There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

Timarick

That's a nicer way of saying what I was feeling upon reading that bit from Chembox, thank you, Lan. I don't think I could have presented a civil counterpoint to that with how I was feeling.

Not a problem! I do what I can! :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nicer way of saying what I was feeling upon reading that bit from Chembox, thank you, Lan. I don't think I could have presented a civil counterpoint to that with how I was feeling.

Not only did you misunderstand me, you proved my point to why policing shouldn't be done and why you are indeed the minority.

I never said RPers on a RP server are the minority, I even say I myself partake in RPing from time to time.

The minority I'm talking about is people like you who can't go through the game without getting upset and wanting people to follow your rules and ways of thinking.

You seem like the person on the street who see's me smoking a cigarette and has to yell at me because you aren't mature enough to realize that it's my decision and to just stay away from me. You clearly can't handle people acting how they want in a video game, I can't imagine what you go through in day to day life.

Or is it easier to tell someone what to do when you can't talk to them face to face?

"Why is the queue taking so long for group finder?"

"Why are the PvP queues taking so long? I want my valor for my Battlemaster set so I can wear it."

"There aren't enough people RPing, where does everyone RP at?"

These are a just a few questions that go on that I see all the time. People that want to complain about the people that are either non RPers or part time RPers fail to understand that the server would be much more empty if policing went to the point of: "Be in character 100% of the time or state that you're OOC or be banned from the server."

Want that Battlemaster set so you can look cool for that next RP event? Have fun getting it with no PvPers on the server at all.

Want to get those raids done for that one piece that you'd like for your story? Good luck with that, people don't PvE here because they don't want to be IC 100% of the time.

Would you like to find more RP? Well, all the part time RPers that have other things they like to do as well, have moved on because of similar reasons.

You have to have a balance of everything regardless of what kind of server people are on, otherwise you have a very empty game with nothing to do. Sure you have the primary focus of what the server is supposed to be, but you need the rest as well in order to be able to play the game. Think the GTN prices are high right now? Try it with a lower population than what we have, you can easily double what prices are now. As well as reduce the quantity of what's up on the GTN right now drastically.

All parts make up the whole in the end, cut off all but one and you're bleeding out. Want a hardcore RP group? Make one. Want a hardcore PvP group? Make one. Want a hardcore PvE group? Make one. What you get out of the game is dependent on what you put into it.

It takes work, but it is just as simple as that. Learn to tolerate the people around you and you'll have a better experience in the game. That's my two cents on it. Take it or leave it.

For the record, you do realize that it says right when you chose an RP server that there are no special rules as to naming on an RP server? Sure it's tacky. But, it's not against the rules. This thread thus has literally 0 purpose.

./thread

Not only did you misunderstand me, you proved my point to why policing shouldn't be done and why you are indeed the minority.

I never said RPers on a RP server are the minority, I even say I myself partake in RPing from time to time.

The minority I'm talking about is people like you who can't go through the game without getting upset and wanting people to follow your rules and ways of thinking.

You seem like the person on the street who see's me smoking a cigarette and has to yell at me because you aren't mature enough to realize that it's my decision and to just stay away from me. You clearly can't handle people acting how they want in a video game, I can't imagine what you go through in day to day life.

Or is it easier to tell someone what to do when you can't talk to them face to face?

Did you actually read anything I wrote before, or did that hurt too much to even attempt? Hell with that, did you read Lan's post any further than that?

That's nice that you roleplay, please, keep it up and have fun doing it. I mean that sincerely. But I have never suggested that an RP police were a wise, necessary or practical idea in this thread. All I can do is what I've been doing, which is also exactly what Lan suggested: if I don't like a name, if I don't like an RP, if I don't like a concept, I don't gravitate towards it. I don't deal with them. Because, no, I don't have anything nice to say to you.

I deal with a lot of smokers, and I don't feel the need to jack them up just because I disagree with them so long as they respect my airspace. If I saw you smoking in an area where it was okay for you to, I wouldn't care, and go on about my day. If I saw your name in game, I wouldn't care, and go on about my day. If I saw you RPing, I would decide whether or not to care, and if I didn't, I'd go on about my day.

But if you'll notice, I merely supported what somebody else said because it was nicer than I could put it. People are right to feel their immersion threatened. The answer to that, however, is to leave you very much alone and find folks they do like to be around, and for you to respect the space of those who want a more immersive experience.

Yet just because I don't have anything nice to say to you, that doesn't make the points you extoll correct.

Edited by QuinMantha

I'm a big meanie irl, totally.

If I don't like what someone is doing, then I will walk away. I see you smoking? Go right on ahead, buddy! Not my lungs.

Just don't smoke next to me, or I'm going to get a little ticked off because I'm not the one smoking Stop letting me know you smoke. Stop blowing smoke in my face. I will ask you nicely to stop or I will just walk away because I don't need to deal with that.

I don't agree with policing, I stated that before. But I and any RPer has a right to say "No, I'm sorry, I really don't want to RP this or with this character." If someone asks me why, I'll explain why. If someone wants to hear my reasons and then later on they make a character I can RP with, then that's awesome!

Telling someone I don't want to play with them =/= telling them what to do.

Sorry if you feel that is policing in any way, but after years of being someone that did try and police people, I've let it go (let it gooooo) and just moved on. I'm not going to fall back into old habits by forcing myself to RP with someone who is named after pot or a Sith on Tython, however.

For the record, you do realize that it says right when you chose an RP server that there are no special rules as to naming on an RP server? Sure it's tacky. But, it's not against the rules. This thread thus has literally 0 purpose.

./thread

I will still report names that are offensive and it is my right to not want to RP with a mirialan named The'Hulk.

I will still report names that are offensive and it is my right to not want to RP with a mirialan named The'Hulk.

It is not against any rules to use the name The'Hulk. It is however against the rules to misuse the report function to report things that arn't against the rules. Enjoy your vacation.

It is not against any rules to use the name The'Hulk. It is however against the rules to misuse the report function to report things that arn't against the rules. Enjoy your vacation.

I didn't say I reported that name. I report names that are offensive, like the trooper who was called 'Gayguy the Backstabber' or some awful misspelling of Hitler

And according to the naming policy, names that are trademarked are considered inappropriate, but I'm not going to report The'Hulk...I'm just not going to RP with them.

Okay, I'm going to modify Lan's post so that its meaning and import actually come across to you.

"I will still report names that are offensive." That's one complete thought. That's got a subject and a verb, and can stand on its own as an independent statement.

"It is my right to not want to RP with a mirialan named The'Hulk." This is another complete thought, totally separate from that bit up there. The name itself isn't even all that offensive, and thus, probably wouldn't merit a report.

What Lan just said, though, is that she reserves the right to not RP with that character...not that she would demand he or she be hung, drawn and quartered for daring to type such a blasphemous heresy into the character creation screen.

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it. Oh well. I'm gonna leave this here anyway.

Edited by QuinMantha

Okay, I'm going to modify Lan's post so that its meaning and import actually come across to you.

"I will still report names that are offensive." That's one complete thought. That's got a subject and a verb, and can stand on its own as an independent statement.

"It is my right to not want to RP with a mirialan named The'Hulk." This is another complete thought, totally separate from that bit up there. The name itself isn't even all that offensive, and thus, probably wouldn't merit a report.

What Lan just said, though, is that she reserves the right to not RP with that character...not that she would demand he or she be hung, drawn and quartered for daring to type such a blasphemous heresy into the character creation screen.

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it. Oh well. I'm gonna leave this here anyway.

Then, Lan should learn to use punctuation. Without a period, they are not two distinct thoughts. The conjunction 'and' implies that the two are in fact related thoughts. More importantly, the 'and' implies that they are in fact thoughts that heavily compliment each other. For instance, "Lan corrected my misunderstanding ~and~ this other random guy felt he had to try too." Please try again though, this is hilarious.

Edited by Ordo

I didn't say I reported that name. I report names that are offensive, like the trooper who was called 'Gayguy the Backstabber' or some awful misspelling of Hitler

And according to the naming policy, names that are trademarked are considered inappropriate, but I'm not going to report The'Hulk...I'm just not going to RP with them.

Excellent work, Bureaucrat Lanuria.

I really enjoy the gang mentality here. I understand your precious Lan didn't explain herself very well. But, honestly guys, you are making her position less stable by being complete morons while flocking to her defense like this. You are making her look like someone who can't speak up for herself and instead needs to send her flying monkeys out after everyone. Have a good day.

I really enjoy the gang mentality here. I understand your precious Lan didn't explain herself very well. But, honestly guys, you are making her position less stable by being complete morons while flocking to her defense like this. You are making her look like someone who can't speak up for herself and instead needs to send her flying monkeys out after everyone. Have a good day.

I really have to agree with you and anyone following this thread please see through the stupidity.

This is just like 99% of the open role-playing done on the fleets, it's one girl surrounded by 2-5 guys all trying to get her approval and attention.

It's so embarrassing and obvious here it's sickening. Don't even say you have no idea what your talking about because Ordo is 100% correct. Lana is not communicating intelligently and has even said (though she claims it was due to improper grammar) that she has violated the rules by trying to police the RP servers.

There are 2-3 people editing her posts for her trying to make her seem more credible then she really is.

We're trying to have a discussion about how policing on RP servers is a horrible backward idea and it's ruined by this gang mentality and elitism that seems to plague the RP server community. I wasn't even talking to Lana and she still felt the need, because of support from idiots, that she is lady justice and can bless us with her empowering words when she is the type of elitist mentality that ruins it for everyone.

If you don't like my name, don't want to RP with me, then keep going. I'm sorry you all have to go through a ritual of putting me on a blacklist like we're all back in high-school creating cliques.

Just leave me alone and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and this thread would have never been started. I'm really amazed at how many of you are playing a MMO when you all clearly have incredible immature problems dealing with the people around you who also chose to play this game to have fun. The mature thing to do would be to stop this gang-mentality and stop trying to press your ideas onto us and let us have fun.

Edited by Chembox

I really have to agree with you and anyone following this thread please see through the stupidity.

This is just like 99% of the open role-playing done on the fleets, it's one girl surrounded by 2-5 guys all trying to get her approval and attention.

It's so embarrassing and obvious here it's sickening.

I don't know any of these people. How do you even know I'm a girl? Just because my icon is?

Don't even say you have no idea what your talking about because Ordo is 100% correct. Lana is not communicating intelligently and has even said (though she claims it was due to improper grammar) that she has violated the rules by trying to police the RP servers.

There are 2-3 people editing her posts for her trying to make her seem more credible then she really is.

Reporting names is not against the rules. Offensive names that are references to drugs, on the other hand, are against the rules. This is me reporting something that is against the ToS. If this is policing, then I am sorry.

We're trying to have a discussion about how policing on RP servers is a horrible backward idea and it's ruined by this gang mentality and elitism that seems to plague the RP server community. I wasn't even talking to Lana and she still felt the need, because of support from idiots, that she is lady justice and can bless us with her empowering words when she is the type of elitist mentality that ruins it for everyone.

Sorry for posting on a public forum?

If you don't like my name, don't want to RP with me, then keep going. I'm sorry you all have to go through a ritual of putting me on a blacklist like we're all back in high-school creating cliques.

Just leave me alone and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and this thread would have never been started. I'm really amazed at how many of you are playing a MMO when you all clearly have incredible immature problems dealing with the people around you who also chose to play this game to have fun. The mature thing to do would be to stop this gang-mentality and stop trying to press your ideas onto us and let us have fun.

Alright, have fun. May the Force be with you.

@OP: There's just a few things wrong with your line of thinking, so let me point them out to you....

1 - There is nothing wrong with people wanting to PvE or PvP on an RP server. Technically speaking, calling a server an RP server is just shorthand for RP-PvE, like how Jung Ma is an RP-PvP server. People may like to RP but get this, they may also enjoy things like doing missions, flashpoints, warzones, galactic starfighter and there's nothing wrong with that.

2 - Not everybody likes to RP all the time when they're online, so there's going to be people 'not' rping. It's just a fact of life.

3 - It is not the responsibility of the developers to create every RP experience in the game for you. A true RPer creates their own RP experience by developing a character, then seeking out other RPers and interacting with them, feeding off their ideas while giving their own.

I haven't seen forum drama since my days on the Moon Guard forums.

I'm actually starting to think your a troll now. You clearly are just going to continue to be immature to keep the drama flowing in this thread. The way you replied to me earlier was way too redundant and proved my point, you should have done the mature thing and just ended with "may the force be with you".

I told you already I know you don't know any of them, which is why it's called gang-mentality sweetie. See this is the point we've been trying to make. Your very flustered and not understanding anything intelligent we have to say and your not communicating well. Your coming off as a nut who can't deal with the people around her maturely.

That could of been it with "may the force be with you", I would have believed you were mature enough to say goodbye and move on, instead you keep camping outside this forum just to create more drama.

I hope you prove me wrong and your not a troll and just say good day and continue on but I'm afraid you'll still be coming back trying to pressure your emotions onto everyone. Also when you replied before, you answered a lot of my questions with questions and didn't even have the respect to answer them. Since I'm betting on you being a troll and responding to this instead of leaving it at "may the force be with you", could you answer those questions for me that you asked? I'm curious because I'm betting on you being a woman, a old one in-fact too. I never met a girl my age as ignorant as you so I'm sure your older then most of your alts.

Edited by Chembox

I'm curious because I'm betting on you being a woman, a old one in-fact too. I never met a girl my age as ignorant as you so I'm sure your older then most of your alts.

You ask someone to be mature and intelligent, and then you say something like that? What you said is wrong and out of line. Think about it.

Edited by HoraShadow

Is this thread really still going? Seriously people, put your wizard hats back on and just go RP. lol This is pointless. lol You were fine til somebody went and stirred the pot here, at this point it's turning into a troll fest and down right stupid.

*flails!

I apologise. I won't bother you any more. However, I politely ask that you do the same. Saying I am immature and unintelligent is rather rude.

My husband doesn't like it when random men edit my topics! He may get jealous!