Buy Cartel Coins for others?

EntriasPavok

I recently talked my teenage son into playing SWTOR, and I'd like to at least buy him some cartel coins to make him preferred instead of f2p. Yes, I could get his password and just buy them from the site. No, I'd prefer not to do that. Is it possible to buy them from the site for other people, or would I just have to buy a card if I wanted to go that route?

I'm pretty sure the store is the only way to do it, I'm afraid. But... since most items are tradeable after a two day waiting period you could just buy him the items and trade them to him. :) (edit: Meh, should've read more closely)

Alternatively, buy him a gamecard. That way he gets a few months of subcription and 500 CC for every month he's subscribed.

Edited by Wylf

They sell cartel coin cards at your local best buy or Wal-Mart has them it's basically the same thing and while your there buy a sub card for 50$us your in the game for 2 months and have 2400 coin

^^ this :)

They sell cartel coin cards at your local best buy or Wal-Mart has them it's basically the same thing and while your there buy a sub card for 50$us your in the game for 2 months and have 2400 coin

^^ This x2. Amazon.com does them online and delivers an instant code to your email. He then can copy and paste it in his SWTOR account page and redeem a code. Bingo, he will have cartel coins

Edited by DarthMaulUK

^^ This x2. Amazon.com does them online and delivers and instant code to your email. He then can copy and paste it in his SWTOR account page and redeem a code. Bingo, he will have cartel coins

Yep. Amazon ftw. I am asking for these for Christmas this year :)

Trying to imagine the conversation where the parent is convincing the teenager to play a computer game.

"Please? It'll be fun. There's lightsabers!"

"Not now, dad. If I don't ace my A levels I'll never get admitted to Brown."

"But there's lightsabers!"

"Plus, I'm actively monitoring those NAT shares I bought with my summer job's income... I think it's almost time to sell."

"BUT THERE'S LIGHTSABERS."

*sigh* "I'll level with you until the end of Tython."

"Yay!"

Trying to imagine the conversation where the parent is convincing the teenager to play a computer game.

"Please? It'll be fun. There's lightsabers!"

"Not now, dad. If I don't ace my A levels I'll never get admitted to Brown."

"But there's lightsabers!"

"Plus, I'm actively monitoring those NAT shares I bought with my summer job's income... I think it's almost time to sell."

"BUT THERE'S LIGHTSABERS."

*sigh* "I'll level with you until the end of Tython."

"Yay!"

Down With Brown!!! (Went to Clarkson, and anyone we play with a D1 hockey team must fall!!)

Apparently Amazon also someitmes has sales with the cartel coins (so I've heard). Would love to verify this, but regardless they do indeed sell cards which are pretty easy to, ya know, hand over to your son :p

OP, I'll tell ya what...because I'm a nice guy, I'll let you buy the code on Amazon, PM it to me, and I'll do you a favor and make sure it works the way we all seem to think it will. Having teenage sons of my own, I know the last thing any dad wants to do is look un-cool to them. ;)