GSF: Strike Nights

Nemarus

others announced ahead of time that they weren't going to participate. That included one guy who kept apologizing and mysteriously explaining that he was "working on something he'd been putting off" - maybe an achievement or something, I don't know - but he was in a GS the whole time.

We explained what was going on there. The player in question is working on the achievement (and legacy title) related to assists. We waited until midnight or so to start flying, and I'm not going to apologize for it. It's not like we hopped in at the beginning of strike night with the intention of ruining it for anyone. Originally we just queued up to get our daily done. Kept going when people complained.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We explained what was going on there. The player in question is working on the achievement (and legacy title) related to assists. We waited until midnight or so to start flying, and I'm not going to apologize for it. It's not like we hopped in at the beginning of strike night with the intention of ruining it for anyone. Originally we just queued up to get our daily done. Kept going when people complained.

Wasn't asking for an apology. It's just that I was looking forward to strike night, but for all intents and purposes, it simply didn't happen. Kind of a bummer, that's all. Not a big deal.

To be clear, I tried several times over the course of a few hours (starting around 9pm ET). The one experience I described (and that you witnessed) was one of many. Even the guy in question was seemingly apologetic. Though honestly, it wasn't clear to me that assist farming was his actual objective; I don't know why he didn't simply state that. I thought the discussion in chat on the subject was assumption on your (or whoever's) part, not necessarily actual fact. And can you not get assists with a strike anyway? Take a couple of pot shots at somebody, move on to the next guy, and so on. Yes, sure, lolgun is an automatic assist machine, but it isn't as if assist farming completely obviates strikes.

Anyway, like I said, not really a big deal, just bummed. Hope that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is the final Strike Night before GSH and Conquests release!

In light of the fact that Mondays will be the "rest day" for conquest, during which no one can receive conquest points, some have suggested moving Strike Night to another night.

Why? Well, the conquest "rest day" is an opportunity to do some non-grindy things. RP, decorating, high level ops, etc. We suspect that for those who have been queuing in GSF all week to earn conquest points (since GSF will always reward some), being compelled to queue for GSF on the "rest day" might be a bit much.

Right now, I've heard some people suggest Wednesday or Friday. I'll be asking around on [Gsf] to figure out what tomorrow's participants think of a potential time change.

Tomorrow is the final Strike Night before GSH and Conquests release!

In light of the fact that Mondays will be the "rest day" for conquest, during which no one can receive conquest points, some have suggested moving Strike Night to another night.

Why? Well, the conquest "rest day" is an opportunity to do some non-grindy things. RP, decorating, high level ops, etc. We suspect that for those who have been queuing in GSF all week to earn conquest points (since GSF will always reward some), being compelled to queue for GSF on the "rest day" might be a bit much.

Right now, I've heard some people suggest Wednesday or Friday. I'll be asking around on [Gsf] to figure out what tomorrow's participants think of a potential time change.

As things currently are, I sit out on Monday nights out of respect for the fact that people want to participate in Strike Night. I've tried it, I don't personally enjoy it, and so I prefer to just avoid playing rather than ruining it for anyone else.

Conquest stuff changes things. I plan to queue up for GSF to earn points. I will continue to do so even if Strike Night is moved to another night, and no, I won't be flying a strike fighter exclusively. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way, either.

As things currently are, I sit out on Monday nights out of respect for the fact that people want to participate in Strike Night. I've tried it, I don't personally enjoy it, and so I prefer to just avoid playing rather than ruining it for anyone else.

Conquest stuff changes things. I plan to queue up for GSF to earn points. I will continue to do so even if Strike Night is moved to another night, and no, I won't be flying a strike fighter exclusively. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way, either.

TBH, I do too. If I'm swapping between games and I come onto SWTOR for GSF, then realize it's Monday, I leave TEH. It's out of respect for those that want to participate, because they'll have a better time immersing themselves in the strikes rather than just getting blasted by a GS (because shooting a bunch of slow targets is not fun, it's digital whack-a-mole).

It sucks too because I don't have the care for the game as I once did (with Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen running on 3 monitors with a full HOTAS, it's a lot more immersive which is what I'm trying to go after for gaming). Whatever day you change strike night too, please let the community know :)