strongholds early access question

Jeweledleah

something that suddenly occurred to me.

so... say, i get my early access to my Nar Shaddaa palace. but some of my friends may not, by the virtue of being preffered players at the time.

would I still be able to invite them over to my abode? or will only subscribers at the time of early access, be allowed inside?

I would assume that the important distinction here would be that they will not be able to own and customize their own strongholds yet. I don't see any reason why they would be blocked from seeing another person's stronghold.

Blocking them from seeing a subscriber's stronghold would be like blocking players who don't have Section X authorization from seeing HK when a player has HK as their companion. It would be like blocking non-subscribing players who don't have active flashpoint / ops passes from being able to see the end-game gear equipped on players who ran that content and spent their end-game comms on things.

Considering this from another angle I'd also compare it to tagging along on another player's class quest in a location only accessible from that player's own ship (any of the random ships and space stations that we have to meet up with in between chapters or whenever else). You could be a Troooper and your friend could be a Smuggler. You personally do not have access to the Smuggler instance, but you can go there with your friend.

Ehm, did you guys read the mail that came with the title and the subteroth?

I must be missing something because I don't know what your quote has to do with the question the OP asked.

Ehm, did you guys read the mail that came with the title and the subteroth?

yes, I'm perfectly aware of WHEN subscribers will get early access. I'm wondering if my non subscriber friends NOT eligible for early access will have access to MY early access stronghold.

@Muljo_Stpho I hope it works the way you describe, but I'd rather be sure.

yes, I'm perfectly aware of WHEN subscribers will get early access. I'm wondering if my non subscriber friends NOT eligible for early access will have access to MY early access stronghold.

@Muljo_Stpho I hope it works the way you describe, but I'd rather be sure.

Yeah, Id say it will be fine, they just wont be able to own one, but will have no problem visiting. There is no reason to block them from that.

Yeah, Id say it will be fine, they just wont be able to own one, but will have no problem visiting. There is no reason to block them from that.

Though, there is no reason to restrict access to "Unify Colors" "Hide Helmet" and other options to free-to-play characters, but they're still doing it anyway.....

Though, there is no reason to restrict access to "Unify Colors" "Hide Helmet" and other options to free-to-play characters, but they're still doing it anyway.....

Yes there is, and its quite obvious, you pay them real money to unlock those, and lots of people do. and any on the GTN have been bought by someone so they still get their money.

There is no way to earn money by restricting the ability to visit strongholds, hence my reply.

I would be willing to bet money that non-subs will be allowed into the early access strongholds, they just won't be allowed to own one.

Two things make me think this:

1) It's already patched into the game and there's no content to be had by simply being there (like there was with RotHC) so there's really no content to restrict. You can look all you want, but you can't touch.

2) Envy is a fundamental marketing tool. If you see how cool your friend's stronghold is, the odds of you subscribing for a month just to get your own right now goes way up.

Edited by Rankyn

I must be missing something because I don't know what your quote has to do with the question the OP asked.

Oh lol...:D there was two topics about GS and had both open at the time. seems I tacked it onto the wrong one :p my bad...