What an Ace is - and what an Ace is NOT

Sidenti

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think an ace should be defined as anyone who has a 5 or above K/D in their battlerecord.

Why? Because its something that is measurable by everyone, it is also something that is achievable by every ship while still being beyond the capabilities of the average pilot.

None of this wishy-washy, "well if you are <insert non-measurable and highly-subjective stat>" bullcrap.

That disqualifies me (because scout), though I like to think I'm still a pretty influential presence on the battlefield.

Personally I think an ace should be defined as anyone who has a 5 or above K/D in their battlerecord.

So you are saying that of all the people who play GSF only, maybe, .5% of them are aces?

I know folks (Scout and Pike) pilots who are amazing, but because it took them weeks to truly learn which ship is best for then and then how to fly and then how to avoid dying then longer to be able to earn 10+ kills per match their KD ratio is BAD. If you see them in your match NOW I guarantee you are gonna gun for them or avoid them cause you know you are dead if they are in your sights.

Judging by this standard I am an Ace on My Sniper, Merc and Mara, but My Scoundrel, Send and Sage are not. I learned to fly on my pub toons and now fly Imp side since I am lvling those classes.

So since, by your standards I have 3 toons that are aces and 3 that are not am I an Ace or not?

I'm not conceded so I'll tell you that I think I am a good pilot and I am confident while flying, but there are others out there I would call aces long before I would put myself in that category.

So you are saying that of all the people who play GSF only, maybe, .5% of them are aces?

.5%? Considering the number of people I know that have K/D in the 7+ range I think your being excessive.

I know folks (Scout and Pike) pilots who are amazing, but because it took them weeks to truly learn which ship is best for then and then how to fly and then how to avoid dying then longer to be able to earn 10+ kills per match their KD ratio is BAD. If you see them in your match NOW I guarantee you are gonna gun for them or avoid them cause you know you are dead if they are in your sights.

I started learned GSF when it first launched and my K/D is 8 I know people who started even later and have even higher K/D, stop pretending that its some impossible feat. Honestly until I saw these posts I was figuring 5 K/D was on the low side.