Recommendations for combat

Exiaz

Combat recently has been falling behind just a tad in my opinion, yes i completely agree that we still put out insane amounts of burst, but in terms of dps we are lacking. One irritating thing for combat sentinels are the procs for both opportune attack and hand of justice. They are very good proc ideas but they just arent consistent and it can be very frustrating.

One suggestion to combat this could be to increase the proc chance of the proc.

My main suggestion is actually the consistency of the damage going out in combat. I suggest that we give ataru form a stacking buff, very much like juyo form, but instead of granting an increase in damage, the stacks provide you with stacking alacrity. Maybe around 3% for each stack? stacking up to 6 times? Yes, i understand that if we do that zen is going to be insane, thats why a hit to zen has to come, the amount of alacrity that zen gives at that point could be a flat 15% on top of the current alacrity that you have no depending on the number of stacks that you have. Thus at max stacks we will have a total of 27% alacrity which is lower than the current 30% alacrity that we currently have now. This means that we would be hitting fast more often but just not as fast as before.

i think this is a viable change/buff to combat sentinels. I really enjoy the spec and i hope it gets a little love from you, along with all the other classes. Watchmen has so much utility with the raid wide heal, plus they are doing so much consistent damage, why not give combat a try.

*All of this is my opinion, so please feel free to leave constructive feedback for me and lets hope the devs see this. so spread it around :)

This is, actually, the first idea for Combat that I like. Not sure I like the change to Zen, though; maybe keep it at 30% by having it double the current alacrity benefit of Ataru stacks when activated? The 15% base alacrity at full stacks may be too high, anyway, if that naturally gives four attacks inside PS without Zen up.

Combat recently has been falling behind just a tad in my opinion, yes i completely agree that we still put out insane amounts of burst, but in terms of dps we are lacking. One irritating thing for combat sentinels are the procs for both opportune attack and hand of justice. They are very good proc ideas but they just arent consistent and it can be very frustrating.

One suggestion to combat this could be to increase the proc chance of the proc.

My main suggestion is actually the consistency of the damage going out in combat. I suggest that we give ataru form a stacking buff, very much like juyo form, but instead of granting an increase in damage, the stacks provide you with stacking alacrity. Maybe around 3% for each stack? stacking up to 6 times? Yes, i understand that if we do that zen is going to be insane, thats why a hit to zen has to come, the amount of alacrity that zen gives at that point could be a flat 15% on top of the current alacrity that you have no depending on the number of stacks that you have. Thus at max stacks we will have a total of 27% alacrity which is lower than the current 30% alacrity that we currently have now. This means that we would be hitting fast more often but just not as fast as before.

i think this is a viable change/buff to combat sentinels. I really enjoy the spec and i hope it gets a little love from you, along with all the other classes. Watchmen has so much utility with the raid wide heal, plus they are doing so much consistent damage, why not give combat a try.

*All of this is my opinion, so please feel free to leave constructive feedback for me and lets hope the devs see this. so spread it around :)

Nice thought and definitely new. Not sure it would work to our benefit. On paper it might, but 15% alacrity after six Ataru hits does not seem all that impressive. That would induce the ramp time that Watchman has. I wouldn't even bother with Zen anymore. Even 30% only shaves .7 of a second from Master Strike. OTOH, maybe it would work. Slightly faster gcds would put us ahead of other classes in the APS department. Who knows. I'd like to see this tried out. It's certainly interesting.

hmmm interesting the ramp up would definitely be there but to differentiate the two specs the ramp up for this couple be any contact instead of attacks that spend focus so they ramp up a little bit faster

what i'm worried about giving zen a higher percentage that it will make the class over powered

I'd love to support this, but then I have to point out that until they fix the damn problems with alacrity not affecting normal cooldowns (for 'balance'), its only gonna get you more Blade Rushes and Strikes.

But then again, 15% alacrity (max ramp up) does have a cooldown after 20 seconds thats closer to 20 seconds than 0% alacrity...

how much does the alacrity change proposed affect the timing for the combat rotation in reference to Pslash windows? Because all comments about how fluid and difficult this class is, certain GCD priorities are pretty static (cooldown of bstorm, mstrike, HOJ proc *********** with internal of pslash, etc)

how much does the alacrity change proposed affect the timing for the combat rotation in reference to Pslash windows? Because all comments about how fluid and difficult this class is, certain GCD priorities are pretty static (cooldown of bstorm, mstrike, HOJ proc *********** with internal of pslash, etc)

@15% alacrity, a GCD ends at 20.67 secs instead of 21 secs, so its fine

Though an interesting idea, I would be opposed since it gives us a ramp up time to improve our dps by having first to generate stacks. Combat's biggest strength is the instant burst.

This is what I would proposed to ease the HOJ and OA proc RNG

For the OA proc- "Each Ataru Strike grants you 1 stack of OA, at 2 stacks gives your next Blade storm 100% critical chance"

For HOJ proc- "Consuming OA finishes the CD of presicion Slash and makes your next Dispatch free and usable above 30% health. This effect can only happen once ever 20 seconds"

Also I would change Precision Slash to great 3 stacks of 100% Armor penetration after every attack 1 stack is consumed.

i agree that the instant burst is important for a combat sentinel, but in terms of pve which is where i am coming from, there is nothing wrong a little ramp up time, the instant burst will still be there as you can still start with the zen burst it just wont be that instant as it is given up slighty for the overall increase in dps for the rest of the fight.

In terms of pvp, i understand that burst is key so one fix could be that the stacking buffs are not straight given to the form but instead its something you spec to, i'm not sure its still a very raw idea but i wish devs would look into this

thanks for the feedback so far, lets get this going so that the devs will see this

i agree that the instant burst is important for a combat sentinel, but in terms of pve which is where i am coming from, there is nothing wrong a little ramp up time, the instant burst will still be there as you can still start with the zen burst it just wont be that instant as it is given up slighty for the overall increase in dps for the rest of the fight.

In terms of pvp, i understand that burst is key so one fix could be that the stacking buffs are not straight given to the form but instead its something you spec to, i'm not sure its still a very raw idea but i wish devs would look into this

thanks for the feedback so far, lets get this going so that the devs will see this

There shouldn't be a 'ramp up' to build initial full Focus because 6 other advance classes start, any operation/war zone, with full Power Cell/Force/Energy.

Edited by Ramtar

you still get your initial burst from zen and your opener no matter what

another way could be to change zen to bring you up to 30% alacrity no matter how many stacks you have

that was you still get burst at the start and the ramp up is really for long engagements whilst the short engagements wont really have a difference from the old combat

Personally, i want Opportune Attack to turn into a 2 stack proc that has a 100% chance to be gained from an Ataru Form attack, and at 2 Stacks you get your 10% Blade Storm damage, and your crit on Blade Storm. Change HoJ to only proc Dispatch, but instead reduce the CD of P Slash by 5 seconds, that would make our damage much more stable.

hmmmm i like that idea, personally there are so many ways to improve our dps, just which do you prefer, i'd prefer the alacrity stacks, cus the charges being a good idea, is too common in both mandos and sages