There should be single player tutorial

lpsmash

I just did my first starfighter battle and to be honest, I had no idea what the heck was going on in there. Just imagine playing swtor for the first time and being thrown into a warzone, as your first gameplay experience. This makes no sense whatsoever..

There should be a training mission or call it whatever you want to at least be familiar with the interface. No, reading about it in the tutorial doesn't help, you need to actually learn while playing the game. There's a lot going on there and it's too much to just read and remember about it.

I just did my first starfighter battle and to be honest, I had no idea what the heck was going on in there. Just imagine playing swtor for the first time and being thrown into a warzone, as your first gameplay experience. This makes no sense whatsoever..

There should be a training mission or call it whatever you want to at least be familiar with the interface. No, reading about it in the tutorial doesn't help, you need to actually learn while playing the game. There's a lot going on there and it's too much to just read and remember about it.

That's why the tutorial can be visited multiple times.

Indeed. The tutorial will teach basic UI and ship management, but if you can't shoot at an actual lead indicator and can't get shot AT consistently, it won't help with combat.

I am convinced the failure of basic training is how people are posting single-digit hit percentages. They must be shooting at the ship and not the indicator, which is intuitive for people that haven't played with lead indicators before.

hmm I had to reread this thread a few times and I think I see something missing.

Ipsmash,I don't if you know this yet but when you open the GSF hangar window do you see the question mark on the top-right corner? If you haven't notice that question mark button will show you that tutorial that you are talking about.

Totally feel for you OP. For some reason the dev's in their infinite wisdom chose to give the tutorial very little visibility (the ? Icon in the upper right of hanger)

It should be part of a PvP mission that grants access to GSF queues. Allowing people into the game with no warning is a terribad idea.

The current tutorial is not perfect by a long shot, but at least you learn some basic commands and how the game is supposed to work. A working tutorial with moving targets would be great, also additional explanations of things like components, switching spawns etc.

Seems like the first couple matches are the tutorial levels for how to get face rolled. The whole entry to GSF has been marred since the subs began playing with preferred, and the subs / prefs started playing with the F2Ps. Gear is one thing, but general experience is a whole other. Maybe a year down the road we'll see a x-server ranked mode where the vets don't have to put new players in this position, but idk if that would be easier than creating a new and revamped tutorial. Just doesn't seem to be high priority. I just wonder how many people they were expecting to play the game, and how many return after a week (the first 10 matches are just painful though by yourself).

Instead of a better single player tutorial, since that apparently can't happen right now, you should definitely try reaching out to GSFers on your server and communicate with them about grouping. That way, you can start to find people who have similar interests as you and potentially could give you some advice / cover your butt! Good luck

You guys know you can practice independent flying and advanced obstacle negotiation within the tutorial as well, right? It's excellent for getting the feel of how the flight controls work.

Simply jet to the middle of the map (to spacebar through the pauses in play for tutorial information) and refuse to engage the turrets. Enjoy 12-13 minutes of "freeflight" (engagement area borders still in effect).

For bonus points? Find the derelict Imperial starcruiser. It's got a very narrow pathway that will require talent to fly quickly. Practice makes perfect! -bp