The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sorc Healers should I even bother?

SEANeD

Healing in this game is at an all time low, no healer is OP anymore.
On your server.

On my server, it feels like 3 out of every 4 pubs is a healer or heal capable class. Healing is stupid OP, and needs to be redesigned.

In arena....eh. Healers can be countered.

Edited by Ansultares

On your server.

On my server, it feels like 3 out of every 4 pubs is a healer or heal capable class. Healing is stupid OP, and needs to be redesigned.

Wait, you think healing is OP because you run into random games with stacked healers?

Sorcs have needed the buff since they haven't been able to even counter madness at all. Please tell me you even understand how awful the madness buff was to the healer spec. If there are two madness sorcs bursting a healing sorc, they drop so *********** fast you cant even try to LOS and H2F... I said this since the buff was even introduced as an idea, but nobody listens. At this point, tech type classes burn the crap out of sorcs, pyro or ap make real short work of even good sorc healers. i know i do...

OP is right, there is no legitimate reason to pvp as a sorc healer, they get burned down really quick. Their healing output isn't even able to compensate, especially when madness is so overplayed anymore. When they have a tank they can do alright, but when someone else is mitigating while you re free casting, how can you not do well?

The other healers are not op by a long shot, on 5 out of my 8 55's i can burn down all healers by myself. merc, sin, pt, sniper, jugg, on all of those classes i take down any healer no problem. The other 3 i can put substantial pressure to which a second player can tip the balance of and kill the healer. Anyone who has any kind of issue what so ever killing healers ESPECIALLY sorcs, is a lost cause and should probably quit while they have some dignity.

On your server.

In arena....eh. Healers can be countered.

mando healing remains the most difficult to master, but it's perfectly viable. sage healing is perfectly viable in yolo queue (with proper team), but it can be rough. it's not really difficult to master though. there are more good ones on my server than mando heals, and many more average ones than average mandos. operative remains the best choice and the most utility (smuggle is really big in yolo).

You may want to check out the second of the three sage answers:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7451068&postcount=1

Are the developers considering any changes to Seer spec to reduce the heavy reliance on casted abilities or to improve force management in a way that is not detrimental to survival? For example, improving Rejuvenate, reducing the lockout duration of Force Armor, or removing the health cost of Noble Sacrifice via set bonuses?

Sage/Sorcerer healers, we hear you and we see that our data validates what you are saying – as it shows you are currently performing behind both Scoundrel/Operative healers and Commando/Mercenary healers in PvP. We do not currently have any plans to share with you on how we intend to improve Sage/Sorcerer healing in PvP, but it is a priority for us, and we would love to hear your own ideas on how you would like Sage/Sorcerer healing to be improved in PvP without also making Sage/Sorcerer healing too good in PvE. We will say in advance that, “make such-and-such ability activate instantly,” is not a solution we are likely to consider (unless it is a temporary buff triggered by something else, and not a permanent reduction of activation time). Our goal is to keep Sage/Sorcerer healing as close as possible to the way it is in PvE, while improving how it performs in PvP.

Now here are some questions for the Sage/Sorcerer community, regarding Noble Sacrifice/Consumption. Do you believe removing the health cost of Noble Sacrifice/Consumption as a PvP set bonus would be something that PvE Sage/Sorcerer healers also feel like they need, or are PvE Sage/Sorcerers happier with their current set bonuses? If it is something that PvE Sages/Sorcerers would rather have as well, then which current PvE set bonus would you want to give up for it? Do you think that having a health-cost-free Noble Sacrifice/Consumption would be too good for PvE? Do you believe it might take away too much of the challenge for healing in PvE situations?

re-work rejuvenate/resurgence...so that it operates similar to surgical probe/emergency medpack.

Here is an example: rejuvenate/resurgence does 2000-3000 instantly w/10% armor buff...BUT you cannot cast as normal, instead it procs(stack=2 max?) as a cast whenever someones bubble you placed on anyone collapses and it re-procs if cast on anyone below 30%. also maybe in order to instantly gain it you can use your recklessness/force potency for 2 stacks. also still can proc into force bending/conveyance as normal.

or another simple one: rework dark heal/benevolence to be an instant cast.

Both of these would probably also require a re-tweaking of static barrier/force armor weather it be in duration or amount absorbed or a little of both.

Edited by masih_ad_dajjal

re-work rejuvenate/resurgence...so that it operates similar to surgical probe/emergency medpack.

Here is an example: rejuvenate/resurgence does 2000-3000 instantly w/10% armor buff...BUT you cannot cast as normal, instead it procs(stack=2 max?) as a cast whenever someones bubble you placed on anyone collapses and it re-procs if cast on anyone below 30%. also maybe in order to instantly gain it you can use your recklessness/force potency for 2 stacks.

or another simple one: rework dark heal/benevolence to be an instant cast.

Both of these would probably also require a re-tweaking of static barrier/force armor weather it be in duration or amount absorbed or a little of both.

Two words my friend:

Stone Spin, spin ice, spin ice: I'm on the mouth and teeth and lips speaking two holes I think so.

SORC AOE heal sucks and is why there is no incentive to go full heals over hybrid in solo ranked.

Also force management sucks. Why is consumption a thing at all and could it at least be off gcd or not grant force degeneration effects? Also keep up the good work people. I'm actually surprised people posted on this thread at all I thought no one gave a ****.