Jedi knight trailer armor???

kirorx

Are we ever going to see this Jedi knight armor in game?

Also the missions in this trailer look cool but I don't recall ever seeing them....I mean a fight above the Sarlacc on a sail barge; epic

Edited by kirorx

Are we ever going to see this Jedi knight armor in game?

Also the missions in this trailer look cool but I don't recall ever seeing them....I mean a fight above the Sarlacc on a sail barge; epic

That armor is in the game already...

http://tor-fashion.com/jedi-battlelord/

Only issue is that you can't toggle the hood. Aside that, it's EXACTLY the same.

Hooded version is the Jedi Battlelord set (heavy armor, random drop from mobs on high level planets)

Unhooded version is not in the game (but could probably be replicated by one of the "tiara" headpieces that disable the hood.

And then there is the Jedi Valiant cartel Market Set, which is the armor from CGI trailers

The rather obnoxious part is how many times they've used that set in advertisements post-launch when you can't get it in game. (No the hooded version is not the same)

It's also at the character creation screen.

It's got to become available some time

It's also at the character creation screen.

It's got to become available some time

No the armor at the character creation is the Valiant Jedi cartel set. They released all 8 class sets from the character creation screens. Heartless Pursuer for BH, Sith Raider for Warriors, Clandestine Officer for Agents, etc.

No the armor at the character creation is the Valiant Jedi cartel set. They released all 8 class sets from the character creation screens. Heartless Pursuer for BH, Sith Raider for Warriors, Clandestine Officer for Agents, etc.

No they didn't. The Jedi Knight character creation screen armor has not been released. The Valiant Jedi set is a recreation of the CGI trailer set and is not the armor that's shown at character creation.

Edited by MillionsKNives

No the armor at the character creation is the Valiant Jedi cartel set.

No it isn't. The armor in the character creation has shoulder pads, different gauntlets, and different leggings.

Battlelord vs Valiant...

http://tor-fashion.com/valiant-jedi/

They released all 8 class sets from the character creation screens. Heartless Pursuer for BH, Sith Raider for Warriors, Clandestine Officer for Agents, etc.

Nope, that is not the case with the JK. The first big give away is that the Valiant set isn't white followed by the fact that it doesn't have shoulder pads. Obviously you can dye it white but my point is more about the fact that it should be more obvious that they're different given the 7 other sets are all exactly identical in parts and color.

I stand corrected. I apologize, I haven't rolled a Knight in over a year. I went back and looked, and it's not quite the same. Weird that they did that but didn't change the other sets.

It is a bit strange

Someone mentioned the battle lord set that set does look like the same set but with the hood up

I feel like maybe they originally wanted a hood toggle option so we got one set with the hood up because you would be able to put it down

Actually maybe that is the reason we have yet to see a hood down version of an item that has a hood up version...just in case the do add the toogle.

People would be pretty upset if a toggle came out after they dropped cartel coins on a hood down version of an item already available for no coins.

Hmmm.

Either way that armor set is awesome and I would like to see it available in some way :)

Edited by kirorx

As some who has the full set on his Jedi guardian. Yes its the battle lord armor, however they have refused to fix it.

The first thing if you take a head piece, that brings the cloak down, instead of the cloak being down. It completely disappears. I have put in a bug report but no surprise they have not fixed it. Note months ago.

The second item, like all things trailer related, they tease you with it. Then make it so you can never have that look. Meaning again the hood.

I would not expect changes on this within this century. I have been trying to get them to fix certain trooper armors, and no surprise they refuse.

Last but not least I could be wrong, but I think they changed the shade of green on it. I believe that it is different then what it was at launch. It seems like they also added more orange into it. No proof just seems that way.

Hope this helps op.

As some who has the full set on his Jedi guardian. Yes its the battle lord armor, however they have refused to fix it.

The first thing if you take a head piece, that brings the cloak down, instead of the cloak being down. It completely disappears. I have put in a bug report but no surprise they have not fixed it. Note months ago.

The second item, like all things trailer related, they tease you with it. Then make it so you can never have that look. Meaning again the hood.

I would not expect changes on this within this century. I have been trying to get them to fix certain trooper armors, and no surprise they refuse.

Last but not least I could be wrong, but I think they changed the shade of green on it. I believe that it is different then what it was at launch. It seems like they also added more orange into it. No proof just seems that way.

Hope this helps op.

Because there's simply nothing to fix, seeing it's not exactly a bug.

Take valiant jedi and be happy with it, because THAT is what that armor is. Char creation = CGI trailer armor.

The marketing detailed other armor with hood down is NOT something intended as seperate, it was always to be the Valiant Jedi, but artistic differences in CGI design made it different.

Hence bbattllord is an outdated armor, Jedi Knight trailer was shot with way way worse and incomplete version of beta, almost alpha phase game. The lightsabers are still ridonkolously huge for example. JK trailer is outdated, and a joke version of alpha state game. Forget it.

Take valiant jedi and be happy with it, because THAT is what that armor is. Char creation = CGI trailer armor.

The marketing detailed other armor with hood down is NOT something intended as seperate, it was always to be the Valiant Jedi, but artistic differences in CGI design made it different.

Hence bbattllord is an outdated armor, Jedi Knight trailer was shot with way way worse and incomplete version of beta, almost alpha phase game. The lightsabers are still ridonkolously huge for example. JK trailer is outdated, and a joke version of alpha state game. Forget it.

1) No, it's not the same as the character creation armor.

2) No, it's not the same as the armor used in the marketing material.

3) The character creation armor is the same as the armor used in the marketing (with a different color).

4) How can armor that is available in the game be outdated (the Jedi Battlelord set)?

5) What does a badly scaled lightsaber have to do with the topic?

6) The models for the marketing armor and the character creation armor already exist in the game, separately from the Valiant Jedi set, but are simply not available to characters.

1) No, it's not the same as the character creation armor.

2) No, it's not the same as the armor used in the marketing material.

3) The character creation armor is the same as the armor used in the marketing (with a different color).

4) How can armor that is available in the game be outdated (the Jedi Battlelord set)?

5) What does a badly scaled lightsaber have to do with the topic?

6) The models for the marketing armor and the character creation armor already exist in the game, separately from the Valiant Jedi set, but are simply not available to characters.

Even this could be rectified, if a white + medium brown dye already existed in the game.

EDIT:

@Manweth: Also, as Darth_Obvious pointed out earlier...

http://tor-fashion.com/valiant-jedi/

So as Knives said, definitely NOT the same.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You are wrong. Armor in char creation is NOT Jedi Valliant (CGI Return trailer armor). It is a hood down Battlelord armor with Brown/White dye, or the armor that is used in promo material (ingame shots) for Jedi Knight, with the same dye.

Short and simple, it is a armor that does not fully exist in the game

You are wrong. Armor in char creation is NOT Jedi Valliant (CGI Return trailer armor). It is a hood down Battlelord armor with Brown/White dye, or the armor that is used in promo material (ingame shots) for Jedi Knight, with the same dye.

Short and simple, it is a armor that does not fully exist in the game

Char creation version has a backplate, while consistent with Battlelord, has a different coloration on detail scheme that is consisten with Valiant Jedi.

I for one, hate that backplate, and the hood down battlelord not being in game is not an issue for me.

Objectively though, I don't think that "char creation" version of battlelord was never designed to be consistent with Unify to Chest color.

After looking at the Jedi Battle Lord Armor, Jedi Valiant Armor and Guardian Exalted I can definitely see some differences between thoughs and the armor in the video but the differences are pretty freaking small.

I don't see BioWare releasing that armor any time soon if ever,sorry.