Korriban?

Nivek_Sivad

I know this has always been a key thing on Korriban apparently, but why are PvPers sitting at the top of the Academy, almost constantly using /say chat and doing duels? I mean, I'm all for PvP, and I love it sometimes, but the steps of the Academy is a good spot for RP, and it gets annoying, giving IC interviews( I am a major RPer, bear with me.), and people are talking about armor and what not in /say chat, or giving "tips" on how to beat them.

My suggestion: There is an arena that we're all familiar with, just east of the Shuttle, up the hill. Why not PvP in there? It'd be a good spot for 1v1 duels, and to spectate from above.

Because PvPers want to be seen. They want to new players to see their superiority over the average person. Also because it has a nice view.

Then why not make up an Ops chat at least as to not disturb other players? I'm not trying to complain, but everytime I'm there, someone is either spamming /schat complaining about losing a duel, or bragging their *** off. Why not just scoot it back or something, in the hallways inside the Academy, or something?

Then why not make up an Ops chat at least as to not disturb other players? I'm not trying to complain, but everytime I'm there, someone is either spamming /schat complaining about losing a duel, or bragging their *** off. Why not just scoot it back or something, in the hallways inside the Academy, or something?

Because PvPers want to be seen.

Answer right der.

If you don't like it find a new place to RP or /ignore said players

Game too hard.

I believe they recently made a new feature in 2.7 called /ignore.

You need Legacy 10 and Valor level 15 to use it.

Also, Nivek, don't expect to bring change to a naturally-occurring phenomenon; rather than attempting to change the game-world to suit you, perhaps your energies would be better spent seeking change to yourself, to suit your happiness about the game-world.

Edited by Ahl-Vinn

You need Legacy 10 and Valor level 15 to use it.

Also, Nivek, don't expect to bring change to a naturally-occurring phenomenon; rather than attempting to change the game-world to suit you, perhaps your energies would be better spent seeking change to yourself, to suit your happiness about the game-world.

do you type everything in yellow?

Back to the OP.

I don't mind the dueling and constant hoard in front of the Academy, it's cool sometimes to just take a break and watch them go at it. What bothers me is when I am sitting there talking to my friends and random people come up and request to duel me. They don't even send a friendly whisper or say anything in general chat. I almost always decline and when I do I get these lovely messages calling me derogatory names. I just wish these PVPers would be more respectful, not everyone is at the Academy to duel non-stop.

easy fix to this you dont like seeing say chat turn it off in your settings. its the same thing we can say about rpers we dont like seeing your rp in chat let alone getting whispers while you rp, BUT rpers still do it. sooo just either A ignore it or B turn that chat off. easy fix

easy fix to this you dont like seeing say chat turn it off in your settings. its the same thing we can say about rpers we dont like seeing your rp in chat let alone getting whispers while you rp, BUT rpers still do it. sooo just either A ignore it or B turn that chat off. easy fix

I don't RP nor will I ever but complaining about RP on an RP server is beyond stupid

I always duel on DK or tat to practice with people, and when it comes to gearing and most tips I will have some one do pvp regs with me or a flashpoint to practice in a non live area. your point is valid but I assure you that we are bothered all the same and in a few other ways I won't bring up but learn to manage with the rpers. turning say chat off and making a custom channel or using group chat could be a great help for you to ignore us and still bring out your conversations. Though maybe we could do the same we have the bc kickball channel I'm sure we could make another for helping people/ duels on korriban. I think it all comes down as to which side actually wants the change should make these adjustments. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not posting in awhile...Totally forgot I made this thread.

Anyways,

You can /ignore them all you like, but more and more keep coming, plus it doesn't ignore duel invites, and what not. Aaaaand, they find it humorous to PvP and troll RP at the stairs of the Academy.

I get people wanting to be seen, but seriously? I find it kind of stupid, but then again...People find RP kind of stupid. :p