Smugglers question

Amilyne

I guess I could post this in the smugglers section but I think it's a newbie question. As I leveling my smuggler I have reached lvl 11. I was wondering when you get to pick your specialty and get a starship? On my jedi I was lvl 10 when I choose. Is there a quest I may have missed?

I'm on Coruscant and I just got my class quest "Hot pursuit"

Just curious really.

Actually you only have to be level 10 to get the advanced class. I've used the emergency fleet pass on a couple occasions to pop to the fleet, pick my advanced class and crew skills, then shuttle back to finish up the starter planet.

You always get your ship after the 2nd plant (Corusant or Dromand Kass) and can get your advanced class at 10 regardless of what class you play.

Edited by Mmurph
add info

Yes, you missed the quest giver on the fleet, when you first arrive. He sends you to your Advanced class trainer. The only requirements I know of is you must be level 10, and have finished the starting world.

That trainer is there on Coruscant as well, beneath the Senate plaza, so it's not even necessary to meet the trainer on the fleet. However, it's just more convenient to do so, as you usually see them when arriving on the fleet.

I think the biggest problem with most people is that when they arrive at the fleet at level 10. They go running all over the place, completely missing the quest giver for the advanced class choice who is conveniently located near the lift who brings you up from the hangar to the main station :rolleyes:

I think the biggest problem with most people is that when they arrive at the fleet at level 10. They go running all over the place, completely missing the quest giver for the advanced class choice who is conveniently located near the lift who brings you up from the hangar to the main station :rolleyes:

I dunno, on my 1st character in this game, I had no problem seeing that guy who obviously had a quest for me. I have no idea how people miss it. He's standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE MAIN FLEET DONUT.

But then again, I figured out on my own that my Trooper (1st toon) needed to stack Aim and no other stat, and various other things. I guess I read the tutorials?

That trainer is there on Coruscant as well, beneath the Senate plaza, so it's not even necessary to meet the trainer on the fleet. However, it's just more convenient to do so, as you usually see them when arriving on the fleet.
There are AC Trainers on Coruscant, yes, but like the ones on the Fleet, they won't talk to you if you haven't spoken to the NPC on the Fleet who gives you the mission to choose your Advanced Class. And there's no NPC on Coruscant who gives that mission.

I dunno, on my 1st character in this game, I had no problem seeing that guy who obviously had a quest for me. I have no idea how people miss it. He's standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE MAIN FLEET DONUT.
I don't think it's that people don't see the NPC, so much as them thinking it's just another side mission that they can skip, as they don't ever get a prompt to go talk to him like they do for other missions.

I guess I read the tutorials?

That right there. Most people just close those windows and never bother reading them. They answer close to all the questions that get answered on the forums and in game on a daily basis.

It may depend on your computer, but for me at least it sometimes take a while for everything to load and become visible.

It is actually possible to rush past the questgiver without seeing him because the system has yet to load and display him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.