When is Nautolan and Togruta being added as the new species unlocks?

RaithHarth

benotvideovailable :o

I recommend proxtube. Firefox/Chrome addon that adds the ability to use a proxy for certain unavailable youtube videos. Works in one click and only bugs you when it's needed, i.E. when a video isn't available.

In the character "Appearance Designer"? They are obviously the two most popular candidates for the unlock

A. After they fix the clipping issues with the Twi'lek w.r.t. hoods and helmets. That will be the Sign that you seek.

Edited by therandyman

I thought I read in a gold post in a thread about species that they weren't planning to do Togruta (and one would assume Nautolan as well) because their lekku is at the front and would clip through chestpieces, particularly during cutscenes and battle when the character animates/gestures?

• 2 months later...
if the helmets a problem why not make it different for twi'leks and nautolans, or make the helmets not visible at all? I dunno but doesn't seam like a huge problem, or is it? I kno for sure I wouldnt have my helmet visible on my nautolan anyways

This is totally a personal opinion, and ultimately a matter of taste, but I'll state it here anyways. Head gear in a game where you can cusomize your head is completely stupid. Why the hell would you even bother spending a second in the character customization screen if you're going to have a visible helmet anyways? It's a thing that just baffles me.

How is this related? Because I would not care one tiny bit if they made helmets completely and utterly invisible for species that are considered problematic. I've never had a head item shown on any of my twi'leks, and never will. If they even release Togruta, I wouldn't do so with that either. I mean, why bother having a species with a head that obviously doesn't fit into standard head gear if you're just going to cover it up? If it really bothers anyone that much that this or that head ornament (99% of the head items in this game cannot be called helmets with a straight face) doesn't fit, then make a damn human already.

This is totally a personal opinion, and ultimately a matter of taste, but I'll state it here anyways. Head gear in a game where you can cusomize your head is completely stupid. Why the hell would you even bother spending a second in the character customization screen if you're going to have a visible helmet anyways? It's a thing that just baffles me.

How is this related? Because I would not care one tiny bit if they made helmets completely and utterly invisible for species that are considered problematic. I've never had a head item shown on any of my twi'leks, and never will. If they even release Togruta, I wouldn't do so with that either. I mean, why bother having a species with a head that obviously doesn't fit into standard head gear if you're just going to cover it up? If it really bothers anyone that much that this or that head ornament (99% of the head items in this game cannot be called helmets with a straight face) doesn't fit, then make a damn human already.

I pretty much hide my head gear on every char. I see no reason to go through all the trouble of making a nice face for my char just so I can hide it behind a mask. :(

I generally follow the same rule. The exceptions are the Smuggler's wide-brimmed hat and a green helmet that I still miss very much early in BH story. It veiled the bottom of the face leaving the eyes opened, and made my Cathar look wonderfully exotic and dangerous.

I think armor is the bigger issue (for clipping; the variety of faces is probably the main thinggie). But!

There is already a few Nauts in the game wearing heavy and medium armor without clipping. So if a couple of orange chests were included with the unlock the player would have some decent starting choices and experiment from there. Good 30% of the players I see run the kind of outfits that can't clip anything topside ever!

So, fingers crossed?

Nohgri or Ortolan. Maybe Gen'Dai.

Ortolan is to short they would have to make new armor models to fit them

Gen'dai are the reverse they are to large and would also need new armor models made

Noghri is the only one of those three that appears to be of normal human size and build to work but the question remains can they speak Galactic Basic (English)? If they can't then they are also off the list.

I think the same applies to Twileks.

Yep I never play male Twi'leks they just don't look right especially when you consider the males have normal human ears while the females have those bulb like protrusions.

Males with lekku, mysterious slanted eyes, and gorgeous coloring - oh, yes, I am sold! :) I am not taking offence. But I consider Twileks the prettiest race in the SW verse with Nauts an Togrutas very close second :)

I play 4 Twileks - 2 males and 2 females, and all look stunning to me :) I almost made the 5 th one but ended up with a Miri

Edited by DomiSotto

It is, because Bioware is lazy. Like, incredibly lazy. WoW at least cut holes in the helmets for troll ears/Tauren horns to stick out...

This is absolutely incorrect. WoW still has tons of long-standing clipping problems that remain unfixed since BC. For example, wear the voidheart raiment for BE's and see for yourself that their ears still clip through the helm. Blizzard is not a beacon of work ethic as you claim they are.

I mean, why bother having a species with a head that obviously doesn't fit into standard head gear if you're just going to cover it up?

For RP purpose I presume. Sometimes they don't want to be a Twi'lek, so they hide lekku under the headgear.

However, people are aware of the clipping issue when it comes to choosing a Twi'lek species. The same case would be with Nautolan or Togruta - people would willingly accept the clipping issues as they do it with a Twi'lek race, so I don't know why Bioware is so stubborn.

Edited by PavSalco

Nohgri, Ortolan, or Gen'Dai.

Once again for those who don't read previous pages.

Ortolan is to short they would have to make new armor models to fit them

Gen'dai are the reverse they are to large and would also need new armor models made

Noghri is the only one of those three that appears to be of normal human size and build to work but the question remains can they speak Galactic Basic (English)? If they can't then they are also off the list.