Eric and Lobos, thank you for the wonderful stream!

Nemarus

Thanks for answering so many of our questions. We'd really appreciate it if you could deliver our question list to the GSF dev team. Direct dev answers to any of those questions would be great--but even if we don't get that, it'll be nice to just know they've heard our concerns and ideas. :)

Have fun at E3!

I hope the devs will continue to add a lot more content for gsf. There's a lot of people playing and enjoy it a lot. I haven't stopped since it came out.

Please devs consider pve element for gsf, it would be so awesome to have space ops. Would open up another element, heck even maybe special ops ships would be cool too. Jedi ships powered by the force, special trooper ships, etc. Skies the limit!

Edited by wvwraith

Anyways where exactly is this information you guys are talking about?

About snares ? It's from the 2.8 notes. New ships, new missile, upgrades rebalance... And it includes a bigger emphasis on snaring (the new missile snares, some upgrades that add a snare have been strengthened)

Well, the currently too-weak ion railgun snare is becoming 12 seconds of 55% snare. On top of that, the competing talent that shuts off energy regen for 6 seconds is being heavily nerfed to reduce it by 55% for six seconds instead.

For the meta, this means that MOST gunships will switch from running the reactor disable to running the slow. This is on top of the new gunship, which looks to be a top tier ship, having a missile with a snare.

The thing is, once you can assume that some OTHER snare will be hitting your enemies, your existing snare options become better. Ion missile snare becomes better because if you hit an opponent snared for any reason, the snare stacks.

That's why we think the meta will be snare heavy. You'll look at an option like concussion snare or interdiction drive and think "man, this will REALLY mess up anyone hit with another snare, and since everyone is running snares..." and it will snowball.

Well, the currently too-weak ion railgun snare is becoming 12 seconds of 55% snare. On top of that, the competing talent that shuts off energy regen for 6 seconds is being heavily nerfed to reduce it by 55% for six seconds instead.

For the meta, this means that MOST gunships will switch from running the reactor disable to running the slow. This is on top of the new gunship, which looks to be a top tier ship, having a missile with a snare.

The thing is, once you can assume that some OTHER snare will be hitting your enemies, your existing snare options become better. Ion missile snare becomes better because if you hit an opponent snared for any reason, the snare stacks.

That's why we think the meta will be snare heavy. You'll look at an option like concussion snare or interdiction drive and think "man, this will REALLY mess up anyone hit with another snare, and since everyone is running snares..." and it will snowball.

More snares would be very good if they were more likely to affect Scouts. But when 3 of the game's snares come from missiles, against which most Scouts have two breaks, it's not so helpful.

Instead, Strikes and Bombers, which already move relatively slowly, will become even slower :(

Nice quoting a piece to get the result you want, you have spent too much time on the forums.

Anyways let me get this straight because scout pilots can react fast and fly fast they need to be snared by missiles? The same craft that can not take a pounding like a strike fighter? Did anyone stop and think what all those bombers will be loading now, gee I can only guess.

Bioware on the off chance your reading this scouts do not need to be snared, and they have no place in a space pvp set up. Also what people are not talking about is that get the missile off your tail move can only be used regularly, and often by players that have their engines fully upgraded. This represents about what 1 percent of the scout pilot population. The rest of us can not do this, due to the energy drain it causes the engines. The result will be everyone flying a gunship/bomber, and everyone loading weapons that snare. Yea thats balance for your. Yes I was being sarcastic.

Nice quoting a piece to get the result you want, you have spent too much time on the forums.

Anyways let me get this straight because scout pilots can react fast and fly fast they need to be snared by missiles? The same craft that can not take a pounding like a strike fighter? Did anyone stop and think what all those bombers will be loading now, gee I can only guess.

Bioware on the off chance your reading this scouts do not need to be snared, and they have no place in a space pvp set up. Also what people are not talking about is that get the missile off your tail move can only be used regularly, and often by players that have their engines fully upgraded. This represents about what 1 percent of the scout pilot population. The rest of us can not do this, due to the energy drain it causes the engines. The result will be everyone flying a gunship/bomber, and everyone loading weapons that snare. Yea thats balance for your. Yes I was being sarcastic.

I think you may have missed that they were talking about the fact that scouts can have 2-3 missile breaks, while strikes can only have 1 at max. Scouts have access to distortion field on all of them which is an extra missile break, and also have emp which is another. If you did understand that this is what they meant by scouts will get snared less then others then sorry for even saying something. All they are saying is snaring missiles will slow down the slower ships even more, then the scouts because scouts rarely get hit by missiles.

On another note balancing a pvp game based on ships that have no upgrades is just bad balance imo, so I think your argument that not all scouts have tons of missile breaks is kind of silly.

Hope that helps clear things up :)

Just finished the recap! Thanks for taking the time to check up with us, gentlemen! Lots of interesting information!

...also makes me want to take a pass by EMP Missile again now.

The major "issue" that players have with EMP Missiles is the "lack of damage" that they do. Players want a missile to lock on quickly, have a generous firing arc, fast reload time and do boat loads of damage. To take a missile as an anti-bomber option, goes against arcade style players desire to KILL ALL THE THINGS FASTER!!!!

If more people had a ship built to counter things like a SIM bomber, they would be more successful at this and see that EMP is decent, if not good at that role. (a slightly faster reload is needed I think, if anything)

The major "issue" that players have with EMP Missiles is the "lack of damage" that they do. Players want a missile to lock on quickly, have a generous firing arc, fast reload time and do boat loads of damage. To take a missile as an anti-bomber option, goes against arcade style players desire to KILL ALL THE THINGS FASTER!!!!

If more people had a ship built to counter things like a SIM bomber, they would be more successful at this and see that EMP is decent, if not good at that role. (a slightly faster reload is needed I think, if anything)

Exactly! I'm starting to think I should directly build a ship that I don't typically fly, but keep on my bar because I can and do occasionally enjoy flying it.

That way, Bomberball comes a'rollin', and at least I've got an answer for it. Think I'll outfit my Pike for the job. Most of my dogfighting legwork, I do on my Clarion, Flashfire or (those of you who've flown against me can attest to this) my Quarrel, anyway. I just keep the Pike around because it's nice to have a toothier Strike sometimes.

And I'm trying to think of a reason I haven't had this idea before. I think part of it is that I don't usually want to specialize, because it means that build would have to be ineffective against some things, and I don't like building so heavily towards something that I leave glaring weaknesses for someone else to exploit.

But the truth is, I've already done this by not creating a Bomberdog build.