Could we get like manual group v group?

Verain

In world of warcraft, there is a a feature called "wargame". This allows you to fight another group, in a battleground or arena.

No rewards, such as honor, rating, or conquest are awarded.

We should have this feature in GSF, so we can queue against each other! It's wouldn't be used often, but it would be pretty great to have. Obviously it wouldn't make req, quests complete, etc.

GSF is healthy we are happy were it is.

Why bother asking for features, when they have all but said they aren't interested in implementing them. GSF is an afterthought to SWTOR, it isn't the focus, it's not even a real concern and it suffers from all the problems you can expect afterthoughts to have.

Why bother asking for features, when they have all but said they aren't interested in implementing them. GSF is an afterthought to SWTOR, it isn't the focus, it's not even a real concern and it suffers from all the problems you can expect afterthoughts to have.

What a wonderful attitude to have. If I only could bring that ray of sunshine to all my daily challenges.

I do agree it would be unrealistic to ask for something that requires a lot of dev time and testing. But something orthogonal to the rest of the game (aka, no "currency" is made) is mostly just a straightforward feature plus testing to ensure it isn't inherently crap. This is very much something that could be added.

The problem is, much like in WoW, the feature is rarely used. Most of the time you want that currency, whatever it is, and aren't really focused on just setting up gentlemanly fun stuffs.

I would actually pay for the privilege of using a feature like this. It's rare that a feature benefits both PvP (there isn't a better idea out there for pilot training - if I could organize training groups and guaranteed we'd all land in the same match against one another, that is all I would be doing with my SWTOR time right now and I couldn't be happier to think about that) and RP (so many times when I'm smokin' that cigarette outside am I listening to some kickass music and scripting a GSF scene in my head!).

Great idea, Verain! Bioware, I'd actually like to see this before Pazaak. That's saying something. Please make this happen for 2.9. -bp

(Who's the HMFIC of the GSF stuff? I wanna PM this thread and make them aware of it. This would be a hugely popular feature.)

Edited by Sidenti

Yeah, City of Heroes had a way of queueing up different PVP type matches... and I think it was rewards free (or some parts of it were). A lot of people liked it and it would help with ground and space if people wanted to have their own events, etc. I think it would actually improve the population issues and drive up interest.