Carnage, can we get a visual when opportune attack and

gofortheko

• 3 weeks later...
There is a visual and sound cue for both procs. They're a bit hard to see with everything else going on, though. Between Berserk/Zen, the Weaponmaster buff, and Fury/Centering, it's a lot to look out for (Execute being prime in this. Slaughter is pretty easy to spot.). I recommend keeping an eye on your buff bar at all times. Buffs are a million times easier to spot than the animations.

if you're talking about [Ataru Form], there is something there.

really, it just looks like [viscous Slash] with a dual wield, but with the addition of that red circle thing you see when you turn on your [Ataru Form] over the enemy when you strike it when the form is triggered.

sometimes if you use [Force Choke] at melee range when your sabers aren't everywhere at once, you can see it happen. unfortunately the target, if NPC, can attack you when it triggers because the target drops down from being suspended when you strike it. i am sure players can do that to, but fitting an instant ability in there, in a short window of time, when the person is close enough, on certain occasions, is pretty hard to do because it isn't automatic like with NPCs.

i wish it was something more intricate like a leap up, spin, slice with both sabers pointing outwards, then land in an awesome pose. especially since the description of [Ataru Form] says:

-enters and an acrobatic lightsaber form-

Yeah it's hard to see it but its there. I would be happy if they just changed the buff icon for the force belch proc, because it blends in too well with with the colorful imperial class buffs and what not. The viscous throw one is a lot easier to see imo.

Like, the dark blue icon of the blade storm proc on combat stands out really well against the yellow/dull grey of the republic buffs and I like that WAY more than carnage which I feel like I'm constantly forced to keep an eye on the buffs. Combat sent it's a little easier to work with because I always notice it when it comes up. The dispatch proc blends in really well, though, on pub but what I do (for both) is put a 1 slot quickbar with dispatch/VT in it and put it in like the middle of my screen and enormous so I know when it's good to use and can tell from the health bar if its just available because of 30% health or whether it actually procc'd etc.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

Yeah it's hard to see it but its there. I would be happy if they just changed the buff icon for the force belch proc, because it blends in too well with with the colorful imperial class buffs and what not. The viscous throw one is a lot easier to see imo.

Like, the dark blue icon of the blade storm proc on combat stands out really well against the yellow/dull grey of the republic buffs and I like that WAY more than carnage which I feel like I'm constantly forced to keep an eye on the buffs. Combat sent it's a little easier to work with because I always notice it when it comes up. The dispatch proc blends in really well, though, on pub but what I do (for both) is put a 1 slot quickbar with dispatch/VT in it and put it in like the middle of my screen and enormous so I know when it's good to use and can tell from the health bar if its just available because of 30% health or whether it actually procc'd etc.

yes, force belch...

[force scream] is a cross between a tiger roar, and a burp. the tone is low, and the volume is very low, compared to many other attacks. the low tone and low volume make "scream" a poor term. then you have that white smoke that is left over for a couple seconds, which makes it look like a burp as well.

i think it should be the loudest attack ingame, but not enough to hurt your ears. instead of a fast burst of white mist hitting the target, which is observable from long range, there should be distortions, like waves of heat. the distortions move fast towards the target in a narrow cone, like its icon shows. nothing should linger around for any amount of time. the tone should be medium, like a normal scream (nothing like a shriek you'd make if you saw a spider).

i think it should be the loudest attack ingame, but not enough to hurt your ears. instead of a fast burst of white mist hitting the target, which is observable from long range, there should be distortions, like waves of heat. the distortions move fast towards the target in a narrow cone, like its icon shows. nothing should linger around for any amount of time. the tone should be medium, like a normal scream (nothing like a shriek you'd make if you saw a spider).

In reality it should look something like the shock-wave from a fighter breaking the sound barrier blowing through the target. That would be the best representation of Force Scream IMHO. However, if they were to give Warriors another AoE attack, Force Scream/Blade Storm would be the best attack for this. A ranged cone attack of 45 degrees up to 20 meters. That's something I'd like to see.

In reality it should look something like the shock-wave from a fighter breaking the sound barrier blowing through the target. That would be the best representation of Force Scream IMHO. However, if they were to give Warriors another AoE attack, Force Scream/Blade Storm would be the best attack for this. A ranged cone attack of 45 degrees up to 20 meters. That's something I'd like to see.

perhaps an instant AoE, don't see those often (i think death field and its mirror are the only ones). just a narrow cone, very quick that strikes the enemies in front of you. maybe a quick, 1 second charge up one where you breath in a ton of air beforehand so people can see it coming. i'd say 10 meters would be better, but you can use a tree to 12.5 or 15 meters

Edited by CyberneticDucks

perhaps an instant AoE, don't see those often (i think death field and its mirror are the only ones). just a narrow cone, very quick that strikes the enemies in front of you. maybe a quick, 1 second charge up one where you breath in a ton of air beforehand so people can see it coming. i'd say 10 meters would be better, but you can use a tree to 12.5 or 15 meters

Nice idea. Here you go, BioWare. Mara 3.0 ability ideas. Came up with an idea for this

Deafening Scream

Level 56 Req

4 Rage

30 Second CD

1.5 Sec Cast

Fills your lungs with as much air as possible and releases it in a scream, deafening all enemies in front of you up to 15 meters; stunning them for 2 seconds and dealing <XXX>-<XXX> kinetic damage.

Just a thought. For balancing, maybe it can't be used if FS is on cooldown. Maybe add a talent in Carnage that makes it free when Execute is consumed and removes the above lockout. Add a talent for more damage or range if you're Rage. Have it add a small bleed if you're Anni (Nothing like Rupture or Deadly Saber, but something like Veng Juggs get for FS). Again, just thoughts, but I like the idea of an AoE scream.