The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro PvE DPS on the PTS

Aetrus

Excuse all the acronyms in the title. Has anyone parsed Pyro PTs on the PTS yet? If so, how are they? The changes look big for the PvE side of things.

The +35% burn chance and +2% crit chance and reliable procs from alacrity not screwing with it brought us well over 15% higher

Expect to be topping the dps charts

Edited by TACeMossie

The +35% burn chance and +2% crit chance and reliable procs from alacrity not screwing with it brought us well over 15% higher

Expect to be topping the dps charts

Is the crit chance increase to ranged, tech, or both?

PTS Parse >>> http://www.torparse.com/a/662786/time/1399052728/1399052975/0/Overview

This has been my best parse so far. Some things to note... I have a Brutalizer Focused Ret Relic, 1 Dread Master Implant, and Dread Master Gloves. Also have an Arkanian armoring in my pants. The rest is min/maxed Dread Forged.

My best parse on live was ~3750.

Edited by mmerry

PTS Parse >>> http://www.torparse.com/a/662786/time/1399052728/1399052975/0/Overview

This has been my best parse so far. Some things to note... I have a Brutalizer Focused Ret Relic, 1 Dread Master Implant, and Dread Master Gloves. Also have an Arkanian armoring in my pants. The rest is min/maxed Dread Forged.

My best parse on live was ~3750.

I feel like this might make PTs OP in PvP again. Bioware must hate healers.

The changes are nice, I've seen a lot of people performing on the 3,9 - 4k line. I did around 3.6k using 72/78 stuff and a nice lag courtesy of PTS.

Now, I think they should be toned down just a little bit... I know it's crazy but at the same time if these go live we will get back into pre 2.0 most used line: "ZoMg PT Pyro opness, nerfbat Bioware!", leading to another 2.0 fiasco for Pyro

The changes are nice, I've seen a lot of people performing on the 3,9 - 4k line. I did around 3.6k using 72/78 stuff and a nice lag courtesy of PTS.

Now, I think they should be toned down just a little bit... I know it's crazy but at the same time if these go live we will get back into pre 2.0 most used line: "ZoMg PT Pyro opness, nerfbat Bioware!", leading to another 2.0 fiasco for Pyro

I think the difference now is that the major buff in the damage came from the dots, not burst; and even then it's not looking anywhere near as bad as pre-2.0. From my experience the majority of people that call for nerfs are PvPers (PvEers generally call for buffs) and I'm not sure how this change will effect PvP. The only thing I can see it doing is making multi-dotting slightly better, but we'll have to see. I'm just glad we're close to the top now, just waiting for Pyro Merc tears, they'll be delicious.

I think the difference now is that the major buff in the damage came from the dots, not burst; and even then it's not looking anywhere near as bad as pre-2.0. From my experience the majority of people that call for nerfs are PvPers (PvEers generally call for buffs) and I'm not sure how this change will effect PvP. The only thing I can see it doing is making multi-dotting slightly better, but we'll have to see. I'm just glad we're close to the top now, just waiting for Pyro Merc tears, they'll be delicious.

I pretty much agree with this.. The opener is still pretty much the same.. the only thing that is different is that the dots are hitting harder, but its the RS,RP,RS/TD that is going to be your main burst.. oh and shoulder cannon spam obv... so yeah, overall damage at the end of a WZ/Arena will be higher, but burst is more or less the same imo

I pretty much agree with this.. The opener is still pretty much the same.. the only thing that is different is that the dots are hitting harder, but its the RS,RP,RS/TD that is going to be your main burst.. oh and shoulder cannon spam obv... so yeah, overall damage at the end of a WZ/Arena will be higher, but burst is more or less the same imo

It does look like the burst will be ~500 dps higher though...

EDIT - well in PvE at least. PvP is probably closer to ~250 dps

Edited by TACeMossie

You know, I thought the same thing.

But then I looked at all the candy every other class got and said '**** it'.

I mean, sins lost KD, but got another stun on spike (!!!)

OP DPS are getting defenses buffed.

Jugg ED is still going to be amazing with a ten second timer, and better off than a PT tank.

Mercs lost any and all pushback penalties and gained immunity to interrupts.

It just doesn't matter anymore. There is no balance.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

You know, I thought the same thing.

But then I looked at all the candy every other class got and said '**** it'.

I mean, sins lost KD, but got another stun on spike (!!!)

OP DPS are getting defenses buffed.

Jugg ED is still going to be amazing with a ten second timer, and better off than a PT tank.

Mercs lost any and all pushback penalties and gained immunity to interrupts.

It just doesn't matter anymore. There is no balance.

We're all balanced in god mode :jawa_cool:

But personally I feel the 3800-3900 mark is the "ideal" level for all dps, where melee is slightly higher than ranged because of movement mechanics. 4000+ should be reserved for AoE heavy fights and that godly parse with 65% crit chance; 4100 = shenanigans.

At least for right now no content requires 4k dps, that may change but our dps will only go up with the next gear teirs. Yes it may be an over-buff but at least it provides a nice alternative to sniper-stacking :rolleyes:

It does look like the burst will be ~500 dps higher though...

EDIT - well in PvE at least. PvP is probably closer to ~250 dps

I'm interested to see how you got that number, is that from the 2% crit or does that include the buffed DoTs? I wouldn't think there'd be enough ticks of the dots during that TD explosion/ railshot window

I'm interested to see how you got that number, is that from the 2% crit or does that include the buffed DoTs? I wouldn't think there'd be enough ticks of the dots during that TD explosion/ railshot window

I always felt like the burst ended at the second railshot, as it was always around there where I drew aggro in PvE. As such, we get 3 IM ticks, 2 TD ticks and a boatload of CGC ticks - and thats what causes the increased burst