Best Endgame (Ops, HM FP) Mara Spec tree?

I've got my Marauder at 55 with mostly Elite commendation gear, and I've been doing a lot of endgame stuff (Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints, stuff that gets Ultimate Comms and what-not)

But I've changed my spec so many times it's not funny. I don't plan to PVP with this character at all, and will be focusing a lot on endgame stuff like enemies with a lot of health.

Which spec tree would be the best for bosses/high-health enemies?

Thanks guys, I REALLY appreciate it.

Edited by that_Spartan_IV

Honestly, learn both. There are fights where the bleeds from Annihilation will be a great help as they're still applying damage while you're moving around, as well as fights where you'll need the burst of Carnage.

This. I recommend knowing all 3 specs. Any fight with a tough burn phase I would recommend Carnage. Long, drawn out fights I prefer Anni (Grob'thok or Raptus [Especially Raptus since the curse buff for DPS increases force/tech dmg]) and anything with a lotta Adds (C-0 or Draxus) I do Rage.

• 2 weeks later...
This. I recommend knowing all 3 specs. Any fight with a tough burn phase I would recommend Carnage. Long, drawn out fights I prefer Anni (Grob'thok or Raptus [Especially Raptus since the curse buff for DPS increases force/tech dmg]) and anything with a lotta Adds (C-0 or Draxus) I do Rage.

Yes, to fully become proficient at Sentinel, learn to utilize all 3 specs effectively. This can come over time, start with Combat/Carnage, move into Watchman/Annihilation, then Focus/Rage spec.

The Sentinel is blessed with three extremely useful trees for specific boss scenarios. Having the ability to use any spec allows you to be most effective in any scenario.

In general:

Most burst fights - Combat/Carnage

Sustained fights - Watchman/Annihilation

fights with a bunch of mobs - Focus/Rage

There are still grey areas. Burst fight not too short? Watchman/Annihilation still may be as useful as Combat

Are sustained fights broken up by a long enough pause that your Watchman dots drop off? This is less likely now adays with the longer stacks, but if that would be case then Watchman/Annihilation would not be the best option.

Are fights with bunch of mobs all over the place and your aoe will only hit 3 max of 6-7? Might not be the most optimum, then.

The key is that you have the choice and the variety and it is fun.