Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

EricMusco

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see a response so I'll ask again:

Has it been mentioned if we are going to be able to place things like Crew Skill vendors and item modification stations, as well as all the other things we have access to on our ship if we unlock them into Strongholds/Guild ships? I'm seriously hoping so.

ERIC I LOVE U, can u answer this question with i love you back?

OT: obviously we would get in the near future we will get more strongholds on more planets but my curiosity go's to NPC and housing type. Like if we buy a stronghold on Dromund Kaas. Will it look like the usual interior we have seen so far in story lines and other missions like Sash her Chambers etc or can we choose interior based on class type so if i have a Sith i can choose a template to make it look more Sith-ish?

and other question i have, as i've seen in trailer, the trooper NPC guarding the entrance and such, will we be able to choose, NPC, Specie, Gear, Class or are they tied to the class that owns the stronghold, which i doubt seeing that it will be legacy wide. makes me think we can choose which NPC (besides companions) we can place and or want in our stronghold.

Thanks! That's a quote from Boston I hadn't seen yet.

It has me hoping that there's a quest involved, too. Make it challenging so we feel a sense of accomplishment and pride when we get it!

How does a epic run through a series of HM OPs for G-Ship progress credits + 1Billion credits sound? That provide enough sense of accomplishment? :p

No.. I have no idea what it will take... I'm just nipping at DarthTHCs ankles a bit. hehe... :D

Edited by Andryah

Will PvP really not be tied into these conquests? Having reasons to fight on planets across the galaxy would be awesome!

If they found a way to negate Expertise in the Open World, that WOULD be awesome. Otherwise it would give PvP players a crazy huge advantage and probably keep many PvE players from participating.

If they found a way to negate Expertise in the Open World, that WOULD be awesome. Otherwise it would give PvP players a crazy huge advantage and probably keep many PvE players from participating.

That would be literally the opposite of awesome. They're making this new content completely PvE centered. Isn't that enough for you?

Actually did you read the FAQ? Because it clearly states decoration rewards will also come from pvp as well as pve

Who.

The Hell.

Cares.

About.

Decoration Rewards.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

That would be literally the opposite of awesome. They're making this new content completely PvE centered. Isn't that enough for you?

Y'know the difference between a player geared in PvP gear and a player geared in even maxed end-game raid gear is astronomical in open world right? Its to the point of being outright silly.

That's not to say they shouldn't receive no advantage at all for their PvP gear

But in warzones players get a free bolster to having expertise in the 1700s. People wearing PvP gear cap at around 2100.

In open world they have 0. None. Players in PvP gear will have roughly twice as much effective hp and deal far more damage than people in the strongest available non-PvP gear, let alone people wearing more normal gear.

A player being able to take on 4 others simultaneously simply because of his gear doesn't make for a good experience.

Good. That is the price you pay for getting more content than us.

And you want less players who aren't already geared in fully augmented brutalizer to participate in open world pvp type activities because?

*EDIT

Heck, that's as dumb as the bracketless PvP we had at launch.

Edited by Vandicus

Any chance we will have the ability to place other ALT characters from our legacy in the stronghold as well? The alt character logged in presently could be visibly hidden in the stronghold. I have no idea how involved it would be. It would rock my rocks tho, whole legacy team in one place.

Thanks for everything guys.

Edited by Voleo

Bad, because you are in the minority.

Open world pvp is a joke right now, there should be no such thing as expertise out of warzones because of reasons stated before - ganking is not good pvp, it's just a e-peen bolster.

Having said that - I really look forward to the game update and the conquering planets system, I just hope all guilds will have equal footing (as in not to allow the number of players affect anything).

I'm looking forward to checking out all of the new stuff, and since I haven't had much time lately to really play the game like I'd like too, I suppose waiting isn't really an issue for me. Still excited though, and thanks for the update! :)

Gear should not matter in OWPvP. It should be about coordination and tactics. If it's in the open world where PvE interact with PvP. Then gear should be on an even playing field regardless of which aspect of gaming. They should do it like the free event and have an area where you get bolstered to close to max rating.

Your points might all be valid if they were actually trying to cultivate an open world PvP environment; in which case, ensuring that there's not a large gear gap might be a good thing (even though PvP gear is not hard to get. Before there was bolster, PvErs had to put on PvP gear to do well in warzones. Why should the same not be true of open world PvP? But I digress). But they're not doing that. They're making another PvE quest environment, for PvErs. A small consolation for PvPers not being able to literally conquer planets via open world PvP (which we would prefer) is the ability to grief people doing their quests in such areas.

But sorry, I'll be a good little boy and go back to the pvp forums where I belong.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Conquering a planet is done through completion of Conquest Events, which are PvE Missions.

Also, I know this is big news so I am going to be sticking around in the thread answering questions as I can. We probably aren't going to talk too much about the details of each feature yet but I will answer what I can :)

-eric

Hello Eric,

any chance we might see PvP Conquest missions in future as well? Something simple, like killing X players, or killing Y guards...

So being a star wars game and in star wars were huge ground battles such as on Hoth,Endor and even Geonosia, when are we gonna see that? by large I mean more than eight. The highlight of a star wars game shouldn't be housing, sure for the role play folk that's awesome good for them but what about the star wars fans and the pvp fans?

Star wars is about epic battles not guarding nodes and scoring goals in forced in your face huttball. Any of the developers here actually seen a Star Wars film?

Edited by Locksley

So being a star wars game and in star wars were huge ground battles such as on Hoth,Endor and even Geonosia, when are we gonna see that? by large I mean more than eight. The highlight of a star wars game shouldn't be housing, sure for the role play folk that's awesome good for them but what about the star wars fans and the pvp fans?

Star wars is about epic battles not guarding nodes and scoring goals in forced in your face huttball. Any of the developers here actually seen a Star Wars film?

Haven't you heard?: their game engine is like, literally the worst. Knowing this, and that EA will not allocate them the resources to upgrade the engine to acceptable standards, small scale open world skirmishes across multiple points should be encouraged over large scale battles. Besides: I love open world pvp, but not zerg fests.