trophy system is crap

swamptuna

I don't understand your trophy system. All it does is encourage people to fight in mid instead of the objective. I get more trophy points, which leads to mvp, if I just fight in mid. If I guard a node the entire game I get crap. If I fight on the roads like a noob, I get mass trophy points. How is it fair for someone with 2000 objective points, receive more trophy points than a person with 11000 objective points? This doesn't make sense and only encourages bad playing behavior. Please get rid of trophy points and base it on objective points. I do not see how it is fair to penalize someone for actually winning the match for you.

so if someone actually try to cap or steal a cap (that will lead to victory) he will probably get even less trophy as he is not sitting next to the pylon.

while on the other hand a looser afker that sit at objective and don't call inc don't do nothing other then die in few second get more point because they were "lucky" enough (i am pretty sure he picked the one were enemy will not go) to defend the only pylon that the enemy ignore

sorry but i see too many looser already half way into the match sit at the pylon and refuse to "keep trying" because they have no balls... i don't see why they should be the only one rewarded or even worst reward the mentality of defending all together only 1 pylon just to get medals even if losing the game.

I don't understand your trophy system. All it does is encourage people to fight in mid instead of the objective. I get more trophy points, which leads to mvp, if I just fight in mid. If I guard a node the entire game I get crap. If I fight on the roads like a noob, I get mass trophy points. How is it fair for someone with 2000 objective points, receive more trophy points than a person with 11000 objective points? This doesn't make sense and only encourages bad playing behavior. Please get rid of trophy points and base it on objective points. I do not see how it is fair to penalize someone for actually winning the match for you.

Butt-hurt cream... aisle 12.

so if someone actually try to cap or steal a cap (that will lead to victory) he will probably get even less trophy as he is not sitting next to the pylon.

while on the other hand a looser afker that sit at objective and don't call inc don't do nothing other then die in few second get more point because they were "lucky" enough (i am pretty sure he picked the one were enemy will not go) to defend the only pylon that the enemy ignore

sorry but i see too many looser already half way into the match sit at the pylon and refuse to "keep trying" because they have no balls... i don't see why they should be the only one rewarded or even worst reward the mentality of defending all together only 1 pylon just to get medals even if losing the game.

Does not knowing how to spell "loser" make you a loser?

it's not true that fighting at the node gives you less medals than fighting far from it. because of def and attack points. said so, taken away the dauntless medals, anyone now, or almost anyone should have at least these basic medals: 3k dmg/heal blow,

6k dmg/heal blow,

90k dmg/heal,

1k defending points,

1k attacking points,

1 killing blow.

other objective medals: capping passing etc. which provide attack or defend points then next tier is 3k attack/def point, but everyone should have at least 2 objective actions and gain the first.

then more class dependant: 2.5 protection, 6k protection, 12k prot single life, 60k protection, solo kill, 360k damage/heal are really easy to reach, even loosing a match badly. and good players know how key roles have been played..guarding offnode etc. an mvp votes are funny but useless..simply because you give it to your premade fellows or not everyone look at the same stats(dps heal prot obj)

I mostly give my MVPs to the one who chats the nicest / heals me most / guards me...

And yes, sometimes a zerg-in-the-middle who 'draws the bads away from their node' is worth more to the team than... 4 people guarding a node when the other team has 2.

Don't get me wrong. Sometimes the node guard deserved his medals. Sometimes the zergers didn't deserve theirs. But on average the system works reasonably well, with exception to "stacking specs" (heal/dd , tank/dd) being harshly rewarded for their class choice over pure dps. However, anything beyond 8 medals is 'fluff' anyways, no?

You need medals to validate your play to others in a match???

No, more medals = more XP and creds.

OP: if you want to go tryhard and actually get validation for winning your matches, go back to ranked. Nobody cares in unranked, even at 55.

All you need is 8 to get max rewards and that's not even that hard to do. For what I've seen if you get 8 medals and you crush the other team, ie plantin all the way to the core in VS in 4 min and not lettin the other team plant at all or vice versa, you get the max rewards but if it's a close match then you get slightly less rewards