Proposal: Thunderous Blast/Turbulence should be instant

StormTerminus

Every single other DPS top of tree talent is instant. In fact every other top of tree talent is instant except Corruption tree for Sorcs/Sages. Sorcs and Sages need help in the ability to dps under pressure. Making TB/Turbulence instant would help in PvE for movement fights as well as make it harder to shutdown Lightning/TK specs. Personally the cast times on a lot of the Sorcs healing and lightning trees make me feel like they were the first class worked on with the most call out to mages/wizards of other MMOs. Given the middling DPS of Sorcs and Sages I see no reason that they should be so immobile and lightly armored with DCDs all under GCD.

If we aren't going to get bubble off GCD than I would like TB instant.

I dont know about instant off-the-bat but some form of stack mechanic would be cool. Three lightning strikes and an instant Blast, or something like that. Or pehaps tied to stacks on FL, similar to how wrath works for madness. Edited by MidichIorian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Make it instant, but remove the auto crit in combination with Affliction. You get your mobility but not to much of a burst increase. Although i don't think you should change every spec to become mobile. Whats next? MM snipers asking to be more mobile? where will it end? :rolleyes:

As someone who plays both Sorcerer and other classes, I disagree completely. TB deals immense damage, and while this might help the mobility in PvE, it would be completely broken in PvP.

I disagree with you, arsenal mercs are an example, heatseeker instant 10k+ damage. TB even with autocrit and relics proc, won't hit so hardly

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

• 2 weeks later...
I disagree with you, arsenal mercs are an example, heatseeker instant 10k+ damage. TB even with autocrit and relics proc, won't hit so hardly

buuuut

TB is 100% proc of chain lightning

so as ur casting TB and spamming CL...

u can be looking at a low end (on a no tank class) of 9kish dmg to a high end (if everything crits, and forked lightning procs) of about 16k in a 2s activation+1 gcd

thats half of most peoples hp

now by no means is it as easy, and faceroll as arsenal mercs or faceroll and easy dmg as madness sorcs..

but it has a shock and aww aspect of it which is unsuspected...

ive personally been heatseekered for 12k at max expertise..

i still think lightning strike should be spec'd in lightning to activate on the run.. and perhaps just perhaps reduce TB cast time to 1.5 seconds...

maybe add some interesting procs like crushing darkness ( which is near useless as full lightning especially at a 2s activation) ticks to have a chance to make your next TB instant etc etc...

OR deep lightning builds morph crushing darkness into lightning dmg with an alternate affect..

i know this sounds like mercs but i loved RIFT's "storm shackle" ability...

putting this deep into the lightning tree and making it to SERIOUS dmg to the target and those around them could be a 1 step, positive change for lightning sorcs..

correct me of im wrong but this game still ceases to have a disarm/silence ability... giving this to lightning sorcs is also an option.. call it something like "numb" or "dont tase me ho"

id like some love for this build.. i still pvp with it (fairly well imo) but the problem is melee have very little downtime on us and after creating space a 2s activation is an eternity and 1.5s lightning strikes for 2k dmg payoffs is ridiculous.....

also.. we will NEVER win an outright dps race with a sniper or merc.. not with their defensive cooldowns...

id like this build to be a true class cannon...

Doesn't half sound like a cheapass thing to be able to run around dropping an instant autocrit TB from 35m every 9s.

Tell me more about how that resembles the top tier skill of any other ranged class (huge opportunity to display your lack of experience on those classes).

Edited by Gyronamics

Doesn't half sound like a cheapass thing to be able to run around dropping an instant autocrit TB from 35m every 9s.

Tell me more about how that resembles the top tier skill of any other ranged class (huge opportunity to display your lack of experience on those classes).

although i dont agree with TB being instant

let me re state (since u didnt read all the posts)

that i have been personally hit by heatseeker (which is instant and top tier) for 12k.. with max expertise

your rebut?

although i dont agree with TB being instant

let me re state (since u didnt read all the posts)

that i have been personally hit by heatseeker (which is instant and top tier) for 12k.. with max expertise

your rebut?

So what?

TB autocrit is two things:

(1) Instant Affliction DoT

(2) Cast TB on that target <- protip: disrupt this

HSM hitting any large number is three things:

(1) Cast Tracer for armour debuff and 25% damage boost to HSM <- protip: disrupt this

(2) Fire HSM

(3) Hope for relic procs and a crit

The RNG is strong in HSM and just like TB experienced players know how to counter it.

Whatever it hits... is whatever it hits... unless you're suggesting Arsenal is doing too much damage?

So what?

TB autocrit is two things:

(1) Instant Affliction DoT

(2) Cast TB on that target <- protip: disrupt this

HSM hitting any large number is three things:

(1) Cast Tracer for armour debuff and 25% damage boost to HSM <- protip: disrupt this

(2) Fire HSM

(3) Hope for relic procs and a crit

The RNG is strong in HSM and just like TB experienced players know how to counter it.

Whatever it hits... is whatever it hits... unless you're suggesting Arsenal is doing too much damage?

Arsenal is doing to much damage... if compared to lightning sorcs. I dont want a nerf, to clarify, i only want devs show some love to lightning, which is IMHO the funniest spec in game. I'm lightning since d1 of the game, after 2.5 years i'm still in lightning, and i won't change, unless they force me

Arsenal is doing to much damage... if compared to lightning sorcs. I dont want a nerf, to clarify, i only want devs show some love to lightning, which is IMHO the funniest spec in game. I'm lightning since d1 of the game, after 2.5 years i'm still in lightning, and i won't change, unless they force me

Ahahah

If HSM did the same damage as TB it would be a buff... to Arsenal.

The average hit of HSM is considerably lower than TB on top of HSM having a 15s CD vs TB 9s CD.

Couple of key reasons:

TB is autocrit vs HSM ~30% chance

TB ignores armour

Ahahah

If HSM did the same damage as TB it would be a buff... to Arsenal.

The average hit of HSM is considerably lower than TB on top of HSM having a 15s CD vs TB 9s CD.

Couple of key reasons:

TB is autocrit vs HSM ~30% chance

TB ignores armour

youre out of your mind

ill take potential 12k crits and instant cast over 6k auto crits and a 2s activation

theres simply no comparison between arsenal and lightning... arsenal mercs have considerably more burst

..but hey 99 out of every 100 sorcs are rolling madness in pvp right now because full lightning is so powerful.. owait

i mean holy god i was rocket punched today for 5900..... i have like one goddamn ability that i need to spec 36 pts and cast for 2 seconds to hit that hard....

this class needs help, the build at least..... sorcs also take far more dmg than any other class by far.. ill give that worthless barrier back for a real defensive cooldown i can use every other fight

Edited by wwkingms

it's already one gcd time cast..not too slow..and the CL proc compensate..

Actually, it is 0.5s longer than GCD.

Which would mean that its damaged would be nerfed if it was an instant cast. I would prefer it to be instant cast and a slight nerf to damage. A buff to Affliction or Crushing Darkness in this tree would offset this nerf and not affect burst too much (might have it on "Lightning Barrage" or "Forked Darkness.")

Edited by Bstr

this class needs help, the build at least..... sorcs also take far more dmg than any other class by far.. ill give that worthless barrier back for a real defensive cooldown i can use every other fight

This, if someone is telling me light sorcs are beter than mercs arsenal, sorry, is a lie. I play it because i like it, bu t i also have a merc green geared with a bracer dread touched and 2-3 pieces artifact, i crit HSM for 7.5k, now i dare u to tell me TB is better ....

youre out of your mind

ill take potential 12k crits and instant cast over 6k auto crits and a 2s activation

theres simply no comparison between arsenal and lightning... arsenal mercs have considerably more burst

IF they crit.

The average damage for an equally geared Merc vs Sorc HSM vs TB has HSM with lower average damage.

There is no sense at all in taking the big number of a crit HSM with relic procs and acting as if that's the normal hit.

I mean what do you do with the 5k non-crit non-relic-proc hits? They don't exist?

IF they crit.

The average damage for an equally geared Merc vs Sorc HSM vs TB has HSM with lower average damage.

There is no sense at all in taking the big number of a crit HSM with relic procs and acting as if that's the normal hit.

I mean what do you do with the 5k non-crit non-relic-proc hits? They don't exist?

If HSM doesn't crits unload-Barrage will finish the job. There is a reason why nobody plays Lightning on wz's and almost all do it as arsenal. I mean ppl who haven't re rolled a jugg-powertech yet

IF they crit.

youre also failing to recognize another huge difference

TWO SECOND ACTIVATION....

which in PVP... for the SQUISHIEST CLASS, is eternity...

i respect your argument but your flat wrong.... arsenal mercs are in a much better place than lightning sorcs..

however making TB instant i dont feel is the answer for Lightning

youre also failing to recognize another huge difference

TWO SECOND ACTIVATION....

which in PVP... for the SQUISHIEST CLASS, is eternity...

i respect your argument but your flat wrong.... arsenal mercs are in a much better place than lightning sorcs..

however making TB instant i dont feel is the answer for Lightning

Exactly, but nothing will change since this game death is always closer.... and they do nothing to avoid it