The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

is this weird or what bounty hunter romance

JJTEAMA

the one thing about it I the one thing about it I find very strange is the romance because depending on how you make the Bounty Hunter in character creator. He can look like almost any age. I am thinking with the version I made.

but you but your first companion looks like she is around the age of 17

I am just saying it seems very strange does all

IIRC Mako is supposed to be around 20 when you can marry her.

She does look very young tho, and I personally think that is beause of the (again, just personal opinion) anorectic dimensions of the body type 1 for females.

But then again, even if your bounty hunter looks like he is in his forties (I doubt you can make him look older than that) it wouldn't be unheard of for a rich and successful man to date a 20 year old... Just look at hollywood.

the one thing about it I the one thing about it I find very strange is the romance because depending on how you make the Bounty Hunter in character creator. He can look like almost any age. I am thinking with the version I made.

but you but your first companion looks like she is around the age of 17

I am just saying it seems very strange does all

It's ROLE PLAYING. If you make your bounty hunter to look like he's fifty and you proceed to flirt with Mako anyhow, you have no reason to complain about it because you customized your character youself, and you then chose to flirt with her.

If you don't flirt with Mako she goes about and dates Torian. Perhaps that's a better option for you.

A friend of mine read me your post so now I can answer them I'm glad to see you there is one person that understands my point of view on this matter and as for the other matter of harm and torture and kill him yes I have a problem with that but the nice thing about this game is you don't really see I wouldn't be able I wouldn't be able to play this game it was like since I have changed my settings to make the graphics look prettier with a with an enemy they ju they just stand around frozen they do not even fall over which I like dead NCP standing. And just so you know I tried to make my guy look like he was in his early 20's or at least late 20's by by accident I don't know why that could happen Edited by JJTEAMA

BH romance option gave me a pause as well. Not Maco, Torian. I am used to the usual comfy late twenties - early thirties romance options from Bio.

Initially I figured I'd play a teen. I used to be one, I could do it! Yay? Well, I didn't like my baby-faced Rattataki much, and ended up deleting her without playing. A teen BH? Just doesn't compute.

I decided to try to go with a real deal cougar, and bought a Cathar unlock + wrote a background for a grande dame. Then someone mentioned Bieber in connection to Torian. I, erm, familiarized myself with about half a song of the source material while running in the gym (couldn't take more, the guy is seriously bad). I will likely hitch him with Mako and be a Space Nun... sucks, but yeah, if a romantic interests prompts me to think: "Very nice, dear, now where is your dad?"... space nun is a better option.

But i feel that the actual teenagers who play the game will appreciate the options!

Edited by DomiSotto

Does everyone always look their age? I have a friend who is in her 40's but she is always mistaken for being in her early 20's so it really is hard to judge an age by looking at someone.

I not sure the ages of either of the bounty hunter companions but judging a companion by what they look like might be the wrong way to approach this.

I understand that he might be of a youthful appearance, but iirc neither Maco, nor Torian convey maturity in the dialogues either :) I have heard Maco at least has more serious problem with her romance, being similar to Quinn's in PC having to go against her repeatedly stated disinterest in an affair. I will see if I can RP Torian romance when I get there. But of the Holonet, he did give me a pause. IIRC, at least one of his customs does not look very young, so that's an option (same is true for Iresso). I've met Maco in the game, and I never liked that archetype Bio keeps propagating game after game after game, starting with "Heya it's me, Imoen".

I would rather Gault had a romance, tbh.

And, yes, I would also pay CC to be able to customize the companion appearances/species in the same way one can the Player Character.

Edited by DomiSotto

I decided to try to go with a real deal cougar, and bought a Cathar unlock + wrote a background for a grande dame. Then someone mentioned Bieber in connection to Torian. I, erm, familiarized myself with about half a song of the source material while running in the gym (couldn't take more, the guy is seriously bad). I will likely hitch him with Mako and be a Space Nun... sucks, but yeah, if a romantic interests prompts me to think: "Very nice, dear, now where is your dad?"... space nun is a better option.

But i feel that the actual teenagers who play the game will appreciate the options!

My BH is "too old" for Torian too. I made her an older cyborg with serious facial scars. But, heck, it IS the Imperial side anyways! She's totally flirting with Torian but she doesn't have expectations that the romance will lead to marriage or anything. He's just a boy-toy to her. Torian was raised Mandalorian, so he's pretty mature for his age. Mako, on the other hand, acts AND looks young.