The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lost leadership of my guild?!?!?

hamstew

I recently resubscribed to swtor and found that I was no longer the leader of my OWN GUILD.The new leader was another guy in the guild. I sent him a mail message asking for him to give me back my leadership because he/she is offline.i just sent this message minutes ago.that person hasn't came back online yet but I hope he/she doesn't betray me.I trust this person but nonetheless,THIS IS VERY STUPID.
Yeah same thing happen to me also, and the bad thing was it was a 10 member guild 8 of them where my alts and the other 2 don't play anymore so yeah lost over 2 mil in creds and a crap load of crafting mats, which all I had in my guild vault...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, this is so unfair. Like I said, don't call your girlfriend for a year and expect she's still waiting for you when you "re-sub" That's just asinine and stupid to the max. And yeah, it IS the same thing.

I have the opposite problem. I was fairly inactive in my guild but decided to check out the membership and discovered that I am the new Guildmaster! How did that happen? I have no idea.

I guess you own the guild, now, mate!

Yeah same thing happen to me also, and the bad thing was it was a 10 member guild 8 of them where my alts and the other 2 don't play anymore so yeah lost over 2 mil in creds and a crap load of crafting mats, which all I had in my guild vault...

Sounds like a personal guild (which is what I'd recommend for those who want to "own" a guild). Why hadn't you kicked the ones who stopped playing?

You realize that, eventually, assuming those folks aren't playing, guild leadership will pass to one of your alts? All those two players have to do is not log in for a month and it'll shift again. The system works, and that's why whining about it is unlikely to affect any changes to it.

Edited by Fidelicatessen

• 3 weeks later...
I had a similar problem about a week ago. I was trying to transfer leadership from my alt to my main, but I accidentally made a different person the gm. I sent him a polite mail asking for leadership back, but when he got on, he kicked everyone out of the guild and kept it for himself. It wasn't very fun.
Eaw, this is just ugly. I really feel for you, and your guild... :(

Situations like this could be probably solved by inventing the ranking system where only the members of some certain ranks could be promoted to GM. So, when GM is trying to set someone else a GM, he would be getting an error message in case if he's trying to promote someone with a "wrong rank" and/or not being his own alt. Something like how it is done with mailing stuff. :rolleyes:

That was probably AngelFive. He's the guild owner now, didn't you get the memo?
What memo?
Aww - dont mind this guy, HyperSonicOne... Apparently, his understanding of normal conversation is when he's the only one speaking.

Like if he was an actor, and we were his audience. Well, at least he doesn't demand any payments, lol.

Oh, and i have 18x toons, 11x at lvl 60, others at 46-55 except 2x at their lvls 24~29. 14-15 of these i am using for my crafting... Like, pretty actively. A hour or two per day only for setting a missions and placing stuff on GTN. Not long ago, i was trying hard to get Xeno SM+HM done on my every lvl 60 toon. One of the best raidleaders on my server was finishing "lvl60'ing" her Guardian, and she was really short of Basic Comms to get all the stuff. It took like 40 mins for me to get her geared full & cool. And i wasn't even asking to pay for all that - because, in my opinion, a clear oneshot on 16M Xeno HM with 186 geared ops group was so freaking worth it, lol. Also, i wanted a gree sabers for every sith/jedi class/spec pair in my legacy (also, few more offhands). :rolleyes:

Yes, it is "See what i did there?". But, not to brag. Just ask yourself if a guy like that really needs stealing anything.

Oh yeah, this is so unfair. Like I said, don't call your girlfriend for a year and expect she's still waiting for you when you "re-sub" That's just asinine and stupid to the max. And yeah, it IS the same thing.
And this guy too. He probably subscribed on his girlfriend and keeps paying her cash each month (in a fixed day/time), thinking that it's all OK if some other guy will get her in bed in case if a "girlfriend subscription" will get lapsed for a hour or two. :D

(( although it looks more like he doesn't have a girlfriend, and never had one - the way he stubbornly keeps talking about relations with girls, as if hinting that he knows what he's talking :rolleyes: ))

If you think that adequate discussion is possible with a guy like that... Go ahead, lol.

Well, a loss of 2 mils isn't really terrible these days, when you can even get this 2 mils back with only gathering slicing lockboxes on Yavin IV... People around are telling that it'll only take about 2-3 hours. :)

Mats, ugh... Well, you can still wait until your GM rank will be transferred back to you. Probably, you can also remove one other guy out, in case if you have permissions for that. :rolleyes:

I guess you own the guild, now, mate!
Thing is, he does. And all my time in this thread i was telling that it's wrong. So, your reference to my "GM is an owner" thesis is completely wrong. :p

Sounds like a personal guild (which is what I'd recommend for those who want to "own" a guild). Why hadn't you kicked the ones who stopped playing?
Because, why? :confused:

You realize that, eventually, assuming those folks aren't playing, guild leadership will pass to one of your alts? All those two players have to do is not log in for a month and it'll shift again. The system works, and that's why whining about it is unlikely to affect any changes to it.
Your opinion is not correct. If there are any people who have problems with "system" - the "system" is not working. It is like a disease. Maybe you don't have a cancer, but it doesn't mean that scientists must stop trying to find a cure and get themselves to deal with your... acne already, for instance. ;)

It's a hidden command called /mutiny people in the guild can do.
/cackle :D

Aww - dont mind this guy, HyperSonicOne... Apparently, his understanding of normal conversation is when he's the only one speaking.

Like if he was an actor, and we were his audience. Well, at least he doesn't demand any payments, lol.

Ok, if you say so. Anyway, I do see what you did there. I have found a nice, friendly guild to settle down in for the time being, but I'll be a bit more selective if I ever start a guild again.