, or at least separate them from the collectible armor.)

#3 Collections are a mess and really need a polishing pass. Search & sort please! Collapsed should be the default. Emotes & titles should fade when you learn them like pets and mounts do.

That eyepatch off the first cm rep vendor, would be the first to unlock!

But I think we need another CM Mini patch

I am only talking about the CM armor. Not sure why you assumed I meant world drops.

Well, because you referred to collectable gear and considering they haven't really added any new sets with mods since, unless I'm mistaken, early 2013, I didn't think you were talking about just CM gear.

Well, because you referred to collectable gear and considering they haven't really added any new sets with mods since, unless I'm mistaken, early 2013, I didn't think you were talking about just CM gear.

Fair enough. I clarified the post to avoid the confusion. Sorry about that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It would be awesome if the mini pets that someone could get through discontinued cartel coin cards, cantina tour events, and other exclusive promo offers were available in a special mini pet pack available in the cartel market for those players who can't take advantage of these types of opportunities to get these mini pets.

It would be awesome if the mini pets that someone could get through discontinued cartel coin cards, cantina tour events, and other exclusive promo offers were available in a special mini pet pack available in the cartel market for those players who can't take advantage of these types of opportunities to get these mini pets.

I noticed that they are doing a random vehicle pack, perhaps we will see a random pet pack in the future that could cover something like this.

However, I would point out, from my perspective, that a few changes still need to be made IMO to actually streamline the market and the collection system.

This is what I would suggest.

Third, the collection system list order needs to change, and/or a search function added. The categories, the way you have them set up now, requires a player to scroll past the first area in the window to actually get to the "meat and potatoes" of the system to view everything that is available. The first area in the list is important, naturally, but should be at the bottom IMO. The very first set of entries in the pane should be the universal entries where a person can easily view what they have and have not collected.

NOTE: Clarified that I was speaking of CM armor in suggestion 2.

I'd 'settle' for having all the unlocked sets being displayed first, followed by the sets you unlocked on another character and have yet to unlock accountwide.

I'd further settle for them to stop moving everything all over the place everytime they add stuff. I have to remember where this set or pet is to find it then they add more stuff and move it all over the place. Put the new stuff at the end and let me memorize where about the sets I want to pull are and have them stop being pushed all over the place.

I'd love it if they put Packs at the bottom or just had the categories list collapsed so I could open the one I want with less scrolling.

A search would be nice but instead of that I think it would be better to just call up what's unlocked already followed by owned sets yet to be unlocked via CC for the account. The game already has to do this to display them as unlocked/etc so putting those first shouldn't be that big of deal compared to implementing a search.

I'd 'settle' for having all the unlocked sets being displayed first, followed by the sets you unlocked on another character and have yet to unlock accountwide.

I'd further settle for them to stop moving everything all over the place everytime they add stuff. I have to remember where this set or pet is to find it then they add more stuff and move it all over the place. Put the new stuff at the end and let me memorize where about the sets I want to pull are and have them stop being pushed all over the place.

I'd love it if they put Packs at the bottom or just had the categories list collapsed so I could open the one I want with less scrolling.

A search would be nice but instead of that I think it would be better to just call up what's unlocked already followed by owned sets yet to be unlocked via CC for the account. The game already has to do this to display them as unlocked/etc so putting those first shouldn't be that big of deal compared to implementing a search.

It is odd that they keep moving the armors around, and it is tough to understand how they are organizing them. I would prefer some kind of set order instead of constantly changing them around.